Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 This forum has lost the plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Claxton I've defended the people on this forum for a long, long time.

"We should respect the people on the forum because they love the music more than anyone else..." etc etc.

I've also met some amazing friends because of the forum.

But 90% of what I read on here these days is complete bollocks: utter misinformed drivel. It's impossible to have a meaningful discussion without it being derailed by some plum.

RIP the forum.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I've defended the people on this forum for a long, long time.

"We should respect the people on the forum because they love the music more than anyone else..." etc etc.

But 90% of what I read on here these days is complete bollocks: utter misinformed drivel. It's impossible to have a meaningful discussion without it being derailed by some plum.

RIP the forum.

There's just not enough going on to talk about, especially if you're not even in the UK to attend Hardcore events on a regular basis.
arpz I don't think there's enough people posting to be honest so when someone does it usually means its the view of at least 10% of the active members. I do feel like you're more likely to be able to have a conversation about something negative here, though. You can't really do that on facebook, it's just morons saying how much they love X DJ/MC.

It's possible that it's overly negative... :D
Cyrax Oh, look at Claxton, sitting on his cloud of judgement, handing down life lessons to all the sinners.
warped_candykid
quote:

RIP the forum.

You should have been here 2005-2010! This was the place to be!
DjZelous well, at least guest doesnt post too much anymore
Jaybee
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:

RIP the forum.

Forever kicking myself for not being a member back then. I was mostly on the Socal Ravelinks forum...
I've had a lot of fun going back on this forum and finding old events, and reading about peoples past party experiences.
I learned that Japan even had booked the DJs before. I wish more of those threads had experiences on them!
Claxton
quote:
quote:

RIP the forum.

I was on USH....
Elliott Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have a place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

And another thing: why is it that EDMcore isn't inspiring people to sign up and discuss it on here? Why hasn't it evoked the passion required to create online communities centered around it? Last I heard, Gammer had gone back to calling it happy hardcore. Happyhardcore.com seem like the perfect place to go and discuss it, no? But nobody cares enough about this new bollocks to get involved.
Jaybee
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

RIP the forum.

I was on USH....

The 'real' place to be.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

If you've paid careful attention to discussions on his Facebook page over the last few years, you'll also find him chatting shit about '00s hardcore. He pretty much said his old music was shit. If that isn't spitting in the face of your fans, I don't know what is. And then he has the temerity to go and release not one but two albums full of that "shit" and charge good money for them. I stand by what I said in the infamous "Dear Gammer" drama. Except that these days, I think he's a dick as well.
Jaybee I actually just started following a bunch of them on social media in the last week or so. Gammers twitter feed has me rolling sometimes, but I saw the conversations someone posted on facebook. I see that he loves to come perform in the states.... don't forget who made that possible for you!!!! ngl, my little kandy kid heart wishes I never saw him talking about us like that.... he was an icon to me, lol. I didn't realize he was closer to my age, so that explains his attitude I guess ??????

I'm very behind on things (Kinda left the 'scene' in 09) so sorry you all have to play catch-up with me!

edit: Yes, he does call it Happy Hardcore now, and he said he can "appropriate it all he wants" and "no one owns it" (insert kayne drop here)
Elliott
quote:
I actually just started following a bunch of them on social media in the last week or so. Gammers twitter feed has me rolling sometimes, but I saw the conversations someone posted on facebook. I see that he loves to come perform in the states.... don't forget who made that possible for you!!!! ngl, my little kandy kid heart wishes I never saw him talking about us like that.... he was an icon to me, lol. I didn't realize he was closer to my age, so that explains his attitude I guess ??????

I'm very behind on things (Kinda left the 'scene' in 09) so sorry you all have to play catch-up with me!

edit: Yes, he does call it Happy Hardcore now, and he said he can "appropriate it all he wants" and "no one owns it" (insert kayne drop here)

Haha. Well, most of my post is self-explanatory, I hope. But "Dear Gammer" was a comment I made on Pigface on his soundcloud that led to Gammer releasing the producer's equivalent of a diss track against me. And then I got death threats from Gammer stans. I still consider it all just banter though. I harbour absolutely no resentment towards Gammer over this. It was a funny day for me. I hate him because of his music and his personality; not because he made a funny response to a negative comment.

