Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Mc enemy quitting hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
skarr Just seen on his Facebook he's quitting hardcore, my guess is its just another Sharkey/Thumpa type shenanigan making a massive statement about leaving then making a comeback 5 minutes later, maybe not though, he says he's gonna explain the reasons after his last gig on September 2nd, look forward to hearing them.
latininxtc for those who don't feel like looking

quote:
For my friends and fans in the scene on the 2nd of september i will be performing my last hardcore set for the foreseeable future with mob b2b dougal at the event mood swings!

I havnt took this lightly at all as certain consistant situations really have hit the nail in the head for me with my mcing career!
I feel the way things are done and how i am being managed, and where its all going there isnt really a place for me anymore in hardcore! to do or achieve what i wanted to achieve!

I could sit and be pushed back,held back and take shit and more just to do any sets! But that is not why i became an mc.

And mc static has also made the same decision as me to walk away but right after htid he stepped away, while i needed some more time to think.

I feel i have left a good history tho, i have done things nobody has done and changed the way mcs do mixes, albums and a lot of things on top. I have written tracks that will go down as classics from everywhere i turn to the newest release with iron heart! and i have been all over the world on tours and been a part of the best labels in the core and with over 15 mix tapes and 4 albums i have nothing to be ashamed of.

I have an official announcement explaining in a lot more detail on what has forced me (and static to an extent) to make this decision and why ect but it would be nice to see as many people as possible on the 2nd sept in bournemouth so i am putting this up now so its enough time for people to make plans and see me off!

This isnt a random i quit status then il be back in a week or 2 before any donuts try to turn this into a joke! This is far from a spontanious decision! This has been hard for me to do and this is 100% happening for reasons i will make clear BUT anyone who knows why can you please refrain from putting it in the comments sections for obvious reasons.

For the people who know me by now you know the shit ive sat and took and you would of seen i havnt been right recently but i hope to see some of you on the 2nd for one last set!

Again i will put up a monster post once i have done it all!.

But this is also why you havnt heard or seen static either recently.

Im never gna be forever away from this scene and will still put out music from time to time as i am not letting people or control get in the way of my love for hardcore!

Anyway more will be clear when i post the main statement :).
djDMS Why does everything have to be surrounded by drama?

If you have something to say, just say it!
latininxtc Wasn't he last being managed by Ravers Reunited, which is run by that loudmouth bloated douche of a cunt Keyes?
The drunken scotsman I've always thought he was a decent enough guy and definitely one of the better MC's in hardcore. If I still went to any raves I'd be sad to see him go.
Bring Me Round To Love Who?
djDMS I really hope this forthcoming statement will highlight all the shit that's holding the scene back.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I really hope this forthcoming statement will highlight all the shit that's holding the scene back.

And name names and gives actual details. I'm tired of people hiding behind their veiled comments that end up amounting to absolutely no change.
Claxton I wasn't a big fan of Enemy a few years ago but over these last few years he's really grown on me, especially as a person.

He's clearly been pushing in the right direction and working with the right people and every time I've spoke to him he's been really sound.

I think we all know the kind of things he's going to say in his statement.
arpz
quote:
I really hope this forthcoming statement will highlight all the shit that's holding the scene back.

Shame we need to lose people for that to become clear. How many more must we lose before things start to change?
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Shame we need to lose people for that to become clear. How many more must we lose before things start to change?

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:

Let's start at the top of the "food chain" and work our way down! It starts with MC Storm and has to work its way down.
Captain Triceps This whole thing is certainly very intriguing.
arpz I reckon by the time the statement comes out it'll have all died down and we'll hear a very watered down version of what he wants to say.
Cyrax I want to read it because I do like a bit scandal/gossip, but at the same time really don't give a s**t
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I want to read it because I do like a bit scandal/gossip, but at the same time really don't give a s**t

My thoughts exactly.

Well, very similar to my thoughts - just a lot more camp.
MC Deecee Enemy is one of the very best in my eyes, huge shame to see him go, as I believe he is at the top of his game at the moment, and also right up there in the whole MC hierarchy, for want of a better word, I for one really hope that his foreseeable future isn't too long and he comes back soon.
Bring Me Round To Love Maybe its about the old boys network.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
Maybe its about the old boys network.

Who the F are you anyways? you've never said much other than negative stuff. Wilky?
Bring Me Round To Love
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
Maybe its about the old boys network.

Who the F are you anyways? you've never said much other than negative stuff. Wilky?

