Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Squad-E losing the plot again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc Or maybe he's just shitfaced drunk, I don't know. But he's been on a FB posting spree with HTID about him not being booked for their events. It's quite entertaining, especially the dumbasses who keep supporting this trainwreck. And as of now a couple of the posts have been deleted, but thank goodness for screen capture!

And this juicy one is the one that's been deleted, along with the "suck my dick" one

Seriously hilarious this last one as it went on, and people genuinely believed he was telling the truth, which more than likely he wasn't. One of the organizers of HTID USA, James Rize, came on and stated the number is false, and he of course said he only knew what he was told. Hmm, that kind of brings back some memories of the Sy fiasco and the shit he spewed.

Just in case anyone is wondering, 12k USD is like 7600 quid. And those 7600 usually includes the plane ticket, which is probably about 1000 quid, and hotel costs. And Darren has a booking agent that takes a cut I'm sure of the pay. Even then, the number I'm sure is exaggerated.
_Jay_

Jesus.

Lilley Hardcore Till I Die, YEH!

I'm amused that major name DJ's (is squad-e major name anymore?) will still carry on (and type!) like an early teen on social media. Facebook should have an 'I'm getting blind tonight' setting. It would be more boring though.
The drunken scotsman I really don't know where to start with this. He clearly needs help. What a bitter, twisted, cringeworthy, green-eyed cnut.
12k to book DS - LOL. As has been said I'm sure he did take a bigger fee than most, but there's a reason for that. Styles has more talent and class in his morning shite than squad-e could ever dream of having.
Threatening to knee cap the guy who runs HTID as well.
Wonder what Re-Con makes of this?
Squad-e is murder these days anyway but I won't be supporting him again by downloading his tunes or going to any raves he's booked for. Hope his 'career' goes even further down the shitter than it already has.
Smoogie Reminds me of school
Gazza1712 It was his birthday yesterday and think he got smashed all nite then started all this, it's the do with htid booking sy in November and going back on there word
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
It was his birthday yesterday and think he got smashed all nite then started all this, it's the do with htid booking sy in November and going back on there word

I saw the first couple of posts and figured he'd gotten a bit drunk and emotional, posting old pictures up and talking about old times and what have you, I bet he's biting his fist this morning though.
He could approach them again with his cap in his hands but he might just have over done it this time, publicly, to perhaps the most well known rave organisation in the UK, disrespecting one of the most well-loved high profile members of the scene.
Just shows you have to be incredibly careful when you're in that kind of position. I don't imagine he'll look back on this birthday with fond memories.
djDMS Embarrassing.

With any luck him and a few others will finally manage to commit career suicide, then we might be left with grown ups running things.
jordesuvi I think the worst part is that he liked his own status.

I'm kidding. I had to, sorry.
Future_Shock I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal of $12,000. That's not much at ALL considering his following. ****, if he had any decent management it would be 12K PLUS 5 star lodgement PLUS air fares. So you're looking at more like 20K all up not including a green room rider.

But to say $12,000 is a lot? Get ****ed. Saying "$12,000 an hour" doesn't mean shit either, a set is an hour long. He gets paid for the set he's not a ****ing hourly worker at McDonalds for **** sake.

Wanna talk big money? Talk about Tiesto in australia a few years ago. We're talking hundreds of thousands and millions for 2x3 hour sets.

And yes, his manager would get a cut - most likely 10%.

But holy shit, the money they are paying him for a large event is nothing compared to the money coming in the door, don't forget that. Whinge whinge whinge nothings changed in the hardcore scene.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
I think the worst part is that he liked his own status.

I'm kidding.

But he mentioned that some are here for the money.
I can't imagine that there is much money going around hardcore?

And in all fairness, I realize hardcore events are mainly small but to say Darren has 100'000+ likes on Facebook, way more than a lot of upcoming EDM (mainly trap) producers that probably get similar, if not more money per show.
Including all the other costs, ?7600 isn't as bad it's being made out to be. I do understand why Wayne would be angered by it though.

Could you explain why then? because I've no idea why this angers him so much. At the end of the day, if promoters want to pay 12k for an hour set (which they didn't) then that's their choice. It's not like 'the ravers' are forking out their life savings for an hour of Darren Styles.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal of $12,000. That's not much at ALL considering his following. ****, if he had any decent management it would be 12K PLUS 5 star lodgement PLUS air fares. So you're looking at more like 20K all up not including a green room rider.

But to say $12,000 is a lot? Get ****ed. Saying "$12,000 an hour" doesn't mean shit either, a set is an hour long. He gets paid for the set he's not a ****ing hourly worker at McDonalds for **** sake.

Wanna talk big money? Talk about Tiesto in australia a few years ago. We're talking hundreds of thousands and millions for 2x3 hour sets.

And yes, his manager would get a cut - most likely 10%.

But holy shit, the money they are paying him for a large event is nothing compared to the money coming in the door, don't forget that. Whinge whinge whinge nothings changed in the hardcore scene.

Twelve grand is a lot of money for a set within the context of Hardcore. There is simply no disputing that.

I know what a few of the top DJs charge per set, and it is significantly less than 10% of the figure we're talking about here (which I realise is probably not the real figure).

arpz Don't forget that if he's being made to go to the US then although it's a big holiday for them or whatever, he's still away from home for an extended period beyond what he would be for a normal set.

He's the biggest name in hardcore and is starting to make waves in other genres too, potentially bringing people from other scenes into ours so there's no reason at all that he shouldn't be making the big money. And like others said, 12k isn't really that much (especially as its actually only about 7500GBP)
Captain Triceps He probably thought that being a top tier DJ in hardcore was for life. He was (very suddenly, it seemed) introduced into an elite club very few are privileged to be in. He was a remix powerhouse as well. A man can be forgiven for his personal demons but you can't attack your colleagues then wonder why you're excluded.
And only a fool would try to topple a man like Sy and expect to ultimately come out on top.
DJ A.K. He's not helping himself, first the Sy " issue " which no one seems to know exactly what happened so its hard to judge, now having a pop at Styles because of second hand information which is nothing to do with him anyway. At this rate he will have pissed off every DJ in the scene
ninja edit LOL
oxis is squad-e the new mc storm?
ConnerIntenzifi Just posted something similar to this on Facebook my god he must have been smoking crack last night. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if Keyes even distanced himself from him.
That fee for Styles is inflated a good bit I have booked him twice over past year and abit the last being a month ago and it was nowhere near this, hes alot more expensive than the rest, BUT he is 1 of only maybe 3 guy's that actually justify their wage & a don't mind paying every penny of it.

Squad E is obviously pissed off & bitter that he's no part of the "top tier" anymore if there is such a thing.