Here are the original pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/McTvf
Jaybee
quote:
quote:
I actually just started following a bunch of them on social media in the last week or so. Gammers twitter feed has me rolling sometimes, but I saw the conversations someone posted on facebook. I see that he loves to come perform in the states.... don't forget who made that possible for you!!!! ngl, my little kandy kid heart wishes I never saw him talking about us like that.... he was an icon to me, lol. I didn't realize he was closer to my age, so that explains his attitude I guess ??????

Haha. Well, most of my post is self-explanatory, I hope. But "Dear Gammer" was a comment I made on Pigface on his soundcloud that led to Gammer releasing the producer's equivalent of a diss track against me. And then I got death threats from Gammer stans. I still consider it all just banter though. I harbour absolutely no resentment towards Gammer over this. It was a funny day for me. I hate him because of his music and his personality; not because he made a funny response to a negative comment.

Here are the original pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/McTvf

LOL, he's always screen shotting the crap people say about him so he can sick his fans on them.
I'm playing Pigface now.... I don't like the name, and I don't like this sound. I don't think its one that is going to grow on me.

latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.
latininxtc So what all led to this bitchy post of yours Ben? Haven't been here in days and since I'm still without a laptop I have to use my phone to post on here, and hate doing so.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
So what all led to this bitchy post of yours Ben? Haven't been here in days and since I'm still without a laptop I have to use my phone to post on here, and hate doing so.

At least 50% of it is my fault.

I started posting again.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
So what all led to this bitchy post of yours Ben? Haven't been here in days and since I'm still without a laptop I have to use my phone to post on here, and hate doing so.

I started posting again.

Didn't realize you were even gone to begin with.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

I started posting again.

You're too old to be using gifs, mate. Most of us grew out of that when we were 16.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I started posting again.

You're too old to be using gifs, mate. Most of us grew out of that when we were 16.

If you're never to old to go to a rave, then you're never too old to use gifs. The only thing you're ever too old for is shagging 16yr olds. Just ask Sy!
Bring Me Round To Love We never really had many Candy Kids here, just Birkenheaders in Lacoste tracksuits doing the uphill skiing dance to Scott Browns Neckbreaker.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
We never really had many Candy Kids here, just Birkenheaders in Lacoste tracksuits doing the uphill skiing dance to Scott Browns Neckbreaker.

Well, it is a tune, to be fair.
djDMS Interesting.....
Vladel
quote:

RIP the forum.

Well whatever anyone else may or may not be on this forum, that post makes you sound like a whiny, jumped up attention seeking ass who thinks he's better than the rest of us.
Jaybee
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.
I'm a kandy kid who's guilty of layering it on up to my shoulders, but I'll never understand the hype behind the huge 3d cuffs.
arpz US type kandi grates on me to be honest, I got given my first thing the other week at HAS but the dude wasn't like sucking a dummy or anything. It's just a bit much I think... like I have read some proper ridiculous shit about people handing over kandi with some kind of special handshake and then someone giving someone else a lightshow and it being like sooooo cool. Like ****s sake, you're all getting wrecked in a room, have a dance. wtf is a 3d cuff? lol
Jaybee
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
US type kandi grates on me to be honest, I got given my first thing the other week at HAS but the dude wasn't like sucking a dummy or anything. It's just a bit much I think... like I have read some proper ridiculous shit about people handing over kandi with some kind of special handshake and then someone giving someone else a lightshow and it being like sooooo cool. Like ****s sake, you're all getting wrecked in a room, have a dance. wtf is a 3d cuff? lol

I tried to give someone a piece during the Scott Brown set this last weekend, and she started to do a handshake (like, peace, a heart.. wtf, i've seen it online but never in person) and I didn't and then I went to do it and I think it just confused the both of us. The way I always did it was you would just essentially hold hands, and transfer it from your arm to theirs. A hug or something after if you want.

3D cuffs are ridiculous. Just search like 3d kandy cuff on google images. I don't know how people deal with that all night.

