Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ReBuild Music 'Like A Phoenix' 3CD NEARLY SOLD OUT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Thumpa UPDATE 12TH NOVEMBER - ONLY 30 COPIES LEFT!

Like A Phoenix 3CD out now at www.rebuildmusic.com. 36 brand new, 100% exclusive tracks on triple disc digipak with beautiful original art from Transformers comic artist Dan Khanna. Strictly limited to 300 copies (with dual ownership of WAVS, buy the CD get the WAVs), only ?15 inc FREE shipping to UK / ?20 to Rest Of World. Featuring artists Joey Riot, Kevin Energy, A.B, Transcend, Nomic, jD-KiD, Macks Wolf & Jekyll, M-Project, Deeper Territory (Darwin) and many more!

For more info - https://www.facebook.com/thisisrebuildmusic/ and coming soon www.rebuildmusic.com
Thumpa Silver please don't delete this thread, please delete the thread in the new releases forum, as I've seen the HU reboot series in this forum.
Samination I still don't get how people keep ignoring those forums... As long as it's active, everyone can see them under both New Topics and Recent Topics... I guess laziness is a virtue :P
Captain Triceps Bugger me. Fifteen pounds for this. You'd be a fool to miss out, seriously.
Samination Preview of the album: I'd rather spend 100 quid on a 10-tracked album by DJ Ham no-one is sure is ever going to see the light of day.

:P
It will be nice to have a MULTI-genre/styled Hardcore album again. It's quite expensive to buy japanese albums all th time...
Elipton Digging that artwork!
skarr Much better than the hardcore heaven artwork.
CDJay I can't stress enough just how much I wish I wasn't going to, and didn't, bite when needlessly baited but...

- I love that we're actually pushing needless competition between two of the very few things actually happening

- I also love that after 10 years anyone in their right mind thinks that we've actually shown our hand based on some online artwork. We did a triple CD digipak back in 2006, and we're now raising the game.

CDJay

Samination well, I don't know how many times I have bought stuff just because of the cover, just to get dissapointed
by the content. Why do you think they kept slapping girls on the covers of most album in the mid 00s?

On the same note, I have probably missed out on very good stuff, just because the artwork didn't appeal
to me.

I might not be a person with graphical design skills, but I have to be honest, unless the HH/HU artwork
is just a sampler/teaser, it just shows lazyness (really, it's just a black background, with the HH logo,
a 2nd HH logo just showing the outline and a cityscape plastered inbetween).

If anything, we need more of these:

Vladel Anything championed by HU will far outweigh anything championed by Rebuild because the latter is fixated on freeform which is dying on it's arse. That's not to say that the Rebuild album will be good because there are usually a few gems on there but HU is committing to a wider scope of an already small scene where as Rebuild caters to a part that seems to want to seperate. As for artwork, i've never cared for the transformer art and i think the understated HU artwork is much better as it doesn't glare at you.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Anything championed by HU will far outweigh anything championed by Rebuild because the latter is fixated on freeform which is dying on it's arse. That's not to say that the Rebuild album will be good because there are usually a few gems on there but HU is committing to a wider scope of an already small scene where as Rebuild caters to a part that seems to want to seperate. As for artwork, i've never cared for the transformer art and i think the understated HU artwork is much better as it doesn't glare at you.

To be honest, only every other Rebuild Album is "freeform" only. And Freeform is the only dying genre? Isn't the Hardcore HU champion also becoming smaller compared to the Gammercore?
Also, wasn't the latest HU without a real freeform album? So how much diverse was that?
Golion Samination: But is "gammer/edmcore" really such a big thing? To put things in perspective - Gammer has a bit more than 40 000 fans on his facebook page, Angerfist has over a million. Maybe letting a guy like Angerfist/Neophyte/Promo mix a cd where the rest is UK stuff would open some eyes to the happy side of hardcore? Variation is the spice of life :)

Btw - this cd has a great cover, looking forward to the previews
Vladel Not since blood sweat & tears in 2012 have rebuild done an album that isn't just freeform.
Thumpa This one isn't just freeform, there will be some breakbeat hardcore, D&B, gabber and quite a few UK hardcore tracks. This is definitely more of a BS&T vibe.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
well, I don't know how many times I have bought stuff just because of the cover, just to get dissapointed
by the content. Why do you think they kept slapping girls on the covers of most album in the mid 00s?