He may have just ****ed his chances of any meaningful booking in future with any promoter lol
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
He probably thought that being a top tier DJ in hardcore was for life. He was (very suddenly, it seemed) introduced into an elite club very few are privileged to be in. He was a remix powerhouse as well. A man can be forgiven for his personal demons but you can't attack your colleagues then wonder why you're excluded.
And only a fool would try to topple a man like Sy and expect to ultimately come out on top.

This 100%.

It's completely his fault that he managed to **** up such a privileged position. And he's going the wrong way about reclaiming that position.

I remember when squad-e first broke through. I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, although with the benefit of hindsight it's clear that he was fairly limited and one dimensional, I can only assume he was fast-tracked to his elevated status through his connection with re-con - a bit like Klubfiller. If he had any class then he might still have some respect but he's completely blown that now. Arsehole of the highest order.
Elipton I don't know what to say..
_Jay_

I didn't make this. Just seen it on facebook.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10489749_776522779108420_14742674895809281_n.jpg?oh=47ee4392be245cdb72951b13d54b7c8f&oe=554767D0

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I made this. Just posted it on facebook.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10489749_776522779108420_14742674895809281_n.jpg?oh=47ee4392be245cdb72951b13d54b7c8f&oe=554767D0

Ruddy heckfire!
_Jay_

lol. Should have seen that coming.

The drunken scotsman
quote:

Haha the whole episode summed up.

I love how Darren has the class to stay quiet- his acheivements speak for themself. Really shows Squad-e up for the bitter arsehole that he is.

Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

I love how Darren has the class to stay quiet- his acheivements speak for themself.

Absolutely. He may be guilty of charging too much, but his music has graced everywhere that Squad-E's hasnt. He needs not rise to such a petty challenge.
Jacco
Captain Triceps Looks like the Squadsters took his Facebook page down for the time being.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Looks like the Squadsters took his Facebook page down for the time being.

That's the most sensible thing he's done in years.
latininxtc
quote:
Looks like the Squadsters took his Facebook page down for the time being.

At least one good thing came out of this. Besides comic relief.
Claxton
wong love it when this crackhead goes off on one. Free entertainment
djscavenger I really don't see what Darren's fee's have got to do with Squade. Styles has been around from day one and built his reputation over a long period. What's Squade done lately? Can;t see many bookings coming his way from now on.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djscavenger:
I really don't see what Darren's fee's have got to do with Squade. Styles has been around from day one and built his reputation over a long period. What's Squade done lately? Can;t see many bookings coming his way from now on.

He were obviously just drunk and venting. The pillock.
Mickey Init Can't help but think that now he's had a pop at Styles and Future World, he'll become a Running Man.
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Can't help but think that now he's had a pop at Styles and Future World, he'll become a Running Man.

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
He's the biggest name in hardcore and is starting to make waves in other genres too, potentially bringing people from other scenes into ours so there's no reason at all that he shouldn't be making the big money. And like others said, 12k isn't really that much (especially as its actually only about 7500GBP)

he may be "the biggest name" but he most certainly is not the best ever since he got "famous" with all his poofy singing ******** (don't deny it the guy sings like a ****in bender) and ever since he got hardcore noticed by more people the music started to change into the ******** we hear today so i think the little prick has a lot to answer for imho
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:

he may be "the biggest name" but he most certainly is not the best ever since he got "famous" with all his poofy singing ******** (don't deny it the guy sings like a ****in bender) and ever since he got hardcore noticed by more people the music started to change into the ******** we hear today so i think the little prick has a lot to answer for imho

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

What exactly does he have to answer for?

The Dopeman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

well after he got "famous" the music started to change and became more geared to "pop culture" etc the all the dubstep/electro crap came in and was the "new fresh sound" which is just complete crap

why do i say this well not one of my friends like hardcore i'm the black sheep they all like pop/rap/house etc but the love DS's hardcore tracks...BUT i let them hear a bit of scott brown, kevin energy etc and they're like "ooooh that's shit" and i tell them that's the genre DS makes and they don't belive me thy're like he does clubland etc he's definitely a major part of everything that's wrong with "UK" hardcore these days
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

well after he got "famous" the music started to change and became more geared to "pop culture" etc the all the dubstep/electro crap came in and was the "new fresh sound" which is just complete crap

why do i say this well not one of my friends like hardcore i'm the black sheep they all like pop/rap/house etc but the love DS's hardcore tracks...BUT i let them hear a bit of scott brown, kevin energy etc and they're like "ooooh that's shit" and i tell them that's the genre DS makes and they don't belive me thy're like he does clubland etc he's definitely a major part of everything that's wrong with "UK" hardcore these days

Blame him for his music if you will, don't blame him for every cunt else trying to be the same.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

Does it not speak volumes that your mates like DS but aren't arsed about hardcore as a whole? He's capable of reaching that type of person and its maybe one of the reasons why he can get away with charging more for his sets. As above, it's not his fault that everyone has (poorly in many cases imo) tried to copy his style.
Dain-Ja Booking fees are proportional to draw. That party was sold out.

Maybe it would have sold out anyways or maybe they should've charged more but... Nonetheless, booking fees generally match draw.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
Booking fees are proportional to draw. That party was sold out.

Maybe it would have sold out anyways or maybe they should've charged more but... Nonetheless, booking fees generally match draw.

Don't bring logic to this you bastard!
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Don't bring logic to this you bastard!

LOL.

ConnerIntenzifi
quote:
Dain-Ja Booking fees are proportional to draw. That party was sold out.

This has never happened in my experience its a set fee & they take it whatever the turn out, had a few really bad turn outs & never had one offer to do it for less, when it could have been a big help.
Mickey Init I don't know why Squad-E doesn't just accept it all and think to himself 'These booking fees are Out Of My Hands'.
Rodz90
quote:
I don't know why Squad-E doesn't just accept it.

Because he's a raver not a crazy drug addict.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

That's up for debate
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Because he thinks he's a raver not a crazy drug addict.

There, fixed that for you
Shades http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=65883

you may as well merge these 2 topics & rename them 'Karma'

AllisonM
quote:
quote:

:D x
Mansy Squad-E should go tell his momma!
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

Yep! I haven't enjoyed his music for a long time. Plus he's a fairly shit DJ. Definitely not worth $12k, if it's even close to true. (market forces blah blah, people are idiots)

I also don't understand why it's supposed to be such a good thing that DS is out there "representing hardcore". He's representing a sound that I don't want to become popular. Yay, he's introducing a shitty, watered down sound to the masses! Masses that still won't enjoy real hardcore. That's so good for us!
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

Yep! I haven't enjoyed his music for a long time. Plus he's a fairly shit DJ. Definitely not worth $12k, if it's even close to true. (market forces blah blah, people are idiots)

I also don't understand why it's supposed to be such a good thing that DS is out there "representing hardcore". He's representing a sound that I don't want to become popular. Yay, he's introducing a shitty, watered down sound to the masses! Masses that still won't enjoy real hardcore. That's so good for us!

agreed !
skarr MC Enemy
4 mins ?

