Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 CLUBLAND 2 STEALING HAPPYCORE!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ormzby2003 I
I Think That It Is Totally Crap That Clubland 2 Has Stolen Loads Of Happy Hardcore Songs And Made Tons Of Money Out Of Them Theyve Stolen Songs Like 'Welcome To Tomorrow,Hold Me Now ,Face Down Ass Up,And Tons More And Im Pissed Off!!!!!

The Worst Thing Is That People Who Dont Even Like Happy Hardcore And Diss It All The Time Are Listening To The Slowed Down Versions And Thinking They Are Great And The Originals Dont Get Any Credit!!!

If Anyone Agrees Please Reply!!!

'Who Cares What You Feel Like In The Morning Keep Jumpin!!!'
Xenochrome Welcome to the boards.
Try running a search for a topic before you post. This one has been discussed, at length, several times.

toxic
quote:
Originally posted by Ormzby2003:
IF ANYONE AGREES PLEASE REPLY!!!

this is a forum ... which means discussion

ppl can reply even if they dont agree with ur point of view

btw welcome to the forums

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Brian K where to start...number one, don't shout. two, evidently you don't realize how many songs (dance or commercial) have turned into hardcore songs. if you don't like it, then don't listen to it. most people in hardcore aren't in it for money anyway, just the love of the music...

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
virus I THINK THAT IT IS TOTALLY CRAP THAT HARDCORE 2 HAS STOLEN LOADS OF POPULAR SONGS AND MADE TONS OF MONEY OUT OF THEM THEYVE STOLEN SONGS LIKE CHICAGO'S "ITS HARD FOR ME TO SAY IM SORRY", AND 2 LIVE CREW'S "FACE DOWN ASS UP" AND TONS MORE IM PISSED OFF!!!!!

THE WORST THING IS THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT EVEN LIKE POPULAR MUSIC AND DISS IT ALL THE TIME ARE LISTENING TO THE PITCHED UP VERSIONS AND THINKING THEY ARE GREAT AND THE ORIGINALS DONT GET ANY CREDIT!!!

Brian K werd

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
Oli G heh
oh dear
dont post all in caps please

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
toxic
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
I THINK THAT IT IS TOTALLY CRAP THAT HARDCORE 2 HAS STOLEN LOADS OF POPULAR SONGS AND MADE TONS OF MONEY OUT OF THEM THEYVE STOLEN SONGS LIKE CHICAGO'S "ITS HARD FOR ME TO SAY IM SORRY", AND 2 LIVE CREW'S "FACE DOWN ASS UP" AND TONS MORE IM PISSED OFF!!!!!

THE WORST THING IS THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT EVEN LIKE POPULAR MUSIC AND DISS IT ALL THE TIME ARE LISTENING TO THE PITCHED UP VERSIONS AND THINKING THEY ARE GREAT AND THE ORIGINALS DONT GET ANY CREDIT!!!

ROFLMAO !!!

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Underloop heheh good call

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"
Ormzby2003 sorry i was really angry at the time

what does 'ROFLMAO' mean ?

'Who cares what you feel like in the mornin KEEP JUMPIN!!'
strychnine ROFLMAO: Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off.

Originally posted by Ormzby2003:
The Originals Dont Get Any Credit!!!

Well you can not make a cover version (a new verison) of the song without getting the orginial writers permission and they will have credit on the CD.

As for the money as a song writer they stand to make more money from a cover (new version) than the label and artists that re-did the song all together. So you have to put it in perspective, a track that is 5 years old perhaps bring in 10 pounds a year in hardcore sales, it is a great track and the artist or song writer wants that song for more people to get to hear it, it's great they are covering it.

You can't expect the new people that hear the song know about the hardcore version.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
DiA omggggg i just borrowed clubland 2 off a friend and i gotta say its S H I T E !!

CD 1, track 07: Flip & Fill - Field of Dreams

didnt Force & Styles make this? eh.

fazza

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
DJ STYLUS Yep clubland 2 pissed me off, especially open your eyes by eyeopener, that just sucked racoons bollox! and wot about children of the night =)

------------------------------------
ALL FOR YOU IF YOU STAY TRUE
------------------------------------
tommo
It makes me angry because people will listen to the hardcore rip-offs on Clubland 2 and think like oh Flip and Fill write some really good songs and stuff.Grrr...