On the same note, I have probably missed out on very good stuff, just because the artwork didn't appeal
to me.

I'm the same. I'm easily tempted by good artwork. I have countless albums and records that have terrible music on, but are unique.

Thumpa, you'd be a fool to miss out on the opportunity to capitalise on this. 12-inch canvases or art-sheets something could be a good way to present the album.

It's be a shame if this was only available on a 120mm2 case

I'm not encouraging the comparison by any means, but Thumpa goes to length to source illustrations from the artist and it's worth that effort. I dare say that an album's release schedule is built around when the illustrator can provide the artwork, right?
ViolonC The only thing that puts me off is that i have to pay 5 extra for something i'm not even interested in (physical CDs). Maybe i can pay 15 and get the wavs and the CDs are donated to somebody that only knows Gammer or S3rl in Hardcore?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
The only thing that puts me off is that i have to pay 5 extra for something i'm not even interested in (physical CDs). Maybe i can pay 15 and get the wavs and the CDs are donated to somebody that only knows Gammer or S3rl in Hardcore?

Considering you get both the album and the WAVs, I would classify them as 2 seperate items. You're givign away a half of it
skarr The fonts used on the hardcore heaven artwork look like something you would have used on windows 95 in gcse I.T, skills., in 1995.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
The fonts used on the hardcore heaven artwork look like something you would have used on windows 95 in gcse I.T, skills., in 1995.

Well the font looks similar to a typeface called Gotham to me which would set you back about ?300 and it wasnt a genre of fonts that were released until 2000-2005 so I rather doubt that.

Irrespective of that fact, it's dead banter. Try harder to be funny.
Thumpa First clip is up!

Golion Sounds great :D I love this style of hardcore
djDMS Sold!

That's awesome
Claxton This album is going to be superb.

Ps. What a car crash of a thread already. If ever my dramatic thread was more justified.
trippnface i'm down; good stuff !
Samination claxton: and for once Guest hasn't ruined this thread :P

Back to the topic: It+'s a good thing that track doesn't represent the album, because I don't like it at all (but then I never liked the real old stuff).
Elipton Yeah that's pretty funky

Looking forward to hearing more clips
Thumpa Another clip up tonight!
DjZelous WOOOO That everybody bounce now tune is fireeeee!
Thumpa New clip! Magaluf approved, acid fuelled, party rockin, psy tinged freeform from Crash!

Thumpa New clip!

New bouncy, no nonsense hardcore from Notorious Vinyl's Ganah, giving Little Fella's 2009 ReBuild track a fresh lick of 2016 paint!

_Jay_

Not feeling the first three clips but I'm sure overall this'll be worth a purchase. That said, I didn't buy Blood, Sweat & Tears. Whilst I love 90% of the Freeform stuff you put on the albums, I think your taste in Hardcore is way less cheesy that mine.

You thought about pushing the boat out and pressing 500 or something? You always sell out, don't you?

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

You thought about pushing the boat out and pressing 500 or something? You always sell out, don't you?

Agreed. You should look at upping to 500 units Olly - unless you have your heart set on the exclusivity of it all.

This ones set to be gone in record time!

How can I be sure of this? because I plan on buying all 300, spreading them out on top of my bed, sprawling on top of them naked, laughing hysterically while pawing at my treasures.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

Agreed. You should look at upping to 500 units Olly - unless you have your heart set on the exclusivity of it all.

How can I be sure of this? because I plan on buying all 300, spreading them out on top of my bed, sprawling on top of them naked, laughing hysterically while pawing at my treasures.

I'll give you 20 quid for a 'used' one
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

I'll give you 20 quid for a 'used' one

preferbly with markings
Thumpa Next clip! USA's Mitomoro makes his debut on ReBuild with a monster bass workout!

Thumpa
quote:

Not feeling the first three clips but I'm sure overall this'll be worth a purchase. That said, I didn't buy Blood, Sweat & Tears. Whilst I love 90% of the Freeform stuff you put on the albums, I think your taste in Hardcore is way less cheesy that mine.