Dar

2 people like this.
d e doesnt like it?
Like ? Reply ? Just now

skarr orry, he thinks its 'not that good'
Like ? Reply ? Just now
skarr .
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
MC Enemy
4 mins ?

Dar

2 people like this.
d e doesnt like it?
Like ? Reply ? Just now

What is this? lol
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

agreed !

i don't even consider DS to be a hardcore producer it all sounds like sped up dance to me hardcore (in the uk at least) hasn't really existed since 1998 the year bouncy techno ceased to exist)

put it this way if the kick is meant to be the driving force of a hardcore track then why do the "big names" use such weak ass kicks in all their tracks i really feel like making a comparison video to show just how weak hardcore has become since it's so called rebirth plus the fact that the 170bpm rule is followed by every man and his dog to such an extent i simply can't listen to anyone's tracks but my own nowadays it's too ****ing slow for me the riffs are non existent and the basslines are worse than a trailer full of cow manure

to put it bluntly there is pretty much no HARDcore being made in the UK the fact that a lot of people still refer to dutch hardcore as gabber astonishes me...thats REAL hardcore for god sake at least that scene has some unity and doesn't have a poster boy who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his mates or or have a bucktooth dumb as **** bearded wanker who everyone seems to think is a god on the decks

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!
Jacco
quote:
i don't even consider DS to be a hardcore producer it all sounds like sped up dance to me hardcore (in the uk at least) hasn't really existed since 1998 the year bouncy techno ceased to exist)

put it this way if the kick is meant to be the driving force of a hardcore track then why do the "big names" use such weak ass kicks in all their tracks i really feel like making a comparison video to show just how weak hardcore has become since it's so called rebirth plus the fact that the 170bpm rule is followed by every man and his dog to such an extent i simply can't listen to anyone's tracks but my own nowadays it's too ****ing slow for me the riffs are non existent and the basslines are worse than a trailer full of cow manure

to put it bluntly there is pretty much no HARDcore being made in the UK the fact that a lot of people still refer to dutch hardcore as gabber astonishes me...thats REAL hardcore for god sake at least that scene has some unity and doesn't have a poster boy who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his mates or or have a bucktooth dumb as **** bearded wanker who everyone seems to think is a god on the decks

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!

Wrong. Styles evolve, doesn't mean they need to change their name. Though I'd prefer people woulda called it UK Rave from the beginning cause that's what it is really.
ConnerIntenzifi You would think there was Unity in the scene over there but I spoke with an Italian DJ I had over past year, basically just trying to pick his brains about the scene over there & Traxtorm & MOH had a falling out aswell so 90% of the Italians don't get booked for anything MOH related, they also tried to poach Mad Dog from Traxtorm aswell who incidentally is the only one who really gets booked off them.

Isnt acted out in the childish fashion as it is over here right enough haha

The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

agreed !

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!

You obviously maintain an interest in UK hardcore..... Why?
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

agreed !

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!

being completely honest...to see how bad it gets that's pretty much it because it just seems to get worse every year to me
Samination
quote:
quote:

being completely honest...to see how bad it gets that's pretty much it because it just seems to get worse every year to me

This might come of as two-faced (considering I also moaned alot about how Hardcore was in 2004-2009), but I agree with the other scotsman. Why? :P

I don't really fancy what DS is producing, but compared to the rest of the FW camp, it's still enjoyable.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

This might come of as two-faced (considering I also moaned alot about how Hardcore was in 2004-2009), but I agree with the other scotsman. Why? :P

I don't really fancy what DS is producing, but compared to the rest of the FW camp, it's still enjoyable.

I agree. You have such an intolerance for anything produced in this genre, why stick around? Not that I want you to leave, I just get perplexed at your position on it all lol
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree. You have such an intolerance for anything produced in this genre, why stick around? Not that I want you to leave, I just get perplexed at your position on it all lol

i like to have a good moan about things that bug me i know i could choose my word differently but i don't see the need i really want to like ukhc again i haven't enjoyed it in such a long time but at the same time i don't want to stop just incase the impossible happens and it gets better

It's not too much too ask for the big names to speed it up a bit have more insane riffs and harder kicks is it? drop all this "we want hardcore to be popular" crap and go back being hard i grew up with the shit it's pretty much all i listened to as a kid and now i can barely make it through 30 seconds of most tunes i know there is powerstomp but i haven't really got into that for some reason
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not too much too ask for the big names to speed it up a bit have more insane riffs and harder kicks is it?

I think that's a bigger ask than you think. So much so that if a producer did it, it wouldn't be UKHC anymore, it'd be Frenchcore or one of those silly genres
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not too much too ask for the big names to speed it up a bit have more insane riffs and harder kicks is it?

I think that's a bigger ask than you think. So much so that if a producer did it, it wouldn't be UKHC anymore, it'd be Frenchcore or one of those silly genres

i wouldn't say go that extreme but upping the tempo to around the 190 mark and having the kind of riffs i like to make it would benefit the scene a tonne

they should bring back the kicks they used in the 90's aswell i don't see why they don't use them anymore it would make the tracks a bit more bouncier and if done right it would sound pretty damn good
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i wouldn't say go that extreme but upping the tempo to around the 190 mark and having the kind of riffs i like to make it would benefit the scene a tonne

they should bring back the kicks they used in the 90's aswell i don't see why they don't use them anymore it would make the tracks a bit more bouncier and if done right it would sound pretty damn good

pitching it up 190 wouldnt be the same as happy hardcore. A lot of the Happy Hardcore (excluding dutch) I have are 165-175BPM :P
Mickey Init I listened to those Facebook freebies the other day and, I have to say, they're a bit pants compared to his older stuff, which is a shame. The bass and kicks he uses are really good and powerful, though. I wonder if he's just a bit rusty or completely past his sell by date. He's definitely lost that Magic Touch, though.
Hard2Get 190 is a silly pace for most UK Happy Hardcore to be honest. Sounds stupid. Brisk type stuff can often get away with it though.
Elliott
quote:
I listened to those Facebook freebies the other day and, I have to say, they're a bit pants compared to his older stuff, which is a shame. The bass and kicks he uses are really good and powerful, though. I wonder if he's just a bit rusty or completely past his sell by date. He's definitely lost that Magic Touch, though.

