Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Cheeze or Dark?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dan Whats your fav style, the dark, evil type sound or the Happy, bouncy, fun sound. IMO it has to be Cheeze all the way.

saintberry i like both, but my fav is vocal cheesy...i like the bouncy stuff more than the breaks for dancing, but i prefer to mix breaky. lol i listen to it all :P

atomicb Both, I like to try and get a bit of both into my sets.

My friends are really useful for this - one of them loves cheese and doesn't like dark, and one likes dark/hard and doesn't like cheese.

When they both come over I have to work extra hard to please both of tem, swinging to cheese and then back to hard and so on.. Personally I think this is the bst kind of set (duh, cox thats why I try and do them :P) ... ahh I dunno I've just always been one for balance. A whole set of cheese or a whole set of dark puts me off.. but thats just me!

djtommyrenegade HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and more HAPPY

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
Simon I personally love a bit of both in a set .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
fazza its gotta be proper cheese at the beginning, gettin harder and harder as the set goes on! like demand did last saturday. he started off with heart of gold and ended with ghosts by scott brown! it was wkd

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
atomicb yeah thats the kinda thing I go for, except I have to cut the tail ends off (very cheesy, very hard) for the non hardcore listneners when I do my hardcore set at my large gathering this summer.

junglist_angel depends on the mood really... I like both!

Sometimes I feel like hard music

Other times, I like the happy stuff

But yeah, recently, most of the time it's been happy

Xenochrome I prefer a mix of the two.

strychnine I like my cheese with a bit of an edge, and my dark stuff just a little uplifting (most of the time). Of course, sometimes I'll be in the mood for pure cheese or unadulteratedly mind-f***y acidy stuff but generally I like a combination.

weba_d I love my cheeze, plus the harder stuff, good example, Sys and hixxys mix on Bonkers rezurection good combinations of both.

Although hixxys isnt really dark, it hardens up pretty nice

Raver_Davie I prefer cheese a little over dark but I do like the dark stuff! Bass D & King Matthew - Partyfreaks, What a tune!

Dave!
saintberry
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
when it gets too dark and moody it gets boring..

word

toxic I like both, only, not to cheesy and not to dark

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
DJ-SK8 I prefer the hard, but not nesaseraly dark stuff. i like the crazy stuff, caus it's just fun, and choked full of samples. thats y i'm realy starting to like oldskool rotterdamn alot more these days, it's nice and fast, and most of the time isn't boring!!Problem is thoe, most of it is hard to find these days

Elboze to tha back ov da knees OH Jeeze!!!!!

WoRd?!!
MC LB it was cheese that got me in to the scene and cheese i will stick with :) althou the darker sounds are growing on me a bit ;)

Cheers,
Rob
============
www.choons.net
flyingtoad Nothin but cheese, I ain't likin the dark stuff at all for some reason

"Were Flyin High
Were Flying Right up to the sky"
atomicb 'when it gets too dark and moody it gets boring..'

Yep, I'd agree, but each to thier own I guess :)

tommo I like both really but I don't like really cheesy songs or really scary hard/dark
songs.A balance both does me.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
Tricky AB I like a mix of both...but I still love the cheeze stuff...I don't like it when it gets to dark...

Stevie c I like both but am a follower of the Light, a disciple of the Piano Rush and an elfish angel of Happiness!!

Your into the sound of Rebellion
Dj Dess Darkness forever I like it when the song sends shivers down my spine >:) also I like stuff that isn't so much as dark as it is hard i fell outta cheese, The cheese inside me when rotton >:D and now its all dark :-P

"THEY'RE.....THEY'RE...COM....THEY'RE...COMI....THEY'RE...COMING!!!!!!"
Weird Fish Always the cheezee stuff, with the piano and uplifting sounds that kinda grabs-the-tip-of-your-hairs-and-pulls-you-to-the-sky kinda sounds.
But I also like (not always) the dark stuff, but more the hard stuff and sometimes the distorted bass and sounds. Some shivers through the spine here and there is always good too.
But it always depends on the state of mind/ mood

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!
djDMS I tend to vary quite a lot to stop me from getting bored - especially during a long set. There's a lot of fun to be had in dropping something really dark and hard when people are least expecting it. Also depends on whether i'm playing to a crowd or for myself. If a sets going well who knows what might happen!

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small
tommo I love it when Djs start off playing happy bouncy stuff and then gradually darker as the set goes on.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page