Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Nu Foundation - Le Gra Go Deo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DjZelous From The Hardcore Underground FB Page:

Almost five years ago now, the life of our friend, colleague and original HU artist Mikey Nu Foundation was cut tragically short at the age of just 25. Today would have been his 30th Birthday, and today seemed as appropriate a time as any to announce that our next focus as a label (and as his friends) is to complete the album we always wanted to release for him; celebrating his past work and also finally releasing the music he'd written for his forthcoming artist album.
It's taken a long while to reach the point where we're ready to do this, for a variety of complicated reasons, but with Mikey's mother and other family members and friends in full support, this is now simply something we just have to do. Not for ourselves but for him. It really is what he would have wanted.
Of course we welcome the input of any of Mikey's friends on this project, anyone who knew him and can help in making this album the best it can possibly be. It goes without saying that all profits from the album will go directly to Mikey's family, and that Hardcore Underground seeks in no way to profit from the release of this album, this is something to celebrate him. This isn't about publicity, or cashing in, or anything other than simply doing what we know we should.
Mikey really was the life and soul; he was part of our original team of artists, and was integral in the founding of this label. He was a good person, a loyal friend and a talented artist. Whilst we will forever feel his loss, we need to celebrate his music and everything that he was to us all, and this is what we hope to do with this project.
More details soon.

I honestly can't wait for this release! i might even get some of the tracks on it pressed up on vinyl :)
Mansy This will be possibly one of the biggest selling albums from HU so far!
CDJay Probably not, as we're only pressing 500.

We're starting on this tomorrow night. Wish us luck, and emotional courage!

CDJay
djDMS We know you'll do it justice
trippnface want the want; WANT WANT WANT
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Probably not, as we're only pressing 500.

CDJay

Ok then. It will be the HU album to sell out the fastest!
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:

CDJay

"Only 500"?? Damn, how many do you usually press? Wish I could sell that many. xD

Really looking forward to this, it's a great idea. Hopefully "Losing Control" will see its way on there. :D
CDJay Not even kidding, I was listening the latest podcast and when done it switched to ""In Your Head". I clinched and heard Chwhynny sob from the hall.. It won't be easy. Few things worth it are.

CDJay
versia im so happy that the don't be lonely remix is finally going to be released.
Mickey Init This will be awesome. Hope this thread doesn't get moved as the release date nears.
DjZelous
quote:
Not even kidding, I was listening the latest podcast and when done it switched to ""In Your Head". I clinched and heard Chwhynny sob from the hall.. It won't be easy. Few things worth it are.

CDJay

Damn, Thats rough. we all miss him dearly :(
jordesuvi
quote:

CDJay

Count me in on that pre-order hype
Si Thompson Nu Foundation was awesome. I will definitely be purchasing a copy of this.
CDJay **THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM, NOT DUE TO SHIP UNTIL APRIL 22ND**
- Please be aware that if ordered with any other items, your order in it's entirety will not be shipped until this title is also in stock.

Cat: HUDSCD020

Format: 3xCD

CD1

01. Nu Foundation - Taking My Time
02. Nu Foundation - In Kontrol (Bonkers Mix) (???)
03. Nu Foundation - Closer (Breaks Mix)
04. Nu Foundation feat. Fran - Take Me Over
05. Nu Foundation - Want Your Love
06. Chwhynny & Nu Foundation - Stars Align
07. Nu Foundation - Wizzy
08. Nu Foundation - Open Your Heart
09. Nu Foundation - It?s Not Me
10. Nu Foundation - In Your Head (Original)
11. Nu Foundation - Drifting Away
12. Nu Foundation - I Can Feel It (Breaks Mix)
13. Nu Foundation - Signal 2 Noize
14. Nu Foundation - Move Your Body

CD2

01. Phenex & Nu Foundation feat. Le Kat - Power Of Goodbye (Nu Foundation Mix)
02. Nu Foundation - What Did You Say
03. Nu Foundation - I Miss You
04. Nu Foundation - Le Gr? Go Deo
05. Haywire & Nu Foundation feat. Xlerator & Sharon F - Losing Control
06. Nu Foundation - Lay Me Down
07. Nu Foundation - I Need Your Love
08. Nu Foundation - Illuminated
09. Nu Foundation vs. Michael Mansion - Waiting
10. Nu Foundation - I Need You
11. Chwhynny & Nu Foundation - Untitled, Forever
12. Fracus & Nu Foundation - Hold On To Someone