But he clearly still thinks he's Numero Uno.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
I listened to those Facebook freebies the other day and, I have to say, they're a bit pants compared to his older stuff, which is a shame. The bass and kicks he uses are really good and powerful, though. I wonder if he's just a bit rusty or completely past his sell by date. He's definitely lost that Magic Touch, though.

Or eats up all the shit ppl feed him when they say he's still #1. These people who keep telling him that must not have ears.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

Or eats up all the shit ppl feed him when they say he's still #1. These people who keep telling him that must not have ears.

All true but we were just doing a track title pun thing!
latininxtc Happy new years to all of you filthy fucks out there! I forgot to post this before I started to get super buzzed, or drunk or whatever.

Here is a post that Squad-E put up tonight. It started great, until the very last line. I loved what someone posted in response to this though!

wong haha tosser
wong and why have a dig at the bowlers rave? what's totally lost it done to him? or was it a dig at bounce heaven?

idiot
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
and why have a dig at the bowlers rave? what's totally lost it done to him? or was it a dig at bounce heaven?

idiot

Seems like he was picking at the "smaller" event of the 3 big ones that were marketed for NYE. Funny thing is, there were many DJs who played at the Leicester event and the Bowlers event in Manchester. Quick glance at the lineup, Joey Riot, Kurt, and Fracus & Darwin all were booked to play at both.
versia SQUAD-E Y U SO MAD BRO?
Vladel This guy made so many bangers before he lost his mind. What a shame.
latininxtc And Sy's ex-girlfriend just posted this on her own page, then took a screen cap and posted it on Squad-E's current thread.

Aside from battling to stay sober from a drug addiction and/or alcohol, I don't know what other battles Squad-E is facing, and for the most part no one is picking fun at those specific aspects of his life, and that would be awful for those who intentionally do so.

HOWEVER, just because you are battling some sort of disease or disorder does not give you a free pass to be a massive cunt online to people and organizations who have done nothing to you without facing any type of criticism. That's absolutely taking advantage of people's pity for you. And if you have real friends or other people in your life who actually gave a damn about you, they should be bold enough to be completely honest with you and tell you that perhaps you need to cut back a bit. If he's too emotionally unstable to be on social media, he should let someone else run it for him.
Claxton
quote:
And Sy's ex-girlfriend just posted this on her own page, then took a screen cap and posted it on Squad-E's current thread.

Aside from battling to stay sober from a drug addiction and/or alcohol, I don't know what other battles Squad-E is facing, and for the most part no one is picking fun at those specific aspects of his life, and that would be awful for those who intentionally do so.

HOWEVER, just because you are battling some sort of disease or disorder does not give you a free pass to be a massive cunt online to people and organizations who have done nothing to you without facing any type of criticism. That's absolutely taking advantage of people's pity for you. And if you have real friends or other people in your life who actually gave a damn about you, they should be bold enough to be completely honest with you and tell you that perhaps you need to cut back a bit. If he's too emotionally unstable to be on social media, he should let someone else run it for him.

I think that's the best post you've ever made.

I would imagine that it's depression she is talking about. But as you say, I don't think that anyone has ever (to my knowledge) had a dig at Squad-E with regards to his mental health.

As you say, I think social media is a bad idea for him at the moment. He would do well to stay clear or, as your say, get someone else to run it for him.
Mickey Init I think it's the way that 'mad' in the 'Y U SO MAD BRO?' pic has been interpreted. I took it to mean 'mad' as in 'angry', not the other connotations. But they might have interpreted it differently.
oxis
quote:
And Sy's ex-girlfriend just posted this on her own page, then took a screen cap and posted it on Squad-E's current thread.

this adds some dimension. it does not give him a reason to be an idiot, but it is a justification. had he not been under the pressure of said problems, i doubt his behaviour would have been the same. i am not trying to defend the dude tho. it is very important that he gets called on his bs, but it seems like the man needs to just detach himself from social events or be ignored for a little while.
fakka13k Oh dear! Maybe she should go and hide any "Bonkers" or "Off your nut" albums, just incase like
Vladel
quote:

Couldn't agree more
djDMS No, depression etc is no laughing matter. But in my experience, the majority of those who suffer take steps to make sure they don't get themselves into this kind of situation. Yes it might happen in private (or even in public), but not all over the Internet.
Elipton If you ask me, it sounds like we went on a massive bender, had something said to him that he didn't like, got slatty and had a moody session on Facebook. Next morning he's red faced, naturally.
versia As someone who has depression; no, it's not a laughing matter. It also does not mean you can use it as an excuse to act like a giant ****.

I look forwards to seeing what excuse comes of this next.
The drunken scotsman So basically what she's saying is it's ok for Squad-e to run rampage on Facebook but nobody better respond with nasty pictures or comments because it will hurt his feelings.

Depression is a very serious problem and illness, but it's not a free pass to say whatever you want without any repercussions. I really hope he can sort himself out or at least learn to deal with his illness.
ninja edit sum up available of all this?
versia
quote:
Originally posted by ninja edit:
sum up available of all this?

>:( >:( >:( :D :D :depression: :****off:

Claxton Great tune!

Claxton
Elipton You can't deny that he had a lot of talent. The two videos above display that.
arpz

I'm fond of this one, lump in the throat bizness on the vocal for me
latininxtc
quote:
You can't deny that he had a lot of talent. The two videos above display that.

Yup, who the hell knows where all of it went.
Triquatra Two of my favourite tracks from Hixxy's mix on Bonkers 15 are his remixes.

Headtrippers - Life on Life (Squad E Remix)
Access 3 - Promised Land (Squad E Remix)

brill.

not that that really adds anything to the thread, or says anything for him personally...but just thought I would say something.

I'm really bored.
Claxton I think it's nice that this is turning into a positive thread and we are focussing on the good things he has done in hardcore.

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I think it's nice that this is turning into a positive thread and we are focussing on the good things he has done in hardcore.

I were just gonna say, My Direction is my favourite of his, still chuck it in the odd mix now.
latininxtc
quote:
I think it's nice that this is turning into a positive thread and we are focussing on the good things he has done in hardcore.

Well we've got to talk about something in between his social media rants.

But yes I enjoy this direction too, even if it could be temporary.
ninja edit
quote:
Great tune!

this is the essence of uk hardcore for me
arpz
quote:

That's kinda what I took it to mean too... be so nice if all this drama shit stopped and everyone just got on with stomping and making amazing tunes <3
wong but i enjoy being a bitch too much
Mansy A few of his tracks like promised land, life on life, out of my hands and my direction were all updated from his hypasonic allias. Ill admit that they were better updates. I can remember hearing the hypasonic remix of promised land and it was very similar besides the riff which was shocking.