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
Raver_Davie ^^^ Couldn't agree more, amen brother!

For some reason I find lyrics that originated by mainstream artists that are used or ripped by underground artists (not just hardcore producers either) quite exciting. That drum and bass version of Chritina Agi-thingy's (can't spell her name!) song 'Dirrty' is quite good!

But when mainstream artists rip or use lyrics/tunes from the underground (not just from hardcore again either) it does really cheese me off.

If you think we feel bad about mainstream geeks knicking hardcore material think about people into rock music! Those bands had their own little group of supporters, like people who were dead passionate about them like we are with our music and maybe more. Imagine how they felt when 12 year old kids suddenly wear tops and T-shirts with their name on, even though they have never heard a song made by that band. They must be gutted, I hope this never happens to the hardcore scene. I'll cry!

Dave!
DJ Mouse we just gotta face facts that this is the music scene and ppl rip off everyone else. it's how it goes and if there's potential in a hardcore song then someone (we all know who) is gonna be a greedy bastard and cover it to make a load of money

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
pacman i find it really amusing how some people feel like they have ownership over a certain form of music? you're all such hypocrites. so its ok for hardcore to use songs others wrote but as soon as it works the other way round it's "stealing". a whole lot of rhetoric gets thrown around about the "stealing" of tunes. i feel that as long as the quality of hardcore is still hot (and **** me it is) then what's the problem?
oh, i forgot... you're pissed off that someone else likes these songs and you've been into hardcore for (proverbially) five minutes. big deal.

get off your high horses! this is music! if you like it, then live it, and love it! it is beyond me how it can affect you whether or not other people use the same melodies and words as in the songs that you like? you obviously don't really love or understand the music for the right reasons.

trash.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
tommo Ok,calm down pacman.
All I was saying was that people will listen to hardcore cover songs by f&f etc
and they will think that they wrote the sogs.And f&f get all the credit for it.
Thats all.

virus yea, and people listen to hardcore rips of trance songs and they think that they wrote the tracks..

theres no difference..

Don Giovanni Music was intended to be shared with others so that it may bring enjoyment to them too.

Anyone is free to change a song to make it match how they would like to express themselves (granted credit is given for the original ideas).
I don't like a lot of the rmxs done of certain tracks...but those new rmxs don't take change how great the originals are does it?

So instead of getting mad when u hear someone listening to a trance or whatever rmx of a HHC tune just accept it. Or maybe say 'hey have u ever heard the original hhc version?' Who knows they might acctually go listen to the hhc version and start listening to some HHC...and last time i checked more people liking HHC was a good thing.

btw for those of u that don't know our own beloved Eyeopener is taken from an old POP song called Open Your Eyes and the break down in the middle of Eyeopener is taken out of a Redman (or was it Methodman) RAP song...gives you somethig to think about b4 u get all mad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pacman yeah tommo i do understand your point and respect that as a songwriter myself, but what i'm saying is does it really matter if people are giving the likes of flip and fill credit? nick obviously knew it would happen, not to mention that flip&fill have been on tv and talked about bang!. so what if uneducated people are giving them credit? the original artist knows who his/her true fans are and will appreciate their respect.

but i think you're still being hypocritical. (not trying to argue just debate it) if you think about it, we give alot of happyhard producers credit for songs that they've 'stolen' too:
we give brisk & trixxy credit for 'eyeopener'.
we give vinylgroover credit for 'time'.
we give scott brown credit for 'turn up the music' and 'chase'.
we gave hixxy credit for 'castles in the sky'.
we give kaos credit for 'sunshine' and 'electric dreams' etc.
we give breeze & styles credit for 'angel'
we give jimmy j credit for '99 red balloons'
we give brisk & fade credit for 'stay here forever', 'delirious' and 'here comes the noise'
we give storm & herman credit for 'let it be the night'

need i say more?

DJ Mouse leaving the covers to the side for a minute,what do you all think of interactive bringing out a commercial cheesy version of forever young?

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
virus *we give interactive credit for 'forever young'.*

their '94 version was pretty cheesy and commercial to begin with. i'm sure it was in the charts when it was first released..