CD3 - Remixes

01. Al Storm & Euphony feat. Danielle - Turn Around (Nu Foundation Remix)
02. Scott Brown - Viroid (Nu Foundation Remix)
03. Scott Brown - Lost Generation (Nu Foundation Remix)
04. Scott Brown - Do What Ya Like (Nu Foundation Remix)
05. Nightforce - Why Do You Hate Me (Nu Foundation Remix)
06. Darwin - Connected (Nu Foundation Remix)
07. Al Storm feat. Ali - Swept Away (Nu Foundation Remix)
08. Darwin feat. Pearl Blue - Don?t Be Lonely (Nu Foundation Remix)
09. Brisk & Ham - Fire & Flames (Nu Foundation & Haywire Remix)
10. Axwell - I Found U (Nu Foundation Remix)
11. Cat Like Thief feat. Ellie - It Starts With A Whisper (Nu Foundation Remix)
12. Master Blaster - Everywhere (Nu Foundation Remix)
13. Entity - Stargazer (Nu Foundation Remix - Unfinished)

CDJay
CDJay The order of tracks isn't final; we've built in a brief window in case anything needs adding/amending before sign off.

CDJay
jordesuvi Don't think I've ever pre-ordered something so fast.
DjZelous can you guys PLEEEEEEAASEEEE Put the "Rave Mix" Of in your head on the album??
djDMS Pre order available now in the store

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store
Quicksilver 08. Darwin feat. Pearl Blue - Don?t Be Lonely (Nu Foundation Remix)

YESSSSSSSSSS! I'd buy this album for this tune alone!!

Also the Breaks mix of Closer is absolute gold.
lurker Just went and pre-ordered. It's gonna be an interesting trip down memory lane.
Decky_G Can't wait for this one! Had the pleasure of seeing him play in Ireland once. Came across as a nice guy :)
jordesuvi Just been going through Nu Foundation's clips on Soundcloud. Words can't describe how pumped I am to get this album.
Lay Me Down and Losing Control are gonna get played to death.
Si Thompson Already pre-ordered mine.
Alexbturbo Preordered a week or so back along with the new HU EP and a couple of back cat CD's from last year.

Looking forward to this one :)
trippnface .... SOOOOOOOOOO

did this ship?
arpz Don't think so, I guess 22nd release date meant we'd expect to see it at the latest today but I haven't seen anyone posting the two releases up on facebook or anything (I'm at work so can't check my post). No news on Blu the roof either... I do understand the difficulties but it is a bit grating that it happens every single time something is put out :/
trippnface ****kkkin a HU; hahahaha

good thing i just bought a bunch of Japanese hardtek till then...
Vladel About as accurate as George Osborne for predictions mate
CDJay Somewhat predictably, the latest batch of releases has hit a delay. Securing the best available versions of some of the tracks from Nu Foundations album has taken a degree of scouring; even when we finally decide to settle for the mastered 320k .mp3 we end up sourcing a .wav immediately afterwards. Two of the unreleased tracks also needed mixing down (a more arduous task than usual, with efforts to retain the production stylings and methods employed at the time, rather than trying to "2016" them!).

We're ready to go to manufacture, so we will be in a position to update on delivery dates soon. 5 years later than we wanted this album, we'll take any and all flak for getting it "right".

Not the news anyone wants to hear, and certainly not news we take any pleasure in relaying, but them's the breaks.

As for "Blu The Roof"; the multichannel room is actually up and running! I'll take some photos and post a KS update, but that's been the problem (hiring out a decent multichannel room would costs ?100s a day, we spent the money already on shooting the thing ). Chwhynny and I were juggling a graphics card since January; luckily EK (whose AIO watercooler killed ?2700 of cards) actually paid out last week so we're nearly back up and running. Only 1/4 of the year down

Still, despite the mounting horrors we've been busy behind the scenes. There's some seriously cool and likely-to-actually-change-sh** stuff a-gwarn.....

CDJay
arpz
quote:
Somewhat predictably, the latest batch of releases has hit a delay. Securing the best available versions of some of the tracks from Nu Foundations album has taken a degree of scouring; even when we finally decide to settle for the mastered 320k .mp3 we end up sourcing a .wav immediately afterwards. Two of the unreleased tracks also needed mixing down (a more arduous task than usual, with efforts to retain the production stylings and methods employed at the time, rather than trying to "2016" them!).