Then again its not that bad

http://youtu.be/peYiWsKqWu8
The drunken scotsman Squad-e was my favourite producer when he first came onto the scene around 2006. He was great for about 2 years then slowly started to decline as a producer for me - He had a very simple formula for making tunes and once that got boring he was found out. Even his new tunes (whilst much better than some of the crap he was making a couple of years ago) sound similar to his older stuff.
On a positive note, My direction will always be one of my favourite tunes.
Vladel Lost without you best tune ever
Rodz90 Quite liked his Who are you remix
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
A few of his tracks like promised land, life on life, out of my hands and my direction were all updated from his hypasonic allias. Ill admit that they were better updates. I can remember hearing the hypasonic remix of promised land and it was very similar besides the riff which was shocking.

Then again its not that bad

http://youtu.be/peYiWsKqWu8

I seem to remember there was a bit of a hoo-ha about one of his remixes being absolutely identical to the original, just with the bpm increased and nothing else done to it. Hardly the crime of the century, the styles were similar enough to get away with that and a lot of people were time stretching tracks to fit hardcore anyway (myself included).
DJBoydy Not really a fan of his music but one remix he did sticks out in my memory......
Elipton Was squade actually on Hardcore Syndrome?
Mickey Init
quote:
Squad-e was my favourite producer when he first came onto the scene around 2006. He was great for about 2 years then slowly started to decline as a producer for me - He had a very simple formula for making tunes and once that got boring he was found out. Even his new tunes (whilst much better than some of the crap he was making a couple of years ago) sound similar to his older stuff.
On a positive note, My direction will always be one of my favourite tunes.

Also, his remixes were almost always better than the tunes he wrote himself under the Squad-E alias.

Where Re-Con would mostly draw influence from House/Electro music when making his Hardcore, Squad-E would do the same but with Bounce House tunes and, like you say, after a couple of years it became common knowledge that Squad-E tunes weren't exactly Squad-E tunes.
Samination
quote:
Was squade actually on Hardcore Syndrome?

nope, just someone using that albums artwork for some silly reason
Ikstra Unsure if I should dampen the mood of this thread, but I'm curious: does anyone have any info on his alleged triple-booking tonight. It sounds off personally, as I can't seem to find anything else public today that he's playing at:

quote:

Due to Squad-e triple booking him self he has unfortunately canceled the booking.

https://www.facebook.com/events/542511355878506/permalink/636791149783859/

EDIT: Apparently another booking was in Glasgow: https://www.facebook.com/events/796047940436680/

djDMS That event is cancelled now so we may never know
Ken Masters Maybe he was booked to play all 3 rooms at once, mixing in roundabout fashion. Id pay to see that!
djDMS You're on to something there. If I ever put an event on i'll try and book somebody to play in 2 rooms at the same time!
oxis maybe that's why he has been so emotionally drained recently, he has been spending his time making multiple tulpas of himself to play many gigs at the same time!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
Unsure if I should dampen the mood of this thread

Oh you aren't. It's more keeping in line with what the original reason this post was created.
Vladel It's better to keep it positive though. I for one hope he gets better and produces the quality we know he can
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
It's better to keep it positive though. I for one hope he gets better and produces the quality we know he can

I couldn't give a fcuk about squad-e anymore to be honest. He is not an artist that I want to support in any way after his recent behaviour regardless of the quality he produces from now on - which, lets face it, isn't exactly groundbreaking going by the most recent tunes I've heard. He clearly has mental issues which can be forgiven, but he's also shown himself up to be a complete dickhead.
Elliott Squad-E's recent stuff is proper hardcore. Big up that man. Long may it continue.

No, I'm not joking. In a scene where everyone is producing complete shite, it's refreshing to hear him coming out with these '08-era tracks.

Right now I'll take Squad-E over any of the FW/TWR bunch.
Mansy Has anyone heard his new (im asuming its new) track on technikores 2015 mix. Now either this was an old track that hes finaly got round to finishing or hes trying to win people over the way he has in the past by producing the style of track he used to do. I quite like it as i used to love the fast riff stuff he used to do.
oxis
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
Has anyone heard his new (im asuming its new) track on technikores 2015 mix. Now either this was an old track that hes finaly got round to finishing or hes trying to win people over the way he has in the past by producing the style of track he used to do. I quite like it as i used to love the fast riff stuff he used to do.

yes
link for those who haven't: https://soundcloud.com/technikalmusic/technikore-2015-promo-mix#t=15:22

it's actually really enjoyable, love the riff
ninja edit it's really good

am i the only one that doesnt like 'we are young' btw?
Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
it's actually really enjoyable, love the riff

Yeah.. a little too late maybe??
skarr
quote:
Squad-E's recent stuff is proper hardcore. Big up that man. Long may it continue.

No, I'm not joking. In a scene where everyone is producing complete shite, it's refreshing to hear him coming out with these '08-era tracks.

are u having a ****,ing laugh??? your sayin squad e is making better tunes than darren styles, gammer n re con ect ect,? no chance ..........
skarr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqD0qVFMpJs single greatest 'nu skool ' hadcore tune i reckon??
Samination
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqD0qVFMpJs single greatest 'nu skool ' hadcore tune i reckon??

And you like Fleshlight over proper hardcore? :P Even tho I hate S-e, that track is better than Flashlight
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
Squad-E's recent stuff is proper hardcore. Big up that man. Long may it continue.

are u having a ****,ing laugh??? your sayin squad e is making better tunes than darren styles, gammer n re con ect ect,? no chance ..........

This. Squad-e doesn't come remotely close to the likes of styles, re-con etc.

Refreshing to hear 08 style tracks?? It's boring - 2008 was 7 years ago.
rafferty So many people in hardcore live in the past. Thank fark for EDM Hardcore or things would be even more stale.
Vladel The twr/futureworld lot haven't made a half decent track in four years
latininxtc

In your opinion obviously.

While I'm not Futureworld's biggest fan, nor most of the people on these forums are, even I admit they have made at the very least half-decent to brilliant tunes in the last 4 years. If you can't even accept that idea, you're not worth arguing with.

But I do like to see which labels you believe have released "half-decent" tunes and particular songs. Not counting Hardcore Underground because that's clearly a given on here that doesn't need explaining. And I imagine Lethal Theory will be on your list, which I will agree with because half-decent is at best what the tracks have been the last 4 years at that label.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
The twr/futureworld lot haven't made a half decent track in four years

I seem to remember you getting all moist when the concrete angel remix first came about, could be wrong.

Anyway as Latinxtc says I'd like to hear your definition of half decent if the Futureworld/TWR lot isn't half decent. Personally I find the notion of squad-e being better than any of them bar breeze quite ridiculous. He is so one dimensional it's unreal.
Vladel
quote:
quote:
The twr/futureworld lot haven't made a half decent track in four years

I seem to remember you getting all moist when the concrete angel remix first came about, could be wrong.

