Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Anabolic Frolic on HappyHardcore.com

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver I have been trying to convince Anabolic Frolic from HappyHourRadio and Hullabaloo to move his Real Audio show onto HappyHardcore.com's unlimited listeners 128k streams. I know some of your don't like Frolic for some reason but I believe him to be a big promoter of the hardcore sound and we would love to have him as a regular on HappyHardcore.com radio.

Due to legal reasons we can not simulcast. Also we can not offer an archive download of the show on HappyHardcore.com.

If the show is moved here are the benefits:
1. Live show.
2. 21k - 128k stream goodness!
3. Unlimited listeners!
4. Massive exposure.

So I'm putting it out to everyone on the internet, spread the word on this topic and sign here if you want to see Anabolic Frolic and HappyHourRadio on HappyHardcore.com Radio!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Exhile I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. Its a nice show to listen to even though the mixing is sometimes a bit dodgee

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
DJ STYLUS Any Live Hardcore Broadcast is always guna have its poor mix here and there, very rare to have a perfect set live.

Anabolic frolic aint one of my faves BUT he has got access to some great unreleased material so THUMBS UP!

--------------------------------------------------------
http://djstylus.2ya.com
Feel Free To MSN Message Me -
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------
djDMS I'm not the biggest of fans either but anything that increases HH.com's profile and brings in more people/listeners is always a good thing.

Just need to get him in the chat room now!!!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you
whispering IMHO anabolic has one of the best tracklistings, to me its important that the dj has same musical taste as mine, so i would like to hear some "live" sets from him, coz ive only heard the H2BH serie...

Simon I too am not the biggest fan of Frolic...however I'm also not blind.....and realise that:

a) a Live show is always a good thing imo
b) Frolic will attract....LOADS a listeners (i'm sure of this as he has promoted hhc quite well imo)
c) It will introduce a lot more people to hhc.com
d) we all know that the tidal-wave (tsunami) is coming, so let's give hardcore even more listeners/fans.

That's my views anyway .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
Dave Murray Im not there greatest fan either, but a live show, will be good, and deffo take in the listners.

*This is what makes me.....This is what i am!*
Lixx Don't. Frolic already has his own dig and personally I hate how his sound is seen as the North American sound. It's not. If you actually go to a party in the US it's always faster and harder than how slow-ass Frolic comes across. And even though the stream would be better quality, wouldn't it sound worse on your ears? lol

Putting my personal bias aside, I do like the fact that they archive their shows so when some unreleased material is played I can actually listen to it more than once. And as it's only real audio quality no one bitches about copyrights coz that, for one, would be stupid. We really don't have many outlets for new music at all so do think the show serves a purpose, but I don't see any reason to put it on this station.

Elysium A lot of "not the biggest fan"'s here. Oh come on. I think you're all just jealous that he made a lot of money of the H2BHC-series, and you didn't We could use someone like Frolic here in Sweden, cause the scene is definitely dead.

--
Friendship, Unity, Caring, Kindness!
milo it's like howard stern, some like it some don't , but the show brings listeners so stations broadcast it, it would be a good move for the site in a big way.

Silver, you should get an XM radio station

atomicb You didn't answer the most important question to me ... why isn't he? what reasons did he give?

fazza yeah bring it on! more listeners the better imo

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"
DJ Mouse the best bet is to balance big names with up and comers/lesser known dj's on the radio.we have plenty of the latter so bring in a big name. even if some ppl don't like frolic many others will, = more listeners and hits to the site. i'm not a lover of frolic but i'm all up for him appearing on your radio

--------------------------------------------------
"speeed ios a good subvstitute for accueracy"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
K-Hole aye, this will be cool, not a big fan myself but i would listen to it.

what came first the sh!tty drugs or the sh!tty rave music!
toxic Sounds like a good idea.

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Comet I love it. The first online hardcore show I heard was theirs. Opened me up the the world of hardcore. I HIGHLY recommend it! And can't wait!

-----------
"Cheez-It; Get your own box."
Cappy I think its a pretty good idea, Id listen.

I am the empty milk carton after the peanut butter sandwich.
BAD_WES Ok, i made a post, and then delted it because i am an idiot and mentioned similcasting.... I dont know its because i played hockey for the first time in 2 months and i am sore as hell and i took to many painkillers. Umm, would it be possible for him to save his archive and keep it on his site after he plays live on yours?

When I post, i shoud really be sleeping.
DVDA I saw A.F. play live here in Calgary, and I think the highlight of the set was when he brought in the new track and went to fade it out and forgott which track he brought in. So he cut out to silence. 90% of the kids were soo stoned they just clapped, but the rest of us pointed, laughed and boo'd. Great times.

Lixx: yeah I totally agree. Any partyz up here in Canada are all fast assed hard hhc. H2BHC actually turned a lot of people off from admitting that they like hhc at partys, or even dancing to it for that matter.

