Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Gabba or Happy Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ultamate Ok hears the thing, i recently rediscoverd Gabba. Ok a used to like it but then started to listen to HHC more. I recently heared some crazy sounds coming from a few DJ Promo and Rob-Gee CD's. What are your thoughts on Gabba compared to Happy Hardcore?

With out Harcore we are nothing
fazza i personally dont like gabber that much. im purely into the happy shit man! after all this is www.happyhardcore.com not www.lets all go and killourselves.com!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
DJ Mouse depends on my mood really

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
moo_moo promo woot! teeheee

id have ta say i love em both .. i guess it depends on your own personal taste of music to be honest ..

there are just too many names for it all gabba, gabbacore, hardcore, speedcore n rah rah rah ..

they all sounds similar but all f*cken rock!!! :)

~ eat me ~
RaverBaby69 i hav only just started 2 listen 2 gabba and i think its alright so i like both but i prefer hhc!!!

"I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feelin the music"
toxic for me it depends on the crowd im wif ... if im wif one group of friends its hhc, but when im wif over friends its gabba.

if i had to make a choice between either, definately hhc

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Xenochrome I like all types of Hardcore

strychnine I used to like the faster US-style of gabber, but this new Dutch stuff just doesn't agree with me. I like Scott Brown's work a lot though :)

ive loved hardcore for years but only in the past year or so ive been really gettin into gabba, to the point now that i really do like it.......

i love it wen im at a rave and i can have right good ***** stomp to it!

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"
Simon Some Gabba's ok but I'll def stick with HHC it's not as rude most of the time :)

Sy.
©úrrëntP¤ð I don't mind it if it's mixed in wit' some other styles aswell.

It's not so good on it's own.

toxic
quote:
Originally posted by ©úrrëntP¤ð:
I don't mind it if it's mixed in wit' some other styles aswell.

what kind of styles r u talking about?
i dont think gabba can be mixed in with hhc. i think its best to leave gabba on its own IMO.

strychnine ^^ it all depends on the tracks, really - there are some HHC tracks that mix well into gabber and vice versa, but there are some that don't ... like on Rave Themes III (Weaver & Suae) they mix Elysium+ into Ice Cold. IMHO it didn't come off too well :P

But most of the time i think... this hardcore could really use a good dose of HAPPY, then it be just perfect :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
djyogi gabber music is there to hype u up, But its death - skinhead music in a way. Remember when gabber was kicking off and ppl in holland were shaving their hair.
But then again gabbbers do fight for rights and have goood campaigns such as
gabbers against racism and fascism

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz
strychnine I couldn't care less if it were produced by (and had a primary fan-base of) dyslexic chimpanzees suffering from Tourette's syndrome - I still like it. With music in general (and electronic music especially) I don't put any great significance on who or what produced it *shrugs*

Originally posted by strychnine:
I couldn't care less if it were produced by (and had a primary fan-base of) dyslexic chimpanzees suffering from Tourette's syndrome - I still like it. With music in general (and electronic music especially) I don't put any great significance on who or what produced it *shrugs*

too funny ..

~ eat me ~
junglist_angel well... I used to listen to gabber a while back. I still like some of it. But let's face it. How much has it evolved??? Not much in my opinion. It's still rather minimalistic.
Happy hardcore on the other hand has evolved.

If you like the real hardcore. Try listening to some french hardcore, hard tech, or tribe music. Now that's a trip right there. Breakcore isn't bad either.

Haeobogoblin I think that i have a good all-round...err...ness to hardcore really. Cant go wrong with a good combination of Gabba and general hardcore :)

DJ Overdrive:
-=truly hardcore=-
Annex i'm with simon on this...
i like some of it... because, some of it is pretty enjoyable, or if i'm in that particular mood some of it is good times..

but overall, its all about the happycore

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling
xxhappyxx yeah i dnt mind gabba, havnt really heard much but i like promos stuff, but come on hhc is waay more happy..it so wins!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
sdavies067 Personally i love gabba but its your choice.
Then on the other hand i got happy hardcore which is my ideal music.
I fink the best ideal is to mix both of them together then you have got sumthing really hard and happy + fu(kin' stompin!

Wot you fink?
(Two hard to actually choice 1).

ean

S.R.Davies
sdavies067 Some1 just said gabba never happpy.
BUT.....................There's always 1 of those!.............................

Listen to the New Skool Gabba label 'Rave 'n' Beats Japan' Chucky remix!

Wot can i say??? (NOT HAPPY??)

S.R.Davies
ouch i love it, but it does depend on my mood

invader Both ;)

Phase 4 Records
http://www.phase4records.co.uk/
Hard2Get I like gabba, but only old Dutch stuff, the REAL gabba :)

Midway_raver After hearing Scott Brown playing alot of nu style towards the end of his sets ive been doing it alot lately and it works really well IMO. I wouldn't mix other forms of gabba in wiv a hhc mix tho coz i just don't think it sounds right.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
technohead The last couple of years i have really got into my gabber again, I used to love hardcore round about 95-96 but the style has slightly changed and i prefer my gabber now [@;d]

strychnine ^^ umm ... technohead, exactly what smilie were you trying to achieve with "[@;d]"?

Your into the sound of Rebellion
mercenary and what about the newest hardcore/gabba releases? are you listening that or just the old stuffs? what's your opinion about darkcore and tha other 21th centurian hardcore genres? and what about the biggest labels of the present? enzyme, third movement, and others...

