Total online 1498
 Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID In The Maga Sun 2016 - anyone going?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Thumpa Anyone off here going to this? Last year was fat, was only there 12 hours but it was insane, free drink and loud music go so well together!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1661103997507146/

They've announced the Wednesday lineup, looks really good!

Claxton Unfortunately not this year. Gutted!
wong nope. summer gathering is looking likely tho with it being half hour away
latininxtc Da Tweekaz? That one is a bit of a surprise.

For the first night that a great variety. With DS and Gammer kicking off the event there will certainly be a large crowd. I'm guessing that's both DS and maybe Gammer's only set for the event if they're both doing EDC, which I think falls on that weekend.
lurker
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Da Tweekaz? That one is a bit of a surprise.

It seems like TWR's promoting some sort of connection between hardstyle and UKHC, so I guess it's not too far-fetched.
The drunken scotsman
quote:

For the first night that a great variety. With DS and Gammer kicking off the event there will certainly be a large crowd. I'm guessing that's both DS and maybe Gammer's only set for the event if they're both doing EDC, which I think falls on that weekend.

Would assume so. I'm actually in Vegas on EDC weekend by sheer coincidence, but it's not feasible to go due to the fact that you can only buy tickets for the whole weekend and they cost a fortune. If I was going I'd only want to go for one night seeing as my time in Vegas is limited. Robbing bastards!
wong
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
quote:

It seems like TWR's promoting some sort of connection between hardstyle and UKHC, so I guess it's not too far-fetched.

nowt wrong with that
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

Would assume so. I'm actually in Vegas on EDC weekend by sheer coincidence, but it's not feasible to go due to the fact that you can only buy tickets for the whole weekend and they cost a fortune. If I was going I'd only want to go for one night seeing as my time in Vegas is limited. Robbing bastards!

Right now only full weekend passes are available. I think eventually 1-day passes go on sale. Or maybe they already went on sale and sold out but I can't imagine them doing that without the release of a lineup and days they play.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

Right now only full weekend passes are available. I think eventually 1-day passes go on sale. Or maybe they already went on sale and sold out but I can't imagine them doing that without the release of a lineup and days they play.

Pretty sure I read on the official website that 1 day passes won't be available at any time. Seems like they're very strict about it as 3 day passes can't even be transferred.
Audio Warfare Nope, baby due in 6 weeks so that isn't happening. :P
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Nope, baby due in 6 weeks so that isn't happening. :P

Sorry to hear that. About the baby. Goddamn vampires just suck the life out of you.

Anyways, a 2nd night of lineups has been released! Tuesday's Old Skool Til I Die's lineup is up. Odd that they're not releasing the lineup in order.

OMFG DJ SY IS BACK!!!!!!!! Let's hope no loudmouth cunt MCs throw a huge shitfit over it. And if they do, it's only fair that they get dumped if they're responsible for Sy backing down.
djDMS After last year's balls up, are Vibes & Livelee confirmed this time? ;-)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
After last year's balls up, are Vibes & Livelee confirmed this time? ;-)

I almost forgot about that scandal haha
firefly_NZ Yup, me and the Mrs are flying over from New Zealand for this (+ a 4 week holiday afterwards!)

Seriously can't wait for this, it's like a dream come true :D
Samination wait, Sy and MC Storm, in the same place?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
wait, Sy and MC Storm, in the same place?

By the looks of it Sy might be there just on Tuesday for the boat party and the night event. Storm doesn't even appear anywhere on the lineups for the day.

So perhaps Storm will fly in Wednesday and Sy will fly out that same day, so there's less of a chance of any type of animosity between them. Unless of course MC Storm and/or Sy are there that Monday. The whole event starts Monday but a lineup for that day has yet to be released.
Claxton I think that Livelee was trying to be big and clever in front of the GTYM crew last year who he had allegence too and got made to look very silly when last year's event was HUGE and HTID pretty much took off again. Also, HTID & RR are now on good terms again.

It's nice to see Sy back on the line-up. Last time they did it at Megarave it appeared as though quite a few artists took objection to it and refused to play. I'm assuming that this won't be the case this time.

This is the problem with social media: peoole say things which can publicly be seen and then never taken back. Although people seem to have very short memories in this scene. Someone who will be directly working with SY here was more than publicly scathing about him. Awkward.

Some people just can't remain professional when social media is plonked in front of them.

Anyway, back to the event. It looks like it is going to be bigger and better than last year. Absolutely gutted that I won't be there.
wong enemy? the bloke who moaned about people pirating his album then a few weeks later openly talking to another producer about using cracked software to make music on haha
The drunken scotsman Didn't expect to see Sy back on an HTID lineup. I'm guessing it won't be such an issue this time and Storm probably had to 'just accept it' or he wouldn't be on this lineup himself. I'm positive they won't be anywhere near each other at the event, sy will prob just be there for one night only.
firefly_NZ Imagine if it Sy & Storm made up and played a reunion set :D
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by firefly_NZ:
Imagine if it Sy & Storm made up and played a reunion set :D

that would make keyes, unknown and squad-e look like asshats then
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by firefly_NZ:
Imagine if it Sy & Storm made up and played a reunion set :D

that would make keyes, unknown and squad-e look like asshats then

Oh they don't need a pairing like that to make them look like asshats. They're doing a swell job of that right now.
Si Thompson Great to see Dj Sy back on a HTID flyer. Looks a quality line-up for that Tuesday with Vibes & Vinylgroover playing too.
latininxtc First day lineup is up! Seems like they're releasing the lineup for a new day every sunday

Looks like a good first day! I'm curious why Fracus & Darwin are booked to play the first night, and not playing somewhere in the middle of the event. Could this be their only gig? No boat party, no waterpark party?
djDMS No, rest of the line up is out sooner than that
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
No, rest of the line up is out sooner than that

Yea they probably just said **** it let's release the rest now. Here are the remaining 2 days.