I have been known to do some pretty ridiculous stuff myself, though. I remember going to a few parties in a pair of fuzzies that could easily of fit like 2-3 more ravers in one pant leg alone.
trippnface the forum is on point; the scene lost the plot.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
US type kandi grates on me to be honest, I got given my first thing the other week at HAS but the dude wasn't like sucking a dummy or anything. It's just a bit much I think... like I have read some proper ridiculous shit about people handing over kandi with some kind of special handshake and then someone giving someone else a lightshow and it being like sooooo cool. Like ****s sake, you're all getting wrecked in a room, have a dance. wtf is a 3d cuff? lol

I tried to give someone a piece during the Scott Brown set this last weekend, and she started to do a handshake (like, peace, a heart.. wtf, i've seen it online but never in person) and I didn't and then I went to do it and I think it just confused the both of us. The way I always did it was you would just essentially hold hands, and transfer it from your arm to theirs. A hug or something after if you want.

3D cuffs are ridiculous. Just search like 3d kandy cuff on google images. I don't know how people deal with that all night.

I have been known to do some pretty ridiculous stuff myself, though. I remember going to a few parties in a pair of fuzzies that could easily of fit like 2-3 more ravers in one pant leg alone.

lol; yea; that was the typical plur trade since i have been in the scene; i guess the older method is the easier one you mentioned haha. 3ds def got big for awhile; everyone was decked out; but **** that. so sweaty; i lost shit constantly; flies off when dancing; harder to dance; just **** it.

now i just freehand with my flowtoys old school style; super proud ! :D
Jaybee
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

lol; yea; that was the typical plur trade since i have been in the scene; i guess the older method is the easier one you mentioned haha. 3ds def got big for awhile; everyone was decked out; but **** that. so sweaty; i lost shit constantly; flies off when dancing; harder to dance; just **** it.

My bf didn't wear any kandy out this last weekend, and he said it was a lot easier to dance. Even without the phat pants.
I can see myself wearing less kandy (maybe even no kandy, I only had like 7 or 8 total over the weekend) but I can't give up the pants........
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.
I'm a kandy kid who's guilty of layering it on up to my shoulders, but I'll never understand the hype behind the huge 3d cuffs.

You should be swapping drugs not bracelets!

arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You should be swapping drugs not bracelets!

Cyrax knows. real talk :D
Jaybee Lollllll maybe when I was younger ;)
Bring Me Round To Love You kids taking drugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2nq8DzYToE
Mickey Init So does anyone know what happened to MC Massive or...?
arpz Love that we're all so oblivious to the fact that the thread has been derailed as per Claxton's predictions :D
Jaybee
quote:
Love that we're all so oblivious to the fact that the thread has been derailed as per Claxton's predictions :D

Honestly, as a new member, I feel awkward posting in any threads that are not currently active because many seem to have been dormant for awhile and I've been on forums where you get yelled at for bumping old things. So apologies! I'm a little excited lately.
Mickey Init
quote:
quote:
Love that we're all so oblivious to the fact that the thread has been derailed as per Claxton's predictions :D

Honestly, as a new member, I feel awkward posting in any threads that are not currently active because many seem to have been dormant for awhile and I've been on forums where you get yelled at for bumping old things. So apologies! I'm a little excited lately.

I know. I hate it when you have an honest question (about hardcore) but it doesn't warrant a brand new thread so you have to weave it in to something irrelevant and hope someone spots it.
djDMS I had a cheese scone earlier
arpz I can't speak for everyone but besides some people laughing about a necro'd thread, I can't see anyone getting upset about it. I visit quite a lot throughout the day and love seeing 'New topics since last visit (something >0)'. Necro away! And if it turns out you need a new thread, all the better.

Just don't start a thread about the latest kandi trends :D
Smoogie This forum is as dead as a door knocker these days
djDMS
quote:

Feel free to bump whatever you want. You're new, it's fine

trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My bf didn't wear any kandy out this last weekend, and he said it was a lot easier to dance. Even without the phat pants.
I can see myself wearing less kandy (maybe even no kandy, I only had like 7 or 8 total over the weekend) but I can't give up the pants........

hell no we are not giving up the pants. i rep my JNCO or kikwear every party; venue or dirt; rain or shine >:)
Jaybee I got too fat to fit in my kikgirls so they just sit in my closet. I still have all my custom pants though.
Cyrax This thread has completely derailed, much like Claxton's DJ career!
djDMS I've spent hours fighting the urge to write that!

