Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown - Now Is The Time at T In The Park

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
hardcore2004 Calvin Harris was playing Scott Brown - Now Is The Time on the main stage at T In The Park Scotland.

Here is the youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76YrqNEO3qE

Gary
DjZelous ****in awsome
djDMS No, he played Artemesia - Bits & pieces
arpz Amazingly misleading first post! You'll do well here :D
wong Old hard house
Triquatra ever get that feeling you're being trolled?
Captain Triceps As soon as I saw this I thought it would have been Bits & Pieces.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
No, he played Artemesia - Bits & pieces

So this is where Scott Brown got that riff from for Now Is The Time? lol dear god does that man actually produce anything that hasn't been lifted from somewhere? Seems like every single one of his tracks has at least one riff originating from another track.
Bring Me Round To Love That's the magic of Scott Brown he takes the influence from other tunes and makes them even better than the original.
hardcore2004 Sorry I thought Scott Brown made this from scratch and this was just a slowed down version.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
That's the magic of Scott Brown he takes the influence from other tunes and makes them even better than the original.

It became less magical for me when he bitched about people making remixes of his tracks and how they should all go and make something original, yet he made a whole career on not being original and probably has never paid a royalty to any of the producers from the songs he lifted all those riffs from lol
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

So this is where Scott Brown got that riff from for Now Is The Time? lol dear god does that man actually produce anything that hasn't been lifted from somewhere? Seems like every single one of his tracks has at least one riff originating from another track.

Christ! Thats a pretty big statement haha all the greats know how to take influence from music & create a new sound.

Is anything truly original really?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Christ! Thats a pretty big statement haha all the greats know how to take influence from music & create a new sound.

Is anything truly original really?

Tell that to Scott Brown, he's the one who was complaining about people not being original :P

I presume, and hope, that the only reason Scott Brown said that is because he wants people to attribute the originals instead of "his versions", but that's kinda hard to do when he barely adds notes from where he got his said influences from.
GrahamC I remember being absolutely gutted when I realized that the lyrics to Fly With You were just stolen from Gigi D'Agostino.

Just waiting to find out he never did Power of Love - that would be crushing!
Bring Me Round To Love Power Of Love is original, vocals by Gillian Tennant, have the CD single somewhere with the Digital Boy Italian Mix on it aka Scott Brown
Samination
quote:
Power Of Love is original, vocals by Gillian Tennant, have the CD single somewhere with the Digital Boy Italian Mix on it aka Scott Brown

Ehm, I am pretty sure Italian Boy is not Scott Brown. But Scott Brown made a version that resembles his/their remix as the '97 mix
djDMS Scott Brown isn't Digital Boy!
Bring Me Round To Love Your both right, turns out the Scott Brown 98 mix is far better yet again, despite being very close to the Digital Boy Mix
Craigavon raver
quote:
Your both right, turns out the Scott Brown 98 mix is far better yet again, despite being very close to the Digital Boy Mix

But scott brown does the original as he's q-tex!
Bring Me Round To Love ^^I know that, and a few more people involved in the original line up of Q-Tex aswell

The original song was on The No. 1 Hardcore Classic Album CD from 2006 which is a bit odd has it's not a Hardcore track, only the later remixes was.
The Stisk
quote:

The original song was on The No. 1 Hardcore Classic Album CD from 2006 which is a bit odd has it's not a Hardcore track, only the later remixes was.

The original mix was released as part of the album when the album was put out unmixed digitally, on the mixed cd version it was the 2000 mix which is currently unreleased afaik, but it is very similar to the 98 remix which was put out on the back of the 2001 mix on evolution
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The Stisk:
quote:

The original mix was released as part of the album when the album was put out unmixed digitally, on the mixed cd version it was the 2000 mix which is currently unreleased afaik, but it is very similar to the 98 remix which was put out on the back of the 2001 mix on evolution

The '98 mix is on EVO 57 is the 2000 mix.
Hard2Get
quote:
That's the magic of Scott Brown he takes the influence from other tunes and makes them even better than the original.

Yes i think this is the one example where I don't mind, because his versions are always so much better.

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page