So yea, looks like Monday is Fracus and Darwin's only gig. And Friday's closing party for me would look a bit too dull. Thank god that drinks are free that way you can drink yourself to the point where the lineup won't matter lol
wong f*ck all wrong with fridays lineup
jordesuvi I'm actually going Maga this year too, but not until the 26th June. Gonna miss out ;___;
Samination secret surpise dj... no mc storm... I call it! It's DJ Sy! oh wait, storm's name was there >_<
wong surprise dj is apparently someone who is currently retired from hardcore... seduction? ham?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
surprise dj is apparently someone who is currently retired from hardcore... seduction? ham?

Hixxy? ;-)
wong haha. but seriously, who else is retired from hardcore? cant think lol
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
haha. but seriously, who else is retired from hardcore? cant think lol

dj impact?
orbit1 !?
ViolonC Dune?
Samination fade, dna?

violenc: dune (dj oliver) has already made a comeback
lurker Gregor le Dalh. Heh.
MC Deecee Ooh buggeration, this has come round quick hasn't it, who else is a little bitoo excited then? :D :D :D
MC Deecee Roll on Monday morning, get me on that plane!
CDJay I'm there Monday night through Thursday morn, in a last ditch genre salvation attempt.

Alcohol and inspired interrogators welcomed; there's little left to lose and everything left to play for.

CDJay

arpz It's always such doom and gloom... sometimes I wish you were more specific about your aims.

In other news, Nu Foundation and DJ Tools arrived yesterday, going to try putting a mix together tomorrow, had a listen through so far and must say I'm impressed, good work as always :)
CDJay *curtseys*

Not being intentionally vague; same aim as 2006. Unite interested motivated factions,against a back drop of ill placed latent hero worship and wider industry apathy.

Difference now is people *might* listen

CDJay
arpz Fingers crossed :)

It'd be so good if everyone really did work together, we all know this, we all keep saying it. WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN?!

Bring Me Round To Love Hardcore Underground you are independent and have made great achievements, so why the need to always chase those big boys that killed off real hardcore years ago in favour of that horrible American sound.

In which gammer seems to think is happy hardcore, its all about marketing for them and trying to look young and trendy to appeal to the youth of today, old men with bad dress sense and shit taste in music, licking the ass off shitty edm producers and kanye west.
CDJay Not really chasing anything, anymore, except catching up built in exposure and entitled stature. It's very hard to take the offroad path when there's a toll road already built alongside that everyone is already using. Even the UK side where we've trailed horrendously, is showing signs of improvement. Frankly internationally I reckon we can and will stand toe-to-toe with absolutely anything in genre.

That said, I'll still step to the bat for Gammer quite happily. I know the whole HH tag agitates people, but I maintain that "Make It If We Try" is an actual HH track with updated noises (seriously, it's more HH than 95% of the Raverbaby stuff IMO) and the Futureshock remix I'll put alongside genuine trancecore/freeform greats of the past 15+ years. I don't really get the whole "selling out to EDM" thing given that it's already happened twice with trance and scouse house, and arguably there's more bite and cheer in some of the EDM noises if used appropriately.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does/says, but he's still a crucial working cog in a machine that desperately needs futureproofing. When he starts being a hardcore DJ, instead of a Clubland/TWR DJ, he's capable of achieving more than anyone else and in a fraction of the time. Ironically, I'll wager negativity is likely a factor in partial non engagement.

CDJay @ Hardcore Slightly-Less-Underground-In-Relativistic-Terms-But-The-Genre-Is-Smaller-So-Role-Shifting-Etc.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Not really chasing anything, anymore, except catching up built in exposure and entitled stature. It's very hard to take the offroad path when there's a toll road already built alongside that everyone is already using. Even the UK side where we've trailed horrendously, is showing signs of improvement. Frankly internationally I reckon we can and will stand toe-to-toe with absolutely anything in genre.

That said, I'll still step to the bat for Gammer quite happily. I know the whole HH tag agitates people, but I maintain that "Make It If We Try" is an actual HH track with updated noises (seriously, it's more HH than 95% of the Raverbaby stuff IMO) and the Futureshock remix I'll put alongside genuine trancecore/freeform greats of the past 15+ years. I don't really get the whole "selling out to EDM" thing given that it's already happened twice with trance and scouse house, and arguably there's more bite and cheer in some of the EDM noises if used appropriately.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does/says, but he's still a crucial working cog in a machine that desperately needs futureproofing. When he starts being a hardcore DJ, instead of a Clubland/TWR DJ, he's capable of achieving more than anyone else and in a fraction of the time. Ironically, I'll wager negativity is likely a factor in partial non engagement.

CDJay @ Hardcore Slightly-Less-Underground-In-Relativistic-Terms-But-The-Genre-Is-Smaller-So-Role-Shifting-Etc.

i ****ing love make it if we try.. one of the last songs form them that gives me the real feels <3
and the futureshock remix gives me a massive boner.
i wish gammer would just do a whole freeform album; his style is wicked energetic... and he might do it subconsciously; but he sure puts alot o hardcore influence in his freeform tracks imo... more so in anything else we see nowadays
Thumpa Flying out Wednesday afternoon for 2 nights of madness, can't wait!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Flying out Wednesday afternoon for 2 nights of madness, can't wait!

2 nights of not remembering a shit you mean? ;)
MC Deecee Cor what I wouldn't give to be back in maga right now.

It took 2.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page