Remove your Fjallraven backpack and calm down young man!

trippnface lol; man does anybody really care when an MC quits hardcore ?
less the better imo

* saw sc@r for the first time recently ( <3 . <3 ) and some dude almost attempted to rap over the set; I most definitely gave him the nastiest ****ing look; and he definitely stopped. thank god.
Bring Me Round To Love
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
lol; man does anybody really care when an MC quits hardcore ?
less the better imo

Looking forward to the news when MC Storm quits.
Vladel I've pretty much avoided anything with MCs since about 2004 although Obie & the other one on live at rehab were not too bad.
youngson Happy 1000th post vladel.

I like Enemy, shame he's hanging the mic up.
gazzyj Something stems from when static and enemy went bak2bak with dj sy at this years htid in the sun, one minute they were working on a new album together and after htid in the sun they say the album won't happen and static dropped off the planet, first time one of the current hardcore top tier mcs has worked with sy aswell, I know Marley has done a few sets with sy but he isn't involved in the up front hardcore sound anymore so he won't get no hassle.
MC Deecee I'm not sure exactly what went on but there was definitely some kind of incident in magaluf, on the penultimate night I think, I wouldn't like to speculate because there's nothing more annoying than the rumour mill but something certainly happened, nothing to do with the big S Y though, he'd gone by then.
Elipton
quote:
I most definitely gave him the nastiest ****ing look; and he definitely stopped. thank god.

Can bet that he got a nice long leer off Sc@r herself
ArdcorePower Things progress and I totally understand and get that but there isn't a whole lot of emcees I like these days. I used to write lyrics myself and I did it for fun, and I had no aspirations to try to make it a job (looool) maybe a couple emcees make a few bucks but the rest don't... so, anyone who says these guys are doing it just to get paid is laughable these guys get paid nothing and of course you are doing it for the love, but one has to live too.

Anyhow, Hardcore emceeing has changed big time! Hardcore emcees now sending for each other (dissing), sounding like Dnb emcees, Hardcore is suppose to be the opposite of all that negative shit and it's not about the "emcee" it's about the music,the ravers, the atmosphere, the one of a kind vibe. I heard a great interview with Sharkey not too long ago and I gotta say I agree with him on lots of points he makes. Emcees seem to think they are the show but they are not and never suppose to be that in the first place... some of these guys have huge heads, if you want to be a battle emcee... go spit on Grime or Jump Up and try that shit over there.

I'm not very familiar with this MC, I have seen his name around but I don't recall hearing him before. I don't know who he is personally, so I have nothing to say in regards to him. I'll have to check his stuff out.

Yes, I have been living under a rock ;)
skarr
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
I'm not sure exactly what went on but there was definitely some kind of incident in magaluf, on the penultimate night I think, I wouldn't like to speculate because there's nothing more annoying than the rumour mill but something certainly happened, nothing to do with the big S Y though, he'd gone by then.

What's have you heard the incident was about? No point brining it up ifor your not going to say.
MC Deecee I haven't heard any details, all i know is that something happened, no idea what, just that something did.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I've pretty much avoided anything with MCs since about 2004 although Obie & the other one on live at rehab were not too bad.

silly iPhone, I didn't mean to quote myself
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:
Happy 1000th post vladel.

Don't even notice I had hit the 1k, I should have put something really bitchy!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:
Happy 1000th post vladel.

Don't even notice I had hit the 1k, I should have put something really bitchy!

Edit it, go and call someone a cunt, then tell them to fuck right off.
djDMS I thought you were being funny making the 1000th post different to the preceding 999...
Mickey Init Any news on this, I don't use Facebook.
Claxton I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like we are getting a statement.
djDMS Still has Core blimey to do tonight doesn't he?

Saw something about hin going to Dubai earlier as well
arpz he said he's still going to take international bookings...looks like the drama is gradually being sucked out of this lol
djDMS Knew it would be an appalling anti-climax
wong somethin n nothin
Samination so, this thread is more noted for making Vladel reach 1000 posts than Enemy actualyl leaving the Scene? :P
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
so, this thread is more noted for making Vladel reach 1000 posts than Enemy actualyl leaving the Scene? :P

Maybe Vladel should make a statement. This thread needs some kind of statement before it can be put to bed.
Sc@r
quote:
lol; man does anybody really care when an MC quits hardcore ?
less the better imo

* saw sc@r for the first time recently ( <3 . <3 ) and some dude almost attempted to rap over the set; I most definitely gave him the nastiest ****ing look; and he definitely stopped. thank god.

lol who was that? lol
Sc@r
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
I most definitely gave him the nastiest ****ing look; and he definitely stopped. thank god.

Can bet that he got a nice long leer off Sc@r herself

arpz He says:

MC Enemy We left coz we wasn't getting what we deserved bro for what we put in that's the basic answer bro :)

and that he'll put a further thing up tomorrow
djDMS Cheers for the update bro
arpz
quote:
Cheers for the update bro

You can always rely on me to keep my finger on the pulse of the buzzing hardcore facebook scene
wong whats that today he said that bro?
arpz yes bro
Elipton Either he feels like he doesn't earn enough, or he doesn't feel appreciated enough, or his music's not heard enough.