Nick of Blaze! Writers credits are often very confused. I've said this many times before, but the producers of the tracks, (the people that sit at the mixing desks and create the final versions you hear on vinyl, cd etc) are not always the writers.

The writers of the songs are the people that have the very first ideas for lyrics, melodies, music etc. They then create a version of thier song that then exists under all copyright law because it's been created and that then goes on to be reproduced for release. This may be on just a guitar or piano.

Coincidentally, these people may also be the people that actually create the versions that go onto the plastic, but not always.

In my case, I created all of the original versions of the Bang!/Blaze! etc material that you hear. So I am the writer of those tracks and the ONLY writer, except for a couple that I co wrote with Tom Orton and "See Me Climb" where I gave away 50% of the publishing and writers credits to Ham because they didnt want to release it and I needed the money and I knew it was a great track. Next Generation have created "remixes" of my original versions.

Writers credits look something like this:

"Shooting Star" (Arnold) Peermusic (UK) Ltd. Produced by H.Dean Next Generation Records Ltd.

TITLE (writer/s) publisher producer recording owner.

Many times I've seen on sleeves containing my songs that Ham & Brisks names are included when in fact they have never contributed to the writing of any of my material at all. A typing error I presume.

Within the industry, the writer is always the most important part of the process and gains the most respect, simply because, without the writer, there's no tune to release, remix etc. You wouldn't believe how many people I've met that think Atomic Kitten wote Tide is High, but thats cool, because thats the way it works, the people that matter know the truth.

So, getting back OT, the covers of hardcore tracks firstly, in my experience, have been licensed correctly, and through the proper channels (MCPS/publishers), whereas, I hear many many hardcore records that contain other peoples copyrights, that are neither licenced nor accredited to those original writers. Maybe the hardcore scene should clean up it's act and be a bit more professional about the way it conducts it's business, oooh the stories I could tell.....

There's always the arguement about why within the industry as a whole, major labels, distributiors, radio stations, TV etc don't take hardcore seriously, and this is one of the contributory factors. It's so unprofessional that they don't want any involvement.

What other events do you go to and see the promoters blatently selling tape packs and never paying a penny in royalties?

What other genres, so blatently rip off people without correctly licensing and release records and license to compilation companies?

And speaking of compilation companies.... what respected company, knowing that this goes on constantly, is going to run the risk of releasing these tracks into the mainstream and maybe lose thier licences with the MCPS, effectively closing down their business? They only do it, when the profit margin outweighs the risk of getting caught.

Even some of the people on this board are selling a CD containing loads of other people works!!!! COME ON, where will it stop?! But that isn't their fault, and I dont blame them, they genuinely don't understand that they cant mix a few tracks together and sell them on a CD, as far as they're concerned, they did the mixing, so they should get the rewards. (At least I HOPE thats what they believe).

There once was a guy on MP3.com called DJ LSI (or something like that), and he took Hams original mix of Shooting Star, chopped it up so it was all in a different arrangement to the original, then put it on MP3.com for sale saying he wrote it. It actually said, "Written by DJ LSI, produced by DJ LSI". Even after me mailing him, he still insisted that Hams version was Hams version, and his version was different, so it was his version. That's what we're up against.

So, PLEASE lets put this silly thread to bed. Silver, make it sticky so that newcomers don't ask this same question over and over again. I'm sure someone could put together all the main points on the arguement and put it at the top of the forum for a while so that the questions are answered.

Remember:

F&F and anyone else on AATW aren't STEALING songs, tracks etc, they're legitimately and legally licencing them with the owners consent AND accrediting them correctly.

If they were stealing them, does anyone seriously believe that Hixxy, F&S, Next Gen (Stimulant), Scott Brown, etc etc would be working with them ?

A song is something with a melody & lyric, a track is the final version of that melody/lyric. There can be many tracks, but only one song.

Regarding the new mix of Love of My Life, I'll be speaking to the guy that wrote it today.

Really sorry for the mammoth post,

Nick.

djDMS Brilliantly said Nick.
Spoken by one who REALLY knows what he's talking about.
Don't worry about the length of the post - when it's that good, who cares?
Looking forward to hearing your new stuff soon.