We're ready to go to manufacture, so we will be in a position to update on delivery dates soon. 5 years later than we wanted this album, we'll take any and all flak for getting it "right".

Not the news anyone wants to hear, and certainly not news we take any pleasure in relaying, but them's the breaks.

As for "Blu The Roof"; the multichannel room is actually up and running! I'll take some photos and post a KS update, but that's been the problem (hiring out a decent multichannel room would costs ?100s a day, we spent the money already on shooting the thing ). Chwhynny and I were juggling a graphics card since January; luckily EK (whose AIO watercooler killed ?2700 of cards) actually paid out last week so we're nearly back up and running. Only 1/4 of the year down

Still, despite the mounting horrors we've been busy behind the scenes. There's some seriously cool and likely-to-actually-change-sh** stuff a-gwarn.....

CDJay

I like you so much more when you talk :)

CDJay The key is I to stop crying...

CDKay
Si Thompson Any update on this?
djDMS There was one on the HU Facebook page earlier today
arpz **APOLOGIES & UPDATES ON LATE RELEASES**

As always, we're going to do our very best to keep you in the loop; the latest releases were finally completed to our satisfaction and were sent to manufacture as planned, however as our luck would have it, their late delivery now falls right when our entire team is in Toronto for our Tour night. That means we cannot ship them until May 25th. Yeah, that's what we said too
frown emoticon

We can only apologise. This year has been beset with problems for us; huge delays on the re-launch of our website, technical problems that resulted in us losing three working computers for a period of 3 months (see the last 'Blu The Roof' update) all of which has combined to put us MONTHS behind schedule on every front and caused us no end of extra expense and hassle.

It's been a draining start to 2016 and we can only apologise to customers not only for the delay in shipping these particular items, but for the general lack of products released on the label full stop.

We have never wanted to just plod along doing the same old thing, and we've invested a huge amount of money into improving and widening the landscape of what we do, and helping it to reach new territories and customers etc. We scream and shout from the rooftops, punch well above our weight with a lot of what we do, but we're still ultimately a small indie outfit with a handful of full time members and a couple of part-time helpers too. It's taken us a little while to get things back on track, and we're almost there!

We HAVE NOT, and WILL NOT let these constant obstacles grind us down. Despite all the odds, and our largely unaided progress as a label over the past decade, we have NEVER failed to eventually deliver on anything we've promised or set out to do. That is true of these releases too, and the Blu Ray, and of anything else going forward. We're a determined team who will simply just get things done, and WILL NOT let you down.

Our new website is almost ready to go. There's a whole bunch of reasons why it'll make life easier for everyone, most importantly you as a customer. We'll save that until you can see it.

We've got a LOT of cool s**t lined up for the rest of this year, and if we can JUST get through to the end of this month and ship these items out to you, then we promise, everything will be alright.

Thank you for your support.

Team HU
CDJay In further mitigation, Chwhynny and I are getting married on the 21st and cancelled our honeymoon to get back and ship this instead.

CDJay

Vladel That date is also my first daughters third birthday. Totally irrelevant I know but I am proud.
latininxtc
quote:
In further mitigation, Chwhynny and I are getting married on the 21st and cancelled our honeymoon to get back and ship this instead.

CDJay

Well that sucks! About canceling your honeymoon, not about getting married. Although some disgruntled divorcees will surely disagree!

Where were y'all planning on honeymooning?
arpz Congratu/miserations! :)

Isn't the event itself on the 21st? Please tell me Obie got ordained?!

CDJay Was going to head down to Canc?n, due to proximity/cost efficiency, but will defer to do something end Sept instead.

Not getting married "at" the rave, merely on the same day somewhere proximate

I'm going to wear this to the event, afterwards, which is as close to romance as she's ever likely to see again now and forever:

https://www.sunfrog.com/Sorry-This-Guy-Is-Already-Taken-By-A-Psychotic-and-Sexy-Dutch-Girl.html?32733

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Was going to head down to Canc?n, due to proximity/cost efficiency, but will defer to do something end Sept instead.

Not getting married "at" the rave, merely on the same day somewhere proximate

I'm going to wear this to the event, afterwards, which is as close to romance as she's ever likely to see again now and forever:

https://www.sunfrog.com/Sorry-This-Guy-Is-Already-Taken-By-A-Psychotic-and-Sexy-Dutch-Girl.html?32733

CDJay

Oh damn that sucks! I loved Cancun! Great place to vacay and currently the peso is pretty weak compared to the USD and GBP so that would have been real economical! I could have even given you some neat places to go to, as well as suggest to stay further south of Cancun for a less crowded setting!