Be careful, he could have a word with the top boys and end your career in a second......

If you had one.
Cyrax I hate to go for the obvious joke but I couldn't help myself
djDMS As did I! ;-)
Claxton Best discussion ever!
Jaybee
quote:
Best discussion ever!

Glad I could contribute
latininxtc
quote:
This thread has completely derailed, much like Claxton's DJ career!

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They're quite possibly some of the stupidest human beings I've ever had the displeasure of talking to, or try to talk to. They have little depth in character and many of them just seem immature and oblivious to the things going on around them.

Yes I like to talk about the scene but I also enjoy having conversations about other subjects as well like current events. This is why I've enjoyed talking with the HTID ITS ravers when I went 4 years ago the people I met seemed so damn normal I almost didn't believe they really existed. Give me British ravers orver US ravers any day!
arpz dude seriously, **** off with the gifs. I'm assuming this behaviour earns you some kind of applause, somewhere, but honestly it's just ****ing annoying. Why couldn't you just have written 'burn' instead?
latininxtc
quote:
dude seriously, **** off with the gifs. I'm assuming this behaviour earns you some kind of applause, somewhere, but honestly it's just ****ing annoying. Why couldn't you just have written 'burn' instead?

Sometimes words just aren't enough!

Plus I spend some time on another blog (not music related) and those that frequent the blog have picked up the habit of almost always responding with a gif because the blogger does it all the time, so sometimes I bring that on here.

Cyrax "**** off with the GIFS"

*responds with GIF*

lol
Smoogie I like using gifs as well. On one forum I was voted as 'GIF Queen'

latininxtc
quote:
"**** off with the GIFS"

*responds with GIF*

lol

I mean come on, he was just asking for it lol
Future_Shock
quote:

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have a place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

And another thing: why is it that EDMcore isn't inspiring people to sign up and discuss it on here? Why hasn't it evoked the passion required to create online communities centered around it? Last I heard, Gammer had gone back to calling it happy hardcore. Happyhardcore.com seem like the perfect place to go and discuss it, no? But nobody cares enough about this new bollocks to get involved.

Nobody gives a shit about forums any more. We should just create a happy hardcore subreddit (as reddit still gets **** loads of traffic) and be done with it.

In regards to the rest of the thread - when did you all get so old? You all sound like jaded old men.
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:

RIP the forum.

Wasn't it just?
arpz
quote:
quote:
dude seriously, **** off with the gifs. I'm assuming this behaviour earns you some kind of applause, somewhere, but honestly it's just ****ing annoying. Why couldn't you just have written 'burn' instead?

Sometimes words just aren't enough!

Plus I spend some time on another blog (not music related) and those that frequent the blog have picked up the habit of almost always responding with a gif because the blogger does it all the time, so sometimes I bring that on here.

Does the blogger post on here? No, so **** off with it. It's just irritating, what's funny about mariah carey saying sorry? It doesn't add anything at all, just makes it a little bit more shit than it already is. If it was on the odd occasion when something was actually relevant/funny then it'd be alright, you do understand this don't you? I don't think anyone is going to give you a cute nickname because of it
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:

Nobody gives a shit about forums any more. We should just create a happy hardcore subreddit (as reddit still gets **** loads of traffic) and be done with it.

In regards to the rest of the thread - when did you all get so old? You all sound like jaded old men.

you what mate? those subreddits that already exists are as active was when Smoogie posted video's constantly.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

you what mate? those subreddits that already exists are as active was when Smoogie posted video's constantly.

You inb4'd me.

I was just gonna say: we already have one and it's dead.

I occasionally check that Subreddit but it offers even less of a community than this place. It's basically pointless. And don't even get me started on how shitty it is that Reddit has replaced the traditional foum model.