Kasper Klez I don't see Frolic as representative of the North American HHC sound (i'd leave that to the guys on http://www.sonicfury.net ), I see him as representative of his OWN sound, which although not always what I'm in the mood for is definately not bad. That's the great thing about music - there's no true good or bad, we all just have our opinions.

We're bringing Silver1 down to Ottawa for our next rave, I'll talk to him about moving HappyHour to happyhardcore.com and see what he says, and report back.

Peace
Klez

-----
Kasper Klez
Sonic Disembowler and Freelance Babysitter
http://www.slammervirus.net
------
Splix Yeah it should be pretty good.

<<<<<S>>>>>
<<<<<P>>>>>
<<<<<L>>>>>
<<<<<I>>>>>
<<<<<X>>>>>
Comet I found this awhile ago on the forums.. interesting.

http://www.anabolic-frolic.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1670

-----------
silver "I don't think so.. Even though I saw Chapter 7 being played on there..... damn rippers!"

Dude I can show you my bill from HMV if you want to, Moonshine were too cheap to send me a promo copy even though a MasterWax track is on te CD.

We are a fully licenced radio station and pay all RIAA royalities so just the same way it is legal for a radio station to play Happy2BHardcore so are we.

it's all hardcore.
Comet Well.. first of all, that post was awhile ago. Second of all, I thought since Ari owns di.fm, he has to own every song played on it. Sorry if it sounded the wrong way.

-----------
silver Actually the difference between owning the track and broadcasting the track are different. This comes down to publishing and sales commission which are different things, the RIAA is only concerned about publishing rights just like regular radio.

it's all hardcore.
Bezze happy hour radio isnt about massive listeners, its about exposing the music that is sent to them. Its a experimental/promotional show! If the show here i just dont think it would be as good as it is now.

VERY BAD IDEA!

Pie...yes pie is good, but i myself do not like PIE...btw Why does wood get so hard?
Midway_raver Wudnt it be better if the 2 shows were kept seperate because then you have 2 different shows to choose between...more variety:D

Maybe sum new ideas for the hhc.com radio shud b fort up, maybe a mix a week/month from each member who submits one? Or live shows from events etc etc?

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
kg4 how does frolic feel about moving to hhc.com ?

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...
breathe
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
it's like howard stern, some like it some don't , but the show brings listeners so stations broadcast it, it would be a good move for the site in a big way.

Silver, you should get an XM radio station

haaa ahahahaha aaaaa aa aahaha , anabolic frolic was compared to Howard Stern.. Both equally retarded but they both know how to market themselves regardless of how mindless their message...lmfao@ both

you need anabolic frolic in here like you need howard stern doin live hc sets

throw your television out the window now!!! youll thank my in the end..
AlwaysHappy I think it's an ok idea, doesn't really matter either way.
What bothers me is the number of people here badmouthing another dj, great way to further the scene folks!
It's all just Hardcore.

Comet Great first post AlwaysHappy! :) I totally agree with you. No one deserves to be publically beaten up. Every DJ deserves to be respected. Especially Chris because he practically brought hardcore into the North America. He also was the one to actually inspire me to DJ.

-----------
breathe it wasnt necessarily a badmouth as a criticsm along both sides his marketing skills , as i said are remarkable but his mixing does NOT precede him.. there are many other djs that would be WAY more enjoyed , and deserved in here...

i realize i seemed harsh but i also have reasons for it however i sincerely apologize for leaking it onto a publuc board

throw your television out the window now!!! youll thank my in the end..
silver Frolic does not want to move to HappyHardcore.com Radio, which I think is unfortunate. He would get worldwide exposure on HappyHardcore.com 10 times larger than what he is doing now for all his activities.

His reasons are that he wants to do something himself which I can understand, I really started this topic so I could find out what other people thought on the matter, and perhaps show to Frolic that he is wanted on this radio station.

I don't hate Frolic at all, even though his web site and radio station are a direct competitor... I support anyone supporting the hardcore scene, I just want to promote hardcore to the world and Frolic on HappyHardcore.com is good for hardcore and Frolic.

it's all hardcore.
AlwaysHappy I agree that frolic's mixing may not be as good as some other DJs, I wouldn't argue that point, and I guess for an online show that holds higher priority for a lot of people. What I do know is that I've seen most of the big name djs, not all, but a lot, and in terms of the vibe a dj brings to a party I haven't seen anyone who does it better, so I guess I get pissed when I see people dogging anyone who supports hardcore(even if their reasoning may be valid) esp frolic cause he seems to get a lot of shit.
Wow that ended up a lot longer than planned!

Comet
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
I support anyone supporting the hardcore scene

Totally agreed! Thats the best statement I've heard.