Oh and might want to avoid Cancun or anywhere in the Caribbean in the fall. Hurricane season is between June and November, so it can get rainy in Cancun during that time.

And are you really wearing that shirt? What I was planning on wearing compared to that would make me completely overdressed!
djDMS If Blu the roof takes much longer you could always sell it as an Old skool package ;-)
AoS_Lorenzo
quote:

CDJay

Fitting as me wearing my "Legend In The Making" tshirt to the event ;)
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If Blu the roof takes much longer you could always sell it as an Old skool package ;-)

6 months late in Kickstarter terms is *early*

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
If Blu the roof takes much longer you could always sell it as an Old skool package ;-)

lol

CDJay PFfft, I could release it in 2017 and it would be more upfront than most UK Hardcore sets. Relativistic standards based appraisal plz thx

CDJay
DjZelous
quote:
In further mitigation, Chwhynny and I are getting married on the 21st and cancelled our honeymoon to get back and ship this instead.

CDJay

Congrats Man!!!
Vladel I'd be surprised if you weren't delivered late for your own wedding
trippnface
quote:
PFfft, I could release it in 2017 and it would be more upfront than most UK Hardcore sets. Relativistic standards based appraisal plz thx

CDJay

bahahaha!
scottyd2k9 Can't wait for this :)
Mickey Init When will this be ready to go? I didn't pre-order but am wanting to put an order in. Just wondering if I should wait till next payday instead.
arpz CDJay said 'Tuesday' in the other HU thread :)
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
CDJay said 'Tuesday' in the other HU thread :)

Nice one arpz, cheers. I've tried to keep up with the updates.
Vladel Hu bring quite literal meaning to "latest" album lol
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Hu bring quite literal meaning to "latest" album lol

I suppose you're one of the ones that quickly jumped on the preorder as soon as it was available then...

Oh wait no, probably still waiting for a price drop on M:Project
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Hu bring quite literal meaning to "latest" album lol

I suppose you're one of the ones that quickly jumped on the preorder as soon as it was available then...

Oh wait no, probably still waiting for a price drop on M:Project

I'm usually in no rush to grab anything new since I'm still jamming albums from last year like crazy lol
Vladel I have all the m-project stuff but I usually wait till there are two or three albums that I want to save post and packaging costs. I'm not actually interested the my foundation album at the moment unless some more stuff comes out as I see the sense in latinxtc's thinking. I made the comment because I can't think of a HU album that wasn't delayed.
Si Thompson Any idea what's going on with this? I pre-ordered it at the start of April. It says released "6th May" on the HU site. I take it that date has been put back?

Many Thanks.
arpz I *think* they were being posted out today
Si Thompson
quote:
I *think* they were being posted out today

Cheers, mate. :)
Mansy Yeah the team were out in toronto untill tuesday so should hopefully be with people by end of week/early next week.
trippnface first HU release of 2016!!! woot!!!

arpz tl;dr - it's coming! :)

From HU Email:

Ten days of dispatch problems set to be rectified this week.
Despite notification being given that the whole HU team would be in Canada the majority of the week before last, issues arose with Royal Mail in our absence due to us (somewhat unsurprisingly you would think) not being here. We're not sure why we weren't called to resolve issues over the phone and clarify why we weren't here, but net result was that we returned to find our daily collection service temporarily suspended! And it's been far more difficult than we imagined to get it re-started again.

We have spoken with Royal Mail all week, and happily the service (including our online systems which have been the problem) will be able to resume as normal from Monday. This is good news, however it doesn't undo the fact that orders which *should* have been dispatched this week simply haven't been, and we can only apologise profusely to those affected by the downtime.
Alexbturbo I came here to post the same update :hehe:

I noticed they also mentioned that the older titles have now been reduced in a sale this weekend only so i'll probably check later and see if i can fill the back catalogue gaps i've got to save postage on orders.
--------------------------------------
Some silver lining...
From today, and for the duration of the weekend, we're running another instore sale on various items which means sizable discounts on all but be very latest releases. The good news is that all items purchased BEFORE today that still haven't been shipped will be subject to these new price changes, so if you've been inconvenienced by having to wait for your delivery over the past ten days, you will be receiving a partial refund to bring the prices you paid for each item in line with the sale.
--------------------------------------

So based on the above, if you'd ordered one of the now reduced titles at full price BEFORE today then you'll get a refund to bring the order in line with the current pricing this weekend - so it looks like I should be due some funds back on the 2 recent Al Storm cd's which can probably go towards another release or 2 :)

Seems like a nice thing to do as a thankyou for any customers who were bearing with them for delays :)
arpz They're good people :)
Alexbturbo Decided to grab a couple of the old releases as, with the current prices, it would be silly not to fill the gaps in the back cat.