Hardcore discussion online is basically:
Soundcloud = suck off the producers directly
Facebook = here be drama
HH.com = jaded ex-ravers complaining about things in coherent sentences
And then we used to have USH, which was basically a 2016 HH.com on roids.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

Funny, I just posted a new video like two minutes ago...
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They're quite possibly some of the stupidest human beings I've ever had the displeasure of talking to, or try to talk to. They have little depth in character and many of them just seem immature and oblivious to the things going on around them.

Yes I like to talk about the scene but I also enjoy having conversations about other subjects as well like current events. This is why I've enjoyed talking with the HTID ITS ravers when I went 4 years ago the people I met seemed so damn normal I almost didn't believe they really existed. Give me British ravers orver US ravers any day!

i think the problem is you need to start talking to kandi kids over the age of 17?
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i think the problem is you need to start talking to kandi kids over the age of 17?

I have. Hence my criticism.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How odd... every kandi kid i know ( actually; ever raver) was supporting Sanders... Which was obviously; far and away; the clearest sign of sanity & intelligence. I recall you voted for someone else though...

So remember; what you think is " intelligent" is ENTIRELY subjective ;)
Hard2Get Nah it was the place to be in 2002-2005.
silver The issues is that young people don't even know how to type a URL in, unless it's an app on their phone it doesn't exist.... yes I could make an app, but what would it do besides stream the radio perhaps?

Alternatively, I could make a select bunch of you mods and you could do what you could make the forums what you think it should be.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Alternatively, I could make a select bunch of you mods and you could do what you could make the forums what you think it should be.

This would have to be done very carefully to avoid privileging any particular faction. HH.com is the last bastion of real hardcore discussion amongst literate fans. It should never be allowed to turn into a circlejerk in either direction.

We could obviously split the forum up slightly by having sub-sections for happy hardcore, UK hardcore and modern hardcore. But this idea is based on the premise that there are people out there who would like to sign up but are put off by the lack of discussion or amount of criticism pertaining to their chosen style. This premise may or may not hold true. My idea is only of legitimate use if we have the ability to attract new members.

If I had a "UK hardcore" section, I would use it in a collective project to track down new tracks in the UK hardcore style and discuss them as well as all the '00s hardcore that already exists, of course. I might make a thread like this anyway actually. :)
Smoogie
quote:
The issues is that young people don't even know how to type a URL in, unless it's an app on their phone it doesn't exist.... yes I could make an app, but what would it do besides stream the radio perhaps?

I myself am not a big fan of apps. It is a good idea but you will never find them on my phone as I don't se them. I am getting old fashioned now and I am very PC orientated. On some gaming forums I knock around on there is talk that 'PC games are going out' while 'app games are coming in' and this leads to a divide between Old Skool gamers and the newer crowd.

Personally I would find it a very sad day if forums really did hit the dust and everything was only app centred.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
The issues is that young people don't even know how to type a URL in, unless it's an app on their phone it doesn't exist.... yes I could make an app, but what would it do besides stream the radio perhaps?

I myself am not a big fan of apps. It is a good idea but you will never find them on my phone as I don't se them. I am getting old fashioned now and I am very PC orientated. On some gaming forums I knock around on there is talk that 'PC games are going out' while 'app games are coming in' and this leads to a divide between Old Skool gamers and the newer crowd.

Personally I would find it a very sad day if forums really did hit the dust and everything was only app centred.

I completely agree. Why does everything have to be a ****ing app these days? Unfortunately, your vision of the future is only a matter of time. But it won't be apps that replace forums; it will be Reddit-like centralised content aggregators (which, in my opinion, is just as bad or worse).

The internet has thoroughly regressed this decade. Now everything's all about streamlining the process of collecting as much data about you as possible for the corporations, the government and **** knows who else. It's all ****ed: 20 trackers on every page, forums being replaced by shitty Subreddits, everything becoming centralised around the same dozen or so companies, useless phone apps to access a single site while handily letting the site owners know your exact location at all times, Facebook replacing every distributed means of communication like IRC and the old IM model where you actually had freedom and choices, social media breeding a generation of lazy narcissists.