Yeah I've done 500 anmd even 600 copies before of albums but I'm looking at 300 for this one, maybe 400 if I get good vibes off the pre order but we'll see! There will be plenty of decent freeform on this one, will drop a new Transcend bit this week sometime.

Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Next clip! USA's Mitomoro makes his debut on ReBuild with a monster bass workout!

That track is absolutely horrendous.
Elipton Enjoyed the Crash clip. Keen to hear more
Samination
quote:
quote:
Next clip! USA's Mitomoro makes his debut on ReBuild with a monster bass workout!

That track is absolutely horrendous.

For once, I'd rather listen to the CLSM track :P
Thumpa Brand new Transcend!

Only a few days til pre orders start, clips to come still from Joey Riot, Kevin Energy, Macks Wolf & Jekyll, A.B, Transcend and LOADS more!
Si Thompson The clips are sounding decent. Quite like some of these sounds.
Thumpa Brand new M-Project remix of an awesome 2014 track from Ain't No Grave!

Elipton
quote:
Brand new M-Project remix of an awesome 2014 track from Ain't No Grave!

Ok that's wetted my apetite. Been listening to HC all day and nothing's sparked that old flame, but that's really got me bouncing. Nick and M still have it
Thumpa Another clip up tonight, its gonna be a big one!
Samination Bloody hell? will this be the first rebuild CD i might ignore completly?

4 samples, and I don't like any of them. And that m-project remix. That has to be the most generic j-core track he has produced. It's basicly just regular j-core+nanobii+weak powerstomp kick
trippnface
quote:
Bloody hell? will this be the first rebuild CD i might ignore completly?

4 samples, and I don't like any of them. And that m-project remix. That has to be the most generic j-core track he has produced. It's basicly just regular j-core+nanobii+weak powerstomp kick

lolz; i will pick this one up.

honestly these days; most of what m project does i find prtty boring. his j core and makina was tiers above this powerstomp stuff. still making it; releases none of it. so annoying
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

honestly these days; most of what m project does i find prtty boring. his j core and makina was tiers above this powerstomp stuff. still making it; releases none of it. so annoying

I missed the Transcend song, but still, 1 out 5 is bad.

and that m-project track isn't close to his Powerstomp. I'd take his Makinastomp any day.
Impulse_Response So far I like the Transcend track and the one by M-Project (for once; I think most M-Project stuff is boring). I'm still holding out for the other 31 though, and I can only imagine there are plenty of good ones in there.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

I missed the Transcend song, but still, 1 out 5 is bad.

and that m-project track isn't close to his Powerstomp. I'd take his Makinastomp any day.

100% with you on the makinastomp
Thumpa Brand new one from Macks Wolf & Jekyll, remixing the Freeformania classic 'Floorfiller'!

Elipton M-Project completely lost my attention when he turned his music into a more powerstomp direction. I think that's what it's called?

It's a shame since we'd spoken here and there. That track I really enjoy listening too though. Wouldn't mind hearing that live some time
Elipton Really liking that latest one Olly. Really good riffs and it's great to see Jekyll's name on the project.

My only gripe is that the lead fading in, in the few cars before the drop doesn't sound right by my ear. Feel like there's lots of cool stuff that could be done with the same sound to intensify the build up. Still a top tune though! :)
Thumpa Another clip up tonight!
Thumpa Pre orders start 1st November!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Pre orders start 1st November!

Looking forward to the album mate!
Samination WIill you be posting the full tracklist? I really do want to order, but based on the samples (havent listened to the one you posted yesterday), I feel very reluctant to buy this one.
Thumpa OUT NOW! 100 copies gone in 8 hours, this one is going crazy!

www.rebuildmusic.com to order and listen to clips.
Captain Triceps Ordered right away. I've never been let down by these albums before, so I'm putting a bit of faith into this.
Thumpa Have faith.
Alexbturbo
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Ordered right away. I've never been let down by these albums before, so I'm putting a bit of faith into this.

Same here. Got all of the previous ones and have never been disappointed before so it made sense to just jump in and pre-order this one earlier today.
Thumpa More clips up inc Joey Riot, Nomic, Dave Skywalker & Evolutionize! Over half the stock now gone.