Incase anyone from HU sees this - I've pinged you a message via the site with details of both the pre-order & new order details so hopefully you can tie them both together and save yourselves having to send multiple packages :)
CDJay We'll not only do that; we'll refund you one set of postage costs too

CDJay
Vladel I've bought nearly everything i'd would pay for. just waiting for some more new stuff to get released so i can make the postage worth it.
CDJay Two Lethal Theory albums are next inbound, along with a M-Project release, and a 10 years of HU t-shirt.

Just sayin'

CDJay
latininxtc I'm probably the biggest HU fan that doesn't get excited about the clothing line y'all release lol

When does the sale end?
CDJay Midnight, tonight

CDJay
Alexbturbo
quote:
We'll not only do that; we'll refund you one set of postage costs too

CDJay

Ta muchly :) At last, something to look forward to arriving in the post in the coming week or so then :) rather than all the usual bills, etc :(
Torpex I normally wouldn't post anything before album release, but this is different. I've had the privilege to listen to the whole thing today.

I teared up several times.

The last track of the album made me gasp in joy and sorrow.

Mikey was a great friend. This is a great album.
versia
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
I normally wouldn't post anything before album release, but this is different. I've had the privilege to listen to the whole thing today.

I teared up several times.

The last track of the album made me gasp in joy and sorrow.

Mikey was a great friend. This is a great album.

The Stargazer remix? I'm really hyped for that one.

arpz Excited :D
djDMS I have literally no spare money at present and won't for a while so i'll just have to put up with everybody saying how great it is
latininxtc
quote:
I have literally no spare money at present and won't for a while so i'll just have to put up with everybody saying how great it is

This is why you wear condoms
jordesuvi I kid you not this has been the longest week of my life waiting for this album to arrive.

Edit:
OMG IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!!
Si Thompson Arrived today. Cheers to all involved!
Alexbturbo Mine arrived Friday - just have to find the time to listen to them now :hehe:

Any news on the status of the refund of postage & the difference in discount on previous items ordered as I've not heard anything yet?
arpz I'll chuck this in here but posting in mixes forum - https://soundcloud.com/arpz/arps-hu-nu-foundation-2016

Awesome album :)
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Alexbturbo:
Mine arrived Friday - just have to find the time to listen to them now :hehe:

Any news on the status of the refund of postage & the difference in discount on previous items ordered as I've not heard anything yet?

Most of the held-up orders vs sale things have been refunded, but the post combination ones are pending. If you PM me your order number I'll fast track

CDJay
Alexbturbo
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alexbturbo:
Mine arrived Friday - just have to find the time to listen to them now :hehe:

Most of the held-up orders vs sale things have been refunded, but the post combination ones are pending. If you PM me your order number I'll fast track

CDJay

CheeRS - just pinged a PM over now with the 2 order details :)
Mickey Init Just wanted to acknowledge how great this album is. Also, the work gone in to making it happen hasn't gone unnoticed either. Arpz has done a mix (above) and Cotts has posted a mix on youtube http://youtu.be/9URxLIW2o8I
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Just wanted to acknowledge how great this album is. Also, the work gone in to making it happen hasn't gone unnoticed either. Arpz has done a mix (above) and Cotts has posted a mix on youtube http://youtu.be/9URxLIW2o8I

Yes, I am a proper c*nt ;)
trippnface fire. so much fire.
I put this in my car and had an orgasm.

where is elliot; he needs to buy this right here
Mickey Init Did Michael Mansion - "Out Of Touch" (Nu Foundation Remix) ever get released?
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Did Michael Mansion - "Out Of Touch" (Nu Foundation Remix) ever get released?

A quick Google search lead me to:
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=40428

Vladel I didn't bother buying this when it came around to be honest and it was mainly due to cost vs the age of the music. I recently bought the digital and i have to say the guy made a butt load of great music and while i wasn't a big follower, i can see why he was so popular. I suppose it is better late than never to appreciate something.

It took 3.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page