Simple answer is that there's very little industry in the genre, and not many people willing to splash, and it's compounded by the fact that the UK base of fans has become diluted and there's probably more following overseas now.

At least that was my observation when I stopped producing products
CDJay Another way of looking at it would be that he sold out an album in record time, shot a blu-ray, and was widely acclaimed as the best in genre even amongst peers.... Yet the established order continues without incident. *We're* used to it; not everyone embraces victimhood.... Given a reasonable out why play second fiddle for life?

CDJay

CDJay Frankly its the umpteenth time talent slips away because we lack the stature and current resources to stop it happening. Luckily our genre heroes have a master plan to create Utopia. Ahem.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Frankly its the umpteenth time talent slips away because we lack the stature and current resources to stop it happening. Luckily our genre heroes have a master plan to create Utopia. Ahem.

CDJay

It's talent we should be glad to see go. Not that he wasn't good at what he does, he was ok, but moreso the lessMCs we have in the industry the better.
latininxtc
quote:
He says:

MC Enemy We left coz we wasn't getting what we deserved bro for what we put in that's the basic answer bro :)

LOL these MCs are so full of themselves, thinking they deserve more than what they alreay shouldn't have. Enemy doesn't seemed to have changed much from the drama queen he's been the past few years.

He threw a fit about his bookings a couple of years ago and he either said he would only do ravers reunited events or they'll be the ones handling his bookings. Right now he's pissed off he might be denied the ability to travel because his passport looks like hell. He doesn't seem to think anything is wrong with it, but it has spills on it. And the dumbass decided to post a pic on FB of it with all his passport info in plain view lol
arpz

Containing things about 'taking a break' so I don't suppose he'll be gone gone, it seems like maybe he was a bit quick to make the original post and is backtracking a bit (first international bookings, now 'taking a break'). Fair enough though, be good if he does stay :)
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
He says:

LOL these MCs are so full of themselves, thinking they deserve more than what they alreay shouldn't have. Enemy doesn't seemed to have changed much from the drama queen he's been the past few years.

He threw a fit about his bookings a couple of years ago and he either said he would only do ravers reunited events or they'll be the ones handling his bookings. Right now he's pissed off he might be denied the ability to travel because his passport looks like hell. He doesn't seem to think anything is wrong with it, but it has spills on it. And the dumbass decided to post a pic on FB of it with all his passport info in plain view lol

I think your being a bit harsh there man. MCs have been in the hardcore scene since the beginning and as such deserve a little respect.

Enemy is a great MC and a nice guy, he's always had the time for his fans and it's sad to see him go. I hope he doesn't leave for good and keeps it as a passion rather then as a career path.
ArdcorePower
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
He says:

I don't know this guys particular situation but I agree with you that lots of these guys have huge heads, but to be fair it's not just MC's or DJ's, it seems that way everywhere.

It sucks when you meet someone and really love their music and they are the biggest a**holes. I have had that happened a few times lol it sucks but I guess that's how things go.
arpz So there we go, as we all predicted :)

MC Enemy
25 mins ?

So thats me through then! No problems just waiting to get my gate then i am off!

Thanks to everyone who made the last, last and LAST ;) sets special was great to see how much support ive built up over the years!

A lot of people are asking me to spill the beans on why exactly i am leaving or what artists it is that help force me and stats to leave BUT i dont want to leave on a negative note and theres a lot of new hype and excitement in uk hardcore right now and i dont want to put any shadow over it all with why me and static have walked away it wouldnt make sense.

I am still taking international bookings tho as i have no issues with anyone outside of the uk! so again all bookings international still goes through April Reeves

I will also be still writing songs! ive been a song writer since before i was an mc so i wont be taking a break from that so expect some new vocal bits from me and other vocalists over the next year for sure! Got the new iron heart in the works anyway ;).

Il defo be back again one day after ive secured my future and sorted my head out,freshened up and get the love back i had before all this!

If you want to know more tho on my reasons then check out my radio interview on jekyl and leggets radio show that will explain a fraction of it!

Anyway i am coming off facebook to really have a break while im over there BUT ill keep my messenger on so still can be contacted ect!

Big up all the real artists and promoters tho you know who you are! look after this scene that i have been a massive part of keeping alive! and most importantly enjoy the ride.

Love you all (well defo not all maybe a few ;)) and ill see you again! PEACE.
latininxtc Oh of course, he gave us nothing.
Captain Triceps Maybe one of the Sherlocks on here can figure out what he means?
Samination "Brit's can go eff themselves. Japan plz book me!"
ArdcorePower Domo,Arigato! Enemy San!

It took 3.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page