Anyway as Latinxtc says I'd like to hear your definition of half decent if the Futureworld/TWR lot isn't half decent. Personally I find the notion of squad-e being better than any of them bar breeze quite ridiculous. He is so one dimensional it's unreal.

Yes you are correct but then I heard the trance remixes that made the styles & unknown version sound really half assed and cheap. As for what labels are putting out the good tunes, well of course that's down to opinion which is what forums are all about. I've spoken a lot on here about what producers, tunes and labels etc I have high hopes for but people don't tend to remember that at all. I don't think it's mostly about consistent quality these days because the music is so varied but more about the odd tracks that hit certain qualities to make them pleasing. As for the TWR/Futureworld stuff, they seem to have decided to throw out what worked in favour of new wether it is better or not and while I respect them for it, you can make new shite but it's still shite.
trippnface
quote:
quote:

i will second that. gammer is a ****ing joke right now. literally. a joke.
re- con is mostly bunk
and darren could do good of he would let the edc mainstream appeal disappear
trippnface
quote:
it's really good

am i the only one that doesnt like 'we are young' btw?

100% shit track
**no offense; some of you are slippin ;P
most of those tracks those "legends" are producing dont sound like hardcore at all.
it actually makes me cringe ; laugh; and turn it immediately the **** off and play a real hardcore song that doesn't sound like commercial garbage trainwreck

ya...i rest my case
https://soundcloud.com/djgammer/strur

...read those comments; who are these people; do they even know what hardcore is?
with that much encouragement; we are doomed to fail
Elipton
quote:
it actually makes me cringe ; laugh; and turn it immediately the **** off and play a real hardcore song that doesn't sound like commercial garbage trainwreck

ya...i rest my case

Noisestorm - Breakdown VIP is a nice Hardcore track too... Oh umm

Pigface is a very clever and well produced track. I don't care that it's not Hardcore, it's great to hear Gammer get a bit silly and produce what he enjoys. Passion is very telling in music, and if you've got passion, it shows in the music and I think pigface is a good example of that. Whether or not Gammers drumstep track is entirely original, who knows. He's hardly blown the baby out of the bathwater.

My enthusiasm for Hardcore is dented when I hear the kind of stuff some labels are still releasing. Every label has it's poor tunes it seems, but there are plenty I've enjoyed this year so far. FSHV1 is a fantastic compilation from various labels. Japan is just a swelling Zerg nest of awesome. Stamina's new compilation has some very cool tunes on there that are a throwback to the style that had me hooked to this genre.

Things are looking up. Whether or not we'll see anything good from the now wavering top-tier? I hope so. FW was a flop, no doubt - but TWR might bring some good music. After all, they know themselves that they've got some redeeming to do - otherwise the label would be called "Together We're Still Here"..

I'm trying to be optimistic ;)
trippnface
quote:
quote:

ya...i rest my case

Noisestorm - Breakdown VIP is a nice Hardcore track too... Oh umm

Pigface is a very clever and well produced track. I don't care that it's not Hardcore, it's great to hear Gammer get a bit silly and produce what he enjoys. Passion is very telling in music, and if you've got passion, it shows in the music and I think pigface is a good example of that. Whether or not Gammers drumstep track is entirely original, who knows. He's hardly blown the baby out of the bathwater.

My enthusiasm for Hardcore is dented when I hear the kind of stuff some labels are still releasing. Every label has it's poor tunes it seems, but there are plenty I've enjoyed this year so far. FSHV1 is a fantastic compilation from various labels. Japan is just a swelling Zerg nest of awesome. Stamina's new compilation has some very cool tunes on there that are a throwback to the style that had me hooked to this genre.

Things are looking up. Whether or not we'll see anything good from the now wavering top-tier? I hope so. FW was a flop, no doubt - but TWR might bring some good music. After all, they know themselves that they've got some redeeming to do - otherwise the label would be called "Together We're Still Here"..

just checked that track out def not a fan ;p

gammer is definitely welcome to pursue his passions and i think it is great for him.... but certainly dont expect hardcore fans to even mildly enjoy it. could not be farther from what i want to hear or have myself associated with . him & that crew seem to be really big on this hyphy/trap/ rap-ish fusion..whatever. for example i dont know who the **** hudson mohawk is or how he is relevant but gammer is constantly referencing him and appears to idolize him or something... that kanye west swag yolo.... straight what the ****//keep out of rave please!

FSHV1 was amazing and i wish it got way way more publicity and acknowledged over some of the dumb shit being produced now. the "top tier" should take a dive honestly. sick of seeing darren styles and gammer get booked over and over just because they are gammer and styles.. **** i could care less. bring the people producing hardcore; there are soooo many producers actual taking it seriously . quite clear from those comments on soundcloud gammer is just getting his ego stroked; and will produce whatever gets him there the fastest. and then look and what those other people are listening too....not even hardcore lol. all the signs keep pointing in the same direction ..

im optimistic as well; tons of stuff going strong; i just dont personally feel like re-con/gammer/whatever have much to offer currently. the fact that hardcore fans think their current stuff is good is pretty confusing...most people if you notice who like it are not hardcore fans; telling no? il take squad e drunk on crack or whatever over their shit for sure; as long as he can still spin. i just want to hear hardcore for hardcore fans.

latininxtc
quote:

That's fine but you don't have to lie to do it! ;)

But I don't mind Pigface it is certainly creative and good for Gammer for doing what he likes. It's not something I see myself going out of my way to listen to, and I don't really consider it hardcore, but that doesn't take away from it being well-produced.

It is a shame that "new" Futureworld ended up being a flop as it started out really well, regardless of the stupid idea of having each release be one original track, a half-assed remix to that track and a radio edit that no one asked for. But I'm with Olly that I'm hopeful TWR will be what "new" Futureworld promised to be.
trippnface well just for shits and giggles; i did some PI work on "Hudson Mohawke"

... and what do you know. he is a TRAP PRODUCER signed to KANYE WEST'S label

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

had no idea. this all makes so much sense now. i always thought that kanye west shit was a joke/. **** kanye west. the person and the music. gammer fell off yo. super disrespect dropping that shit to ravers ; LET ALONE HARDCORE ravers.

revel in the glory days..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPB1t_6sN8

Mansy
quote:

Rolling back the years with that one. What a track!!!
oxis
quote:
well just for shits and giggles; i did some PI work on "Hudson Mohawke"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

had no idea. this all makes so much sense now. i always thought that kanye west shit was a joke/. **** kanye west. the person and the music. gammer fell off yo. super disrespect dropping that shit to ravers ; LET ALONE HARDCORE ravers.

i think the artist is mostly not that important as long as the music is good, but thats a conversation that would derail the thread...
Captain Triceps
quote:
but thats a conversation that would derail the thread...