I've been on the internet since I was about 3. I've watched it evolve from the days when you could still print a list of every registered domain name on one ream of paper. And then I started watching it degenerate again. I could write an essay about it (I won't :P) but suffice it to say that, much like hardcore, the internet peaked in the mid '00s.

EDIT: I obviously don't believe that HH.com will ever head in that direction. I love this site partly because it's a bastion of the internet I know and love: old school forums dedicated to a single subject and controlled by singular, accountable individuals (and when I say "old school", I mean old school; the forum software on here is a relic -- who built a forum on ASP anyway ffs?).
Samination IF anything, I think the site should have a css style for mobile users. As long as everything important has a ID or a CLASS tag asigned to them :P
arpz I don't really think there's much point in creating further sections - there's not enough traffic as it is.

I fully agree about the app shite. I too like forums, it really seems like most of the hardcore 'discussion' is done on facebook these days, I know the posts stay there but realistically anything that gets said is gone within a couple of days - it'd be so hard to find again anyway.

I doubt there's really a solution for here, probably just have to keep doing what we do
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How odd... every kandi kid i know ( actually; ever raver) was supporting Sanders... Which was obviously; far and away; the clearest sign of sanity & intelligence. I recall you voted for someone else though...

Voting for someone just because you like what you hear does not mean you're making the better decision. Just look at the deplorables that are the Trump supporters. They know he has absolutely no governmental experience and no solid plans how he's going to make anything he has promised happen, yet they're voting for him because they like what they hear from him, especially his pussy grabbing antics.

Impulse_Response
quote:
...pussy grabbing antics.

I wouldn't mind some of that for myself.
Mickey Init Maybe we could be allowed to discuss forthcoming events, albums, releases etc in the general forum without them being moved. That's not a dig, it's a straight up suggestion/request. I don't think I'm on my own here when I say I check the general discussion page 99% of the time and the rest of the site gets the the remaining 1%. I'm sure easing up on this would keep the juices flowing.
Cyrax Discussion is slow as it is, if anything you should bundle everything into one big section, this is one of the very few sites my work filter doesn't block me from :)
jordesuvi Besides the outdated forum design I think this forum is pretty decent.
A few more members wouldn't hurt, but I enjoy reading discussions, updates and questions about the scene here from both veteran and new hardcore fans. Some things that get said I disagree with, some I do agree with... but that's the point of a forum. I wouldn't want any circle jerking (unless duly deserved).

Reddit has promise but it's more-so people just posting Soundcloud or YouTube links to new music and doesn't have much in terms of the discussion aspect that I like about this forum.
Rodz90
quote:
IF anything, I think the site should have a css style for mobile users. As long as everything important has a ID or a CLASS tag asigned to them :P

Fully agree with that, would be up for helping out too. Pick either Bootstrap or Materialize for simplicity and just give it a lick of new paint.
ViolonC Some ideas. First of all i am somewhat old-fashioned as well and hate doing stuff on the phone. Nevertheless i see how important it is to make things accessible to different approaches and get to the people where they are. So...

Easy things
  • New Design! The website looks as old as it is. New CSS (depending on the code) could be all that is needed plus some neat banners at the top. A mobile CSS would also be a good start.

• Social Media Shit! There (surprisingly) already is a friend-system in place. A like-system could be added.

More elaborate things
  • Mobile App! Probably a lot of work. Maybe rather build a mobile version of the site and just ship a web browser that opens this site.

• Relaunch! This will be a lot of work and completely futile when not networked and advertised in the scene.

d2kx I am still reading here from time to time, but I have mostly stopped posting, because 1) the forum software is... stuck in 1998, to put it nicely and 2) some discussions are taking a really negative path, even though it is not nearly Ush levels of bad. However I am still keeping up with what's happening, just like I was back in the Raver Baby Watch on Ush times.

To be quite honest, I don't think there is any chance to grow this forum. First of all, the forum software would have to be replaced completely with something that isn't made for ants on the desktop, is usable on mobile etc., then the many subforums are completely unnecessary since not everyone looks in all of those and the traffic doesn't warrant it. And then classic forums are having a hard time anyway and not many people are going to find the community or will register.