_Jay_

The Dave Skywalker remix is really good. And the Nomic track is very strong.

Thumpa 90 copies left!
Samination rofl, if you had showed me those 5 latest clips as the first clips instead, you would'nt have heard me complain that much :P
Thumpa 3 more clips just gone up!

DJ Sketchy
quote:
90 copies left!

WOW! Another press run maybe...?
CDJay Would probably defeat the point of a limited run?

CDJay

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
quote:
90 copies left!

WOW! Another press run maybe...?

going based on previous releases, I think he'll have ~20 left for a couple of months or so.
latininxtc
quote:
WIill you be posting the full tracklist? I really do want to order, but based on the samples (havent listened to the one you posted yesterday), I feel very reluctant to buy this one.

Oh no that would be terrible if you didn't buy the album. Where else would people be able to get it for free?
Vladel It's a bit daft to start selling before all the previews are up in case you sell out before anything worth buying gets posted.
Claxton
quote:
It's a bit daft to start selling before all the previews are up in case you sell out before anything worth buying gets posted.

I'm sure Olly won't care if they all sellout.
Thumpa Thanks for all the business advice everyone

80 copies left
Captain Triceps
quote:
Thanks for all the business advice everyone

80 copies left

Can I buy shares in Rebuild?
Thumpa Brand new Substanced and a corking new Hotchkiss remix!

Claxton Is it me or is that Hotchkiss track just trying to copy Nanobii's sound?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Is it me or is that Hotchkiss track just trying to copy Nanobii's sound?

Hahahaha!
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:

I wouldn't say it quite has the 'kawaiicore' sound but if you mean it sounds like what literally everyone else is making right now, yes.

The Substanced track is tight though.
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:

I wouldn't say it quite has the 'kawaiicore' sound but if you mean it sounds like what literally everyone else is making right now, yes.

I was mocking a comment Samination made on Facebook ;) sounds nothing like Nanobii. I like both tracts. Getting more and more excited for the album.
_Jay_
I like the Hotchkiss remix. Night Reflection is very nice, too.

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Hahahaha!

He got it.

djDMS
quote:
I like both tracts.

Urinary AND Gastrointestinal?
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was mocking a comment Samination made on Facebook ;) sounds nothing like Nanobii. I like both tracts. Getting more and more excited for the album.

DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah fair play haha, I still stand by the comments though lol. I don't think the Hotchkiss remix is particularly offensive but it really doesn't interest me at all.

Holding off on this album at the moment but I feel inclined not to have a gap missing in my ReBuild collection. :P (Although I still don't physically own Worldwide Freeform but whatever)
Yateszy Some real belters on this one!
Thumpa Brand new A.B! 50 copies left now...

Thumpa Brand new Deeper Territory (Darwin) & Skinny!

This album will sell out! http://www.rebuildmusic.com
Thumpa Brand new Finnbarr!

30 copies left
Thumpa Brand new KEVIN ENERGY & PAUL HARDCORE!

Elipton That Kevin Energy one is Kevin Energy back to his best.
Thumpa Brand new Riko, Relect (Japan) and Chris Ross music!

20 copies now left, its gonna be 350 copies hand numbered - http://www.rebuildmusic.com
Samination make sure to write something nasty on my copy :P
Thumpa Last few clips went up today, 36 clips now up at http://www.rebuildmusic.com where there's around 15 copies left!

Thumpa

Samination oh my. some 2005-styled Addictive Vinyl freeform? :O
Thumpa VERY nearly sold out, shipping should start this weekend.
Thumpa CDS are here and being shipped starting today!
Captain Triceps Boom!
I've listened to very, very few of the previews, excited to hear these tunes very soon.

As I type I'm listening to JD-Kid - Unforgettable. What a piece of music that is.
ViolonC I've seen the EP is up. When will you be sending out the wav?
Samination for some reason i found the email among my spam. What have you done now Thumpa? :P
trippnface
quote:
for some reason i found the email among my spam. What have you done now Thumpa? :P

i found the email in no folder.... save me Thumpa !
Thumpa Email me - djthumpa at hotmail dot com
Thumpa Album very nearly sold out, handful of copies left

It took 5.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page