Christ alive, we can't let that happen.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
but thats a conversation that would derail the thread...

Christ alive, we can't let that happen.

That's one of the things I love about hhc.com. Click on a thread about a random tune and find everyone talking about hermaphrodite penguins from outer space.

Talking about which.....
djDMS Haemaphrodites from outer space aren't as good as they were ten years ago...
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Haemaphrodites from outer space aren't as good as they were ten years ago...

This. I'd say they've been in a steady decline since around 2009. Not even sure they're hermaphrodites anymore.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Those guys are all producing complete shite. Squad-E is producing pretty decent 08 era hardcore and wins by default all day long for me.

I make no secret of hating modern hardcore and wanting a return to the mid 00s.
Mansy
quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Those guys are all producing complete shite. Squad-E is producing pretty decent 08 era hardcore and wins by default all day long for me.

As alot of people may agree on the modern style isnt as good. A change was needed to stop the music going stale. Its like people saying i hate the 00's style of hardcore and wanting it to return to the 90's
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Each to their own but I really can't understand that mentality. Don't get me wrong I love that era too (03-07 to be precise) but those days are in the past and the tunes sound really dated now. I'll happily listen to tunes from those days and raise a smile but I don't want to hear any new tunes in that style, especially when their done by a bang average producer such as squad-e. The legends of those days have moved on and actually developed as producers, Squad-e on the other hand is as stale as a year old loaf of bread.

ninja edit
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:but I don't want to hear any new tunes in that style, especially when their done by a bang average producer such as squad-e. The legends of those days have moved on

if you enjoyed them before, why not now ?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:but I don't want to hear any new tunes in that style, especially when their done by a bang average producer such as squad-e. The legends of those days have moved on

Because that sound was done to death at the time, especially by Squad-e who as I've already said on this thread is one of the most one dimensional producers in hardcore. It speaks volumes that he's returned to the only style that brought him moderate success - because that is all he has in his locker.

I'd only ever listen to older tunes for the nostalgia factor - I associate a lot of good memories with older tunes. But I'm more than happy with my current taste in music and I like where a lot of it is going.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Because that sound was done to death at the time, especially by Squad-e who as I've already said on this thread is one of the most one dimensional producers in hardcore. It speaks volumes that he's returned to the only style that brought him moderate success - because that is all he has in his locker.

I'd only ever listen to older tunes for the nostalgia factor - I associate a lot of good memories with older tunes. But I'm more than happy with my current taste in music and I like where a lot of it is going.

To be honest I hated much of the stuff that came out 2004-2007, but that i've started to like alittle more lately :P
DUnsilence
quote:
quote:
[quote]him & that crew seem to be really big on this hyphy/trap/ rap-ish fusion..whatever. for example i dont know who the **** hudson mohawk is or how he is relevant but gammer is constantly referencing him and appears to idolize him or something...

[quote]Originally posted by trippnface:

Should probably be noted that Gammer/TWR crew's love of Hudson Mohawke has **** all to do with his making Trap music, Hudson Mohawke has openly acknowledged Hardcore as an influence on his own music, and if you're representing a small, dedicated scene which has gotten barely any props from the bigger music world, and someone working with as big an artist as Kanye comes around talking about how he used to listen to your scene's music as a teen, you'd most certainly want to associate with such a guy.

FYI: https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=hudson+mohawke+happy+hardcore
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by DUnsilence:
quote:
quote:
[quote]him & that crew seem to be really big on this hyphy/trap/ rap-ish fusion..whatever. for example i dont know who the **** hudson mohawk is or how he is relevant but gammer is constantly referencing him and appears to idolize him or something...

Should probably be noted that Gammer/TWR crew's love of Hudson Mohawke has **** all to do with his making Trap music, Hudson Mohawke has openly acknowledged Hardcore as an influence on his own music, and if you're representing a small, dedicated scene which has gotten barely any props from the bigger music world, and someone working with as big an artist as Kanye comes around talking about how he used to listen to your scene's music as a teen, you'd most certainly want to associate with such a guy.

FYI: https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=hudson+mohawke+happy+hardcore

Interesting. Good find.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DUnsilence:
quote:
quote:

well i found a video that says he is spinning hardcore but it is just trap music.. i think i read that somewhere before but is it really relevant at all? does he actually do anything for the hardcore scene? i used to wear shorts alot ; along time ago....not really relevant now; you feel me? happy hardcore is an influence in his trap? i sure as hell can't tell; and it has nothing to do with hardcore...

i respect your optimism but i must be a cynic; all i can see is Gammer abusing a shitty trap producers status in a shitty scene; bringing up something with zero relevance; in the hopes more shitty fans will listen to their shitty music. gammer gives **** all about hardcore; that is really clear.
Quicksilver Is he losing his shit again? New profile pic on FB...

*removed - google will ban hammer us*
The Stisk haha yeah i just seen this as well, he'll be banned tomorrow when the mods catch him, but is that his brid though? looks quite nice in all fairness, could have a face like a welders bench though
arpz Oh come on?! what was it?

edit: oh right, tits, fair play
Quicksilver If it's of his girlfriend, that makes it even worse. What would she think of that?
Elliott **** me. The hardcore scene is the soap opera that keeps on giving.
latininxtc Dude must be single because I can't imagine that his girlfriend would enjoy the recent pics of skanks on his facebook account. The last two are the exact same one, with the current one as his profile pic loaded with photoshopped advertisement of his DJ name lol. I hope people aren't gullible to believe that either one is a pic he took. A simple google image search will lead you to that pic posted all over the internet long before he did it lol
Quicksilver What do the likes of Hixxy, Styles & Re-Con think of him now? They used to do tons of collabs and stuff but surely they must be trying to avoid being associated with him now?
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
What do the likes of Hixxy, Styles & Re-Con think of him now? They used to do tons of collabs and stuff but surely they must be trying to avoid being associated with him now?

Don't quote me on this, but I think he's had a few pops at Darren Styles. Someone may have picked up on that in this very thread.

Cue gif:
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
What do the likes of Hixxy, Styles & Re-Con think of him now? They used to do tons of collabs and stuff but surely they must be trying to avoid being associated with him now?

Don't quote me on this, but I think he's had a few pops at Darren Styles. Someone may have picked up on that in this very thread.