<mercenary/>
shck.wav Hydra introduced me 2 HappyHard a few months back and i must agree its sound has changed a lot. I really like the trancey stuff.
(I listen a lot to the Brisk MixMag CD, which contains a lot of trancey.)
And that's exactly what i was looking for. Good melodies and fast beats!!! :)

Gabba nowadays is trying to hard 2 b inovative, i think. Hollow synth and cracked kicks, it doesnt sound right.
However i do like Hellfish and Producer, cos of the freaky beats :D

DJ STYLUS I like em both but hardcores got the edge for me! =)

------------------------------------
ALL FOR YOU IF YOU STAY TRUE
------------------------------------
DJ Mouse like i said it depends on my mood,but i'll add to it. it's good to pick you up / wake you up / fu©k you're mate's head up when he's in the back of your car and it's on full whack. i've noticed i drive like a total maniac when i've got it on as well so it's good for when i'm in boy racer mode

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
Hydra I've been listening to gabber ever since 1995 or so, and still like it, though I must admit I like the gabber from 1995/1996 better than nowadays' gabber. I listened to happy hardcore also from 1995 till about 1998 or so, completely ignorant of the fact that it was still alive in other countries, and I only discovered that a few months ago, and now I'm trying to get more people from the Netherlands into UK HHC :)

For those of you interested in some new gabber by the way, check out http://www.mastersofhardcore.com, then choose 'top 40' and you can listen to parts of a lot of new gabber tracks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a love but it didn't last...
Wonderfull days belong to the past!
SINIZTA I like both also!I just don't like tha really,really hard,fast shit, nor do I like tha really happy,poppy sounded shit! I like tha rough ghetto gabber, and tha anthem type HHC(Scott Brown,Hixxy,etc.)!.....................(Does what I said make any sense?)

"Ain't nothing 2 **** wit"
Stevie c Hardcore is the best.Simple. It incorporates all styles, anything can be done

toxic to decide bewteen the 2 types i think it all comes down to the mood one is in.
me, for eg, theres time i prefer gabber, and then theres times i prefer hhc *shrugs*

strychnine ... and there are times I'm in the mood for rough anal sex with 15yo runaways. It all depends.

strychnine ^^ yeah man it's a mood thing, I mean, there are times where I've got some toothless crack-addict bent over in front of me with her mini flipped over her waist, and I think to myself, "Do I really want to right now? Not especially. I think I'll go listen to a gabber CD instead."

toxic there go those smilies ... there at it again

Stevie c TOXIC!! your so rude!! I knew you had a sense of humour, it may be crude but it is there 8-)
Old skool is the Daddy
Happy hardcore it's favorite son
and Gabber the violent cousin nowone invites over cos they are scared

dj tonic for me it has to be gabber especially the old twisted vinyl stuff and the rotterdam shit. some happy hardcore is gr8 especially the stuff with a decent hard edge to it but some of the more girly, flowery releases played in the past by ppl like dougal and vibes really put me off the sound.
Raver_Davie I prefer gabber with a 'tuney' sort of edge (like "pump this party" by Paul Elstak) rather than the usual stuff which doesnt sound like there's any effort in the production of it.

Dave!
whitelabel12 Here goes - my first post!!! I been into the rave scene since time (about 10-12 yrs ago) an even though i wasn't always old enough to go to the events have always bought the tapes and vinyl, music of choice was always happy hardcore with a bit of dutch thrown in, then it all went pop and i deserted it. Now despite fact i play hard house i'm startin to get into a bit of the hardcore again (new hixxy/brisk stuff etc) also the new style gabba. I've got no preference over which is best, if a tune moves you it moves you, who can argue with that eh??? Anyone into new style go listen to the eye opener remix, it's a fcukin FLOOR SHAKER!!!!!!

someone once said about video games that watching a little man run round a dark room munching pills n listening to repetitve music would have a bad effect on the youth of today - what did they know???
DJ Affliction A dont mind Gabba a suppose.

But Happy Hardcore rules no question bout it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!

DJ Affliction
tommo I don't mind gabba,especially Neophyte,Scott Brown...etc.

But I'd choose hardcore over it anyday.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
Spongebob

dam not an easy one :) until it's hardcore I like it :))))) !!!! hardcore is runing in my blood!

~That makes me feel all wiggly~ :)
whispering In the back of my shoes theres written Hardcore and a chinease sign that means Happy, they are sooo cool...
Well... my point is Happy Hardcore all the way... But gabba takes the second plase though...

Dave Murray I prefer Hardcore, but i like Gabber 2, like Scott Brown, Neophyte and Lady dana

F00k i need a signature!
dj cik Nothing better then a distorted 909 kickdrum. any of u kids ever thought about happy gabber? it exists....... neways i will stay true to the dark side of hardcore and go with gabber. i dunno i just cant get into the bouncy ball bassline....

artists such as
promo, delta nine, delirium, catscan, outblast, lady dana, neophyte, ophidian, megashira etc...
DJ_Cosmic it think its depends on the mood, sum times gabba can rely make u bounce and on otha days makes my head hurt lol

Cosmic-To Be The Best
Broken I think MOST OF the new style gabber is a joke, so I'll go with happyhardcore. However my very favorite has always been speedcore and breakcore... actually, pretty much anything dark that isn't nu-style.

I´m very much into hardhouse 2...

But very much depends on what mood i´m in.

'You know the world has gone mad when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is black, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.'
Stevie c Happy hardcore, has to be!!

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
The Elfish angel of Happiness
and your into my sound of Rebellion
yerzmyey Hello all.
I love gabber, but I have to admit I cannot listen to it for some longer time.
In spite of a fact we have even cyber-gabber band (http://mp3.com/spectrum_of_terror), I like happy-hardcore very much, 'cause it's simply cool music. ;)

DJ_Cosmic theres sum days i love gabba because it can b so 'bouncy' and rave like

Cosmic-To Be The Best

It took 3.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page