Total online 1591
 Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: North America
 the latest in the hardcore stage shaftings.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Saiyan from a VERY reliable source in the wemf camp i have learned the following.

the indoor hardcore stage will be on an indoor squash court.

anyone who's ever played squash knows indoor courts are TINY. (you can fit maybe 50 people on one) and have no ventilation.

a good chunk of the djs on the lineup are less than thrilled by this.

i for one am still gonna play regardless.

but boy does this suck the a$s.

Get More ****ed and Get Rockin!!
Elysium Now, I don't know if squash courts looks the same all over the world, but the three we have where I live is ~10x6,5 meters. There's absolutely no way to fit a DJ with full equipment and more than 15 dancing people in one of those. Put the DJ and equipment somewhere else and maybe 30 dancing people could fit.

--
Friendship, Unity, Caring, Kindness!
Tricky AB Yeah I heard about this from another source...man that sucks...I seriously wonder how they'll pull it off...

DJ Saiyan easy.
next to no sound.
a tiny little table with the decks on it.
and like two lights.

and like 30 people in the room

sOOpertoMMy wow, another reason to not go :P hmmmmm, wut a huge disappointment

-{toMMy}-
Xphox Despite all the setbacks, I'll still be going.. If we don't support them now, what can we expect for next year?

Who care where it is, as long as your having fun!!

Plus, that means now I just get to be right next to the DJs :)

nrXic Indoor squash court? No, this has to be a joke.

www.mp3.com/nrxic
DJ Mouse the squash courts in our town centre are like 3 in one...as in 3 squash courts all next to each other and no wall separating any of them. if its like that for the stage then no worries,but only time will tell. annd then there's the problem with ventilation....

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
DJ Saiyan i can assure you this is no joke.

one of the people involved in running the hardcore stage is my source. i am not at liberty to divuldge who (as i dont want him getting in shit).

but trust me.
it IS on a squash court.

i'd like to hear silver's take on this.

silver The hardcore room at WEMF will be in some sort of squash court I have been told, I don't know how big or small... this was obviously not the original plan but due to the change of venue because of the non existent SARS issue that the US people (and their mothers) are scared about.... and the fact the local authorities have really made it difficult for the WEMF organizers to actually put on this event.

I have been told that the main stage will play different styles of music now so you will be able to wonder around the place and listen to hardcore in the main room and will not have to be in the same room all the time if your a hardcore freak.

Still I'm not letting these issues dampen my hardcore spirit for the event, it will be my first time in Canada so I'm really excited to play and I'm sure people will have a good time at the event. I think the fact you can now drive your car into the place and don't have to hike for a few miles will be good and I'm hoping the US and Canadian HappyHardcore.com crew will be in full force :)

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.
rezzna surely no ones stupid enough to do something that stupid, no matter how stupid they are....... i hope

"don't worry about it, if i were you i wouldn't remember me either"
pacman they'd probably save more money by just cancelling that room altogether...

Cornwalls Finest
JAREFOX I dunno...despite the many cuts to the hardcore tent/stage (squash court), I am still doing a maybe on WEMF this year. I usually go everyear. I would like to come see yah silver, as well as the toronto locals (they give it their all every year) but I am still not sure.

I don't think SARS is really an issue here. I think its that the original lineup was so amazing that once the cuts were announced a lot of hardcore heads were really felt...ooh...I dunno. I guess I would say they were "let down".

but I will say this. WEMF is WEMF. Its unlike anything I have ever been to in the world.

Cheers,

Jare Fox

"A day without dancing was a day wasted"
silver Yeah thats it... I want to see how Canadian's party!

it's all hardcore.
Tricky AB I'll still want to check it out though...it's iffy...but I guess I'm in for happy hardcore...

silver I'm playing the main room 10pm Friday see you all there :)

it's all hardcore.
DJ Mouse if only you could stream the whole show on happyhardcore.com radio.....

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
TweekiN Squash court.. WTF.. just close the arena or put it in the carpark or sumfin..

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!

It took 1.01 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page