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small
tommo Well said Nick.

fazza
quote:
Really sorry for the mammoth post,

no worries mate! everything you say is totally worth reading! its all really helpful and informative so post replies as long as you want!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
strychnine I think someone should take Nick's post above and bundle it up as some kind of "Cover versions and rip-offs: A Songwriter's Perspective" document that we can just link to anytime someone bitches about F&F or some other mainstream act "ripping off" (pfft) hardcore. Maybe throw in Pacman's little list to really hammer home just how hypocritical that attitude is.

BUT... ****!

How often do we sit around on our asses and bitch about how much other music sucks!? We're not in it to complain and whine because other people steal what makes our music special, we're here to be proud because we LOVE our music, no matter who rips it off or who ruins it with their crappy trance remix. If we spend all our time concerned about stupid shit like that how are we gonna enjoy the real hardcore?

Get over it. If we're as great as we think we are, we'll inevitably be ripped off. It's a fact of life. And besides, the only way to counteract this is to keep churning out newer, kick-asser choons that put their remixes to shame. That's what we're about, eh? We're about the hardcore.

Someone tell me if I'm way off.

i_love_scooter i think its great when they make mainstream songs into hardcore songs.......its really exciting. thouygh ive never heard a happyhardcore song turned down.......

Lixx Personally, if they want these remixes, they can have em. I just heard the Rezonance Q remix of Q-Tex - Power of Love and it is the most boring track I have ever listened to. If people feel like punishing themselves like that instead of "seeing the light" and listening to a proper version, well, hell if I care.

virus did you hear the n-trance version of pretty green eyes?

it's kinda weak..

rezzna the truth is, no one wants their scene attacked by the mainstream, yet thinks their scene is the best scene in the world. if the music is as good as it truly is (as is the case with hardcore) of course people will see the potential if they were made to be more radio friendly. therefore more people will migrate to the scene, IF, a remix has the original artist's names in the listing on the back of the cd, (and not just "written by p.nineham or whatever") People will seek out this artists other material, realise its hardcore, and probably, because of the bias of already liking what theyve heard befre, begin digging harcore. they will find hardcore, and the scene will be ovverun with owners of Clubland 2.

SO...

isnt it more of a blessing that the artists arent acknowledged on the cd. YOU know who did the original. Who cares what some 13 year old chart banger knows.

and the argument that they shouldnt be remixed at all is a really rather crap argument. if you listen to some of the mixes without the bias that its been "stolen" or "bastardized" or whatever, some of the arent too bad. obviously if you arent a fan of trance you wont like them, but hardcore is about having a broad and respectful mind, so saying "i hate this remix because i like original" is both disrespectful (as a good remix deserves respect" and shows a closed mind.

it annoys me that really great choons can be remixed and end up sounding shite, but it also annoys me that people think that all remixes sound crap because they arent as good as the originals. something can be good without being on a par with the original.

ALSO in an age of mp3s and pirated cds, surely the writers deserve the extra royalties they get ffrom these remixes.

in short, you dont have to listen to it, the listeners dont start humping hardcore, and the artists get payed more.

dont see what the fuss is about

"don't worry about it, if i were you i wouldn't remember me either"
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by rezzna:
dont see what the fuss is about

I think the fuss is about "them" "stealing" "our" music.

It had to be done.
pacman thought this was appropriate here (especially after the last 2 or so posts)...

how many djs does it take to change a lightbulb??

11 - 1 to change the lightbulb and ten to stand around and bitch about how the original was better.

virus how many junglists does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb, 4 to hold up their lighters.

tommo

chufty i fink its gud that ppl fink theyre gud enuf 2 make a difrent mix of. anyway, i fink the mixes on clubland 2 r gud so it dunt bother me, just dont listen if u dont like innit

i'm just your average hardcore-lovin' boy racer, except 4 being 2 yrs 2 young!
clair HA HA HA CLUB LAND 2 WILL NEVER EVEN BE NEAR HAPPYHARDCORE I DONT KNOW WHY ANY ONE WOULD EVEN SAY THAT TRANVE IS S H I T E

clair brennan
MITSUBISHI_2003 yeh but if ya think about it another way...the original must have been gud cos if it was good enough, ppl wouldnt wanna remix it nd shit soo the hardcore scene dus get sum credit a spose.

** FACE DOWN ASS UP THATS THE WAY I LIKE TO FCUK **

It took 2.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page