-----------
Inferno I dunno about the vibe bit. I saw him at Hullabaloo, and I don't think it was actually Frolic himself bringing the vibe, the party was at it's peak, he played anthems, and of course "he's the reason this party is happening".

It doesn't seem like many of the people who listen to his show can really appreciate what -this- site is doing. They seem to think Anabolic Frolic is the only person promoting hardcore in North America.

Ah well.

AlwaysHappy When I mentioned the vibe bit, I was referring to when I saw him a week ago in California. I think this site has a kick ass radio station. I love this site in general, I spent hours scanning my record labels and sending them off to silver when he was building the record database. I'm glad that it's around, cause personally I can never get enough, so I'm always up for other people bringing the music.

Cassells do it!!!!!! frolic's amazing i go to almost every hulla screw all the haters!!! do it do it!!!!!!!!1

Happy2bBonkers anabolic frolic are top so cum on man get them streamin

HARDCORE IS BACK NOW THEY ALL WANT A PIECE OF US!(Happy2bBonkers)
atomicb While I do appricaite all the work you've done with this site, there is such a thing as becoming too big.

If this site became the only site you could go to for hardcore, and you're radio became the only decent on where you could stream hardcore, then that would be a problem. Leaving him where is he is suit me fine.. it means there is always another option, another point of view.

I'm sure that he wouldn't be so comftable having rules imposed on him for things.. like the way there's no longer any talking on the radio for example ( I really miss it!).

Just be happy with what u have. You're happy, he's happy.. everyone is .. sorta happy :P

Comet
quote:
Originally posted by atomicb:
I'm sure that he wouldn't be so comftable having rules imposed on him for things.. like the way there's no longer any talking on the radio for example ( I really miss it!).

THAT I really do miss.. I loved be able to tracklist songs and give more info about it. But I really liked the feeling that you can hear that the DJ is alive! :)

-----------
Dj FD So true, i love when silver does his bit at the end of a set and plays with the volume between words.

Oh and the tune that introduced me to HH was DJ flomo - rave children, thats probably old for you guys but I still love that song. I donno why but I felt like sharing that.

as for the topic at hand I feel that like totally sweet radio, it's best they be 2 different stations.

Kaffine I'm gonna have to say that this is a well wicked idea, though I've lost a tad o' respect for the guy over the years, his show is always a damn good time.

-dj h3o

All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your loving arms - watch out here I come!
silver Frolic will be on next weeks Totally Sweet Radio if anyone is interested.

__________ _ _ __________ _ _ __________ _ _ __________ _ _
Y Don't U get off your arse and get these tracks out instead...
Woxxy
quote:
Originally posted by Elysium:
A lot of "not the biggest fan"'s here. Oh come on. I think you're all just jealous that he made a lot of money of the H2BHC-series, and you didn't We could use someone like Frolic here in Sweden, cause the scene is definitely dead.

--
Friendship, Unity, Caring, Kindness!

Nah, the scene has never been this alive here in sweden, apprentice ;)
you have to irc more, then you'd know that there are alot of people on #happyhardcore @EFnet

Woxxy - The one and only
http://nettiapuri.net/robbery.php?n=Woxxy
quik334 id love to have frolic on here. Id like to watch it

"It's time to break away and nothins gonna stop me now.."
Sean Apollo not going to happen i dont think...

------------------------
"All Systems Go..Are you ready for the Hardcore?"
silver Frolic wants to do his own thing... that's cool... His shows are not very well produced anyway... the sounds levels for one... He even says that he does not take the show seriously and just plays around... again that's cool... but does not sound professional at all.

I have noticed he is now copying some of our features with the forum linking and stuff... oh well...

Is that a request to DDoS his site??

-=[ryg0r]=-
strychnine ^^ gawd you're a nasty sonuvabitch, aren't ya?

silver He does not want to work with anyone, I have tried to work with him on things to help promote hardcore but he wants to do it all himself. Fair enough he can do what he wants too... but from I have learnt in life is that it is better to partner with people that to compete with them.

------------------------
[[and all that jazz...]]<3xx odysee in 3D
Indy Tentman md-_-b Unlike a lot of you I'm PLUGGED into a Mac (IN MY MACGEAR j/j) at a University biblioteque, with tiny jogging discman headphones and feel like frolic is more peachy (in higher audio formats, cheers) than some of the acid stuff, for sitting around as I LOVE to dance and sweet up, I dance a full Chapter 5 but I love it slow and stompy then quick and sexy, and frolic does it for my sneaker pimping pimple free awres. let's make happyhardcore.com the number 1 internet radio station in the world!!! dd-_-b

Bam-Blizza!

Attack the dance floor like a bulldozer
Comet ...this post is a year old.

djsytronik **** me this guy must have gone through the archives a bit! lol

==============
DJ Sytronik

Global Frequency
www.gfradio.com
Every Monday 8pm-10pm

Drum And Bass N Hardcore In Da Place

It took 2.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page