The only way forward, although I don't think this idea wouldl find much love, would be to create a polished (with a fresh custom style etc.) Subreddit on reddit.com or to merge with Harderstate if they would be even interested.
Impulse_Response Many people are posting about how old the site looks. I implore the mods/owner, if a redesign is ever considered, then please have an option to view the site in the current style. It isn't a matter of this site being old and newer styles being available. It's a matter of this site being aesthetically pleasing and easy to use, and newer forum styles being ugly and hard to navigate because of the terrible graphic design.
Claxton I think it would be better to compress the forum rather than water it down even more. There isn't enough discussion.
Hard2Get
quote:
Besides the outdated forum design I think this forum is pretty decent.

In terms of appearances I've not seen anything newer that is better. It does what it is supposed to do. No more and no less.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Besides the outdated forum design I think this forum is pretty decent.

In terms of appearances I've not seen anything newer that is better. It does what it is supposed to do. No more and no less.

So did Ford Scorpios.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

RIP the forum.

I was on USH....

Same here. I was on USH from 2001-2011/12 (When the site closed)
chemtrailskies
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ron Paul 2016

Triquatra boobies
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
boobies

titties
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
boobies

titties

hooters
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
boobies

titties

hooters

johnsons... oh wait
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
boobies

titties

hooters

johnsons... oh wait

Gary Johnson?

Samination maybe. Both of them are quite turned off :P
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by chemtrailskies:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ron Paul 2016

hahahahahahaha what the ****s up man!?

<3
strychnine
quote:
Nah it was the place to be in 2002-2005.

What a coincidence, that's exactly when I was around. Although there were a couple of discussions that would convince anyone that this forum had well and truly lost the plot back then.
Hard2Get Good god it's been a long time. Fancy seeing you here!
strychnine Oh, just my irregular poking around for new hardcore mixes to work out to. Nice to see some familiar names still floating around, it gives this old fart some heart to know that we haven't completely been replaced with young'ns.

This thread title caught my eye though, always interesting to see the "END IS NIGH" theories for this site. IIRC 'back in our day' we had people claiming that we'd "lose" to that big UK forum (BB/NG?) and end up as refugees either there or on our regional forums. People were complaining that the forum looked outdated back then as well.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
Oh, just my irregular poking around for new hardcore mixes to work out to. Nice to see some familiar names still floating around, it gives this old fart some heart to know that we haven't completely been replaced with young'ns.

This thread title caught my eye though, always interesting to see the "END IS NIGH" theories for this site. IIRC 'back in our day' we had people claiming that we'd "lose" to that big UK forum (BB/NG?) and end up as refugees either there or on our regional forums. People were complaining that the forum looked outdated back then as well.

How often do you actually check the forum out? Also i think the forum you're thinking of must be ush.net.
Captain Triceps I can't see it being BB/NG.

I don't think HHC.com would 'lose' to USH as such, there's no harm in having a few forums, why should everyone go to one? I saw this place as the WCW to USH's WWF. A lot of fans preferred one, some enjoyed both, the rest of the world just thought we were fools.
Hard2Get Yeah there is no way most ush.net would want to come here and likewise most of this forum didn't like it there. There are a few exceptions like yourself though.
Triquatra I started on USH. Though I moved to the states, and as happyhardcore.com had a bigger US userbase I started using this one more; had I stayed in the UK I would have probably stuck with USH.
strychnine
quote:
How often do you actually check the forum out?

I'm not on a schedule or anything. Usually when the mixes I'm listening to are starting to feel a little 'same-y', or when I've a dire need of something to pass the time. I think the last time I swung by was back in March when my baby was born and I wasn't getting a lot of sleep.
Samination does that include my mixes? :P
strychnine
quote:
does that include my mixes? :P

Feeling same-y? Never!
djDMS
quote:

To help him sleep? ;-)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

To help him sleep? ;-)

Have a nice Brexit, you Twerp :P
Elipton
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

To help him sleep? ;-)

Have a nice Brexit, you Twerp :P

lul enjoi dictatorship

It took 5.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page