Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 I'd just like to clear the air...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Sketchy Ok. First of all. Yes, even though I'm better, I'm still a bit crazy. So I will act a bit crazy at times.

I have a SERIOUS celebrity obsession. Which has calmed, but it's still very much present.

Also. I could be wrong about the impact my communication has had on the celebrity world. It's very complicated.

With regards to Hardcore. I've known the top boys for 15 years. Ask them about me if you don't believe me! I'm very well known.

Also I see my honest accounts of some pieces of my history has caused some upset. I will respectfully try to keep it under control.

I hope that clears some things up.
DjZelous Its ok man. I dont think there was a need for this post tho lol
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Its ok man. I dont think there was a need for this post tho lol

I felt like I could maybe have sparked some negativity towards me through my actions. It's my stories which seem to be causing me the most problems.
Triquatra I don't get it

There are, at best, 10 people that actively read this forum, there isn't an audience of thousands of people reading this stuff anymore, everyone else has gone, or gone to facebook.

for instance, that 'AJ has left hardcore' or whatever it was...18 pages long of 10 people chatting.

who are you talking to? lol.
DjZelous
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

I think its just some of the guys on here are giving sketchy a hard time, as they do.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:

I think its just some of the guys on here are giving sketchy a hard time, as they do.

Yeah it's complicated. It was quite therapeutic to type out the message actually. I suppose it helps put things into perspective when you make a public statement.
Triquatra I guess I could just understand this thread if this site was some sort of Glastonbury podium with thousands upon thousands of people listening and watching.

but it's not

It's an empty pub with a couple of people playing pool, a few old locals sitting down having a drink and one or two new people standing at the bar waiting for the keep to come along, who are about to leave because they've been waiting too long.

Get more of an audience in ASDAs toilets.
Triquatra only reason I'm on here today is cause I feel like crap and have nothing better to do. Brought the userbase up to 11 for a bit, hopefully it doesn't put too much strain on the server :'D
Elipton I'm having the most fun on this forum for years.

It's nice to give the old site a bit of drama before it kicks the bucket
Samination Heck, I managed to get whispering to talk again on my "sami's essential mixes" thread.
Captain Triceps Also, Guest made his triumphant return.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'm having the most fun on this forum for years.

It's nice to give the old site a bit of drama before it kicks the bucket

What, do you think this site might close?
Triquatra If it hasn't closed after being as dead as it has for years then I doubt it will ever close.
arpz Yeah, don't close it silver.
Samination lets hope when silver decides to close down that he'll give someone an offer to take over it first.
Future_Shock
quote:
It's an empty pub with a couple of people playing pool, a few old locals sitting down having a drink and one or two new people standing at the bar waiting for the keep to come along, who are about to leave because they've been waiting too long.

This is the most apt description of this forum i've ever seen.
Gazza1712 Compulsion was always my favourite out of the pair anyway haha, no in all seriousness you guys played one or two United dance events early 2000s. And a few others And you have now re appeared. I'm not fussed as it's not like you left a legacy behind or anything is it. Just a poor mans version of force and styles and and very poor mans version of Sy and unknown. :-)
arpz Are you putting Sy & Unknown above Force & Styles?
Gazza1712 Absolutely yes, firstly from a djing point of view both Sy and unknown individually are better than both force and styles. And then from a record label point of view UK dance was only running for probably 4 or 5 years and yeah they made some absolute anthems but there sets were not full of the most upfront of hardcore at the time, they were still playing there 96 stuff in late 1999 where as quosh ran for nearly 18 years, and there sets were always full of new music. Don't get me wrong heart of gold paradise and dreams etc etc were much better than the majority of tunes put out on quosh but looking at the bigger picture Sy and unknown were the much better partnership would you not agree?
arpz Hmm.. I think that's pretty tough to call since you put it like that. I think if you asked me now if I'd rather see Force & Styles producing again, or Sy & Unknown, then it'd be F&S. But you're right, it is undeniable how much stuff Sy & Unknown bought out.

Gazza1712 Yeah imagine if force and styles were to announce they were going to write a new hardcore track together, would be amazing! I think they have spoken about the idea actually and I asked force about it but he said where he has been out the game for so long it would just sound like a Darren styles track plus force said he wouldn't have much of an input or an idea on Modern production techniques, which is a shame.
Samination wasn't the reason F&S split that they where going in different direction with their sound?
Gazza1712 No they split because force had a young family and wasn't making the money he was from the earlier years so took a full time. He did re launch UK dance around 2005 maybe earlier and was working with Jamie ritmen but it wasn't the same and he got left behind music wise as you can tell from the tracks he put out around this time
Captain Triceps I wonder what is happening with the album? I asked him over a year ago about releasing Show Me The Sunshine and he said they had found the DAT but were releasing an album with everything on.
djDMS Forget all this Force and Styles nonsense.

The big question here has to be - WHERE HAS SKETCHY GONE?!!!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Forget all this Force and Styles nonsense.

The big question here has to be - WHERE HAS SKETCHY GONE?!!!

I've spent the last 2 days in bed! I'm awake and back online though. Yes me and Paul Compulsion's career was very short lived at the top. Hopefully I can kick start my career again with the album I am writing. I'm seeing Paul in December, so I'm gonna try get him involved on a track for the album then.
Mad Max
quote:
I guess I could just understand this thread if this site was some sort of Glastonbury podium with thousands upon thousands of people listening and watching.

but it's not

I lurk all the time :s
djDMS Rowan has been a total arsehole this week!
Mad Max
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Rowan has been a total arsehole this week!

I am waiting for the kite to fall out the tree!!
djDMS If it's still there at the end of the month I'm driving up there to cut the tree down!
arpz Sketchy, Thumpa bigged you up earlier on a thread on FB, so did HB :)
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Sketchy, Thumpa bigged you up earlier on a thread on FB, so did HB :)

Did they? Ahh that's nice :) Top boys!
Captain Triceps I'm currently reading and commenting on that very thread, Christ some of the names and memories being brought back...
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'm currently reading and commenting on that very thread, Christ some of the names and memories being brought back...

Do you have a link, Captain?
Captain Triceps https://www.facebook.com/groups/2257903492/permalink/10154762702528493/?comment_id=10154763694543493¬if_t=group_comment_reply¬if_id=1479408898424582

You've actually been tagged in it, but you need to be a member to see it. I'll approve you if needs be.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2257903492/permalink/10154762702528493/?comment_id=10154763694543493?if_t=group_comment_reply?if_id=1479408898424582

You've actually been tagged in it, but you need to be a member to see it. I'll approve you if needs be.

Thanks mate! Ahh that's a good hearty, fun post! Sound that Thumpa vouched for me :)
Si Thompson This thread is hilarious.

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page