Cue gif:

LMAO that's right! On page 1 of this whole thread shows the relationship between DS and Squad-E is pretty much donezo! I think even with HTID it's done, unless he's been booked for HTID events since then, then nevermind on that. Hixxy doesn't have much of a presence on production to even need Squad-e to collab, and not sure about Re-Con.
Captain Triceps He posted a picture recently that had both him and Styles in it. (I'm pretty sure anyway)
Looking at the latest lot of his Facebook posts, something doesn't seem right. There's nothing blatantly obvious (like there has been) but it doesn't seem right, just a bit different to normal.
Quicksilver Ah, I haven't read the thread since it was created and forgotten a lot of what has been said!
MC Deecee Christ he's off the planet isn't he. :(
latininxtc Man Squad-E truly is the gift that keeps on giving, but not because of his music.

He made this post about Mark EG a few hours ago

Not exactly sure what set this attack off, hell not sure if anything specific set him off. Not even sure if this is real or he's having a laugh. Dude's demented. But he later mentions in the comments something about a video and called him a terrorist. He ended up posting a link of Mark EG's personal page with a Youtube video where he blows up some place, but either he's jokingly taking it as serious or he really believes Mark EG bombed the place lol

http://www.markeg.com/video/promo-videos/breaking-news-mark-eg-arrested

For those of you who want to read the 160+ comments on his post, go see it on his personal facebook profile I'm too lazy to screen capture and paste it all this time
https://www.facebook.com/DJ.SQUAD.E?fref=ts
MC Deecee Just been made aware in the last hour or so that he's poorly at the moment so best to try and ignore any posts that have shown up from him, someone called Sarah Dancer posted it and is asking for it to be shared as much as possible.
Quicksilver More mad profile pics, now of women's butts and pictures of him waving a shotgun. Someone lock this guy in and give him the help he needs, he's completely messed up.
wong clearly not himself, hope he gets the help he needs
Elipton

Get the white coats in and get it over with.

The real victims here are his Facebook friends who have to see his constant cover photo updates. This one is from yesterday...
Captain Triceps Now it looks like he's trying to get Vibes involved.

YOU LEAVE VIBES OUT OF THIS!
arpz Can you paste screenshots? I don't have him on my friends :(
Elipton
quote:
Can you paste screenshots? I don't have him on my friends :(

Its all public I think
arpz Nah it's not :(
Elipton Ahh yeah you're right
Elliott At this point, I genuinely hope he gets the help he needs. He clearly has mental health problems (no judgement from me, I do too).

I don't blame him for the shit he's doing. He's obviously unwell. He needs help rather than haters right now.

Even the Sy/Storm drama is excusable from Squad-E's perspective. Storm doesn't appear to have any mental health problems other than being a massive pikey so he doesn't get a free pass.

I hope Squad-E gets his shit together so he can start releasing banging 00's hardcore. He was showing real signs of promise again before all of this.
arpz storm is a proper klaxon and ever since i've realised this he's been ruining old tapes for me
wong yeah storm is a bellend, but i still cant help but enjoy his mc'ing, especially live. hes good at what he does.
arpz I will say that when he's live it does do the trick lol
Anarchy Breed I have read this entire thread and it was very entertaining.
MC Deecee Here we ****ing go again.
Gazza1712 Yep he seems to be sick again, you seen the video of him driving the minibus to one of his gigs and then getting on it at someone's flat afterwards,
MC Deecee Nah not seen that, saw him having a go at the lethal theory boys, calling prospect a pretty nasty thing and also having a pop at gammer though, all since been deleted.
Samination ugh great... I wonder if facebook ushers managed to grab a screenshot
The drunken scotsman Maybe Squad-e is just an arsehole? Or perhaps he is actually our very own pet mongo, Skarr?
latininxtc Who knows maybe he was always an asshole and is just now using his drug addiction as an excuse for being a cunt.

Sadly I didn't even hear about it until now. I definitely would have screenshotted everythinv and posted it for all the world to see!
MC Deecee Last I heard a few years ago was that he was unwell and off his meds, didn't know anything about drug addiction.
wong didnt see him say anything about gammer, saw him call prospect a faggot tho
MC Deecee He offered to fix gammers teeth for him for free, I guess that can be taken whatever way you like really, was all deleted pretty swiftly though.
wong he's obviously took up dentistry, nothing wrong with that
Elipton How does Wayne have any allies left?
danielseven I'm worried that I'm not popular enough to be called something like "pasta boy" or something by him.
latininxtc
quote:
How does Wayne have any allies left?

The same way people still hang out with Ajay at raves and book MC Storm for gigs. People genuinely don't give a shit.
skarr
quote:
Maybe Squad-e is just an arsehole? Or perhaps he is actually our very own pet mongo, Skarr?

wong
quote:
quote:
Maybe Squad-e is just an arsehole? Or perhaps he is actually our very own pet mongo, Skarr?

hi wayne
skarr I'm definitely not squad e , , I may be a bit of a nutcase but I would never call anyone what squad e called prospect, I met prospect at a rave a little while back and he was one of the soundest people I met in ages , he wasn't even playing that night , he just came out for a dance and we had a good stomp together , I gave him my e mail a dress and he sent me a SHIT LOAD of old and unreleased tracks , absolute badman .
djDMS
quote:
I'm definitely not squad e , , I may be a bit of a nutcase but I would never call anyone what squad e called prospect, I met prospect at a rave a little while back and he was one of the soundest people I met in ages , he wasn't even playing that night , he just came out for a dance and we had a good stomp together , I gave him my e mail a dress and he sent me a SHIT LOAD of old and unreleased tracks , absolute badman .

Knowing what Squad E called him, don't you think it was a little unwise to give him a dress?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
I'm definitely not squad e , , I may be a bit of a nutcase but I would never call anyone what squad e called prospect, I met prospect at a rave a little while back and he was one of the soundest people I met in ages , he wasn't even playing that night , he just came out for a dance and we had a good stomp together , I gave him my e mail a dress and he sent me a SHIT LOAD of old and unreleased tracks , absolute badman .

Hi Squad-e
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Knowing what Squad E called him, don't you think it was a little unwise to give him a dress?

Apparently it was the right thing to do since he got a shitload of free music in return!
Gazza1712 Squad e is a dick, I stuck up for him but it's easy to go and get bang on the drink and drugs and turn into a complete arse and blame it on his illness. He hasn't done anything decent music wise since the days with re-con and still plays the back catalogue of twista in his sets today.
cruelcore1 Why hasn't anyone told him using that many question and exclamation marks more than once in a while is embarrassing?
DJIntensity Never a fan of Squad-E one of the worst.
SerenadeUK Been away from all this for over 5 years and somethings havent changed LOL deary me
DJIntensity Came across a remix of his Why Worry released on the Infinity label and the idiot absolutely ruined the tune along with My World.

It took 6.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page