Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 turntable or cd

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Seany I am wanting to start djing (have so for over a year :( ) and am not sure what to get , turntables or cddjay?

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Comet I HIGHLY recommend turntables. Not many places (only a few) have tunes on CD. Basically all the big names (except Quosh) have stuff only on vinyl. There are also alot more rare stuff on vinyl too that you can never find on CD. It's also alot more fun to mix with tables! More challenging!

ONLY get a CDJ if you plan on getting promos or produce your own tunes. Most DJs that use CDJ produce their own tunes and use the CDJ by means of promoting their latest stuff. You can also get unreleased tunes or even really old tunes on the Quosh Records site!

Hope that helped ya! Ask me if you need any more help!

__________ _ _ _
Hardcore 'till I die ..
Dave Murray Ok

1 - You have a dj name but aint started DJing ... Oh the sense

2 - If i was you i would start with turntables, CDJay are pretty expensive and not the easiest thing to work in teh world. ( My view anyway but have only started using one )

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
DJ Mouse i hardly think pushing a button that finds your pitch for you on the pc is dj-ing :P anyone can do that

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
Underloop ^^^^^ Everyone has to start somewhere.... and now he wants to do it properly.... don't be so hard on the chap

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"
DJ Mouse didn't mean to be harsh
but if you ask me starting on a pc gives you the whole wrong idea,to beatmatch you just click a button, A button. if you're a dj yourself you'll know where i'm coming from when i say it's a totally different kettle of fish when it comes to a deck/cd deck. it would probably throw you right off the idea of wanting to dj coz its so much more difficult.

only my POV tho :P discuss

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
Exhile Yeah go for vinyl mate. Much more fun. I have a cd deck now too which is a great addition but there arnt a lot of tunes on cd yet. Maybe in a few years time

Frank
Seany lol ,yes i know its just pressing a button ,thats just to like see the way that songs r mixed etc ,and yes ,as i said iv used my mates cd players n mixer n found it quite difficult but managed a couple of mixes :)

anyway ,i want to buy decks ,i see everyone saying DONT buy belt drive ,so i will get direct drives ,i dont want anything to serious incase its not for me ,but i love hhc n hc so much that i want to incorporate in it :P ,so what would you guys say is a good package for under 300

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Seany hey ,umm ive found a cheapish pair of decks on www.djkit.co.uk
theyre a pair of gemini xl 300's (direct drive) decks and i am wondering they are any good ,or should i go for numark tt1650 or something ,as i said most people warn you not to get belt drive so ... i shall get direct drive! any advice about the above or others!?

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Tricky AB Um...I had the Gemini XL 300's...they're poop...if you're looking for goot starting decks, then get the Numark TT 200's or the Gemini SA 600's...also look on ebay for good deals...

Seany what about the numark tt1650 ,well basicly all im asking is to be able to mix lol

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Seany ANYONE ???

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Seany hello ,anyone with advice??

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
silver Buy technics... if you can't afford them anything direct drive should be good enough.... All I can say is that technics is the best IMO... I have been blessed with the fact that 98% of my gigs have been on technics.

Seany lol ,i wish i could buy technics ,but anyway as all you djs say ,get direct drive i shall get them ,are gemini 300's direct drive ,i saw them and it said direct drive ,but iv seen them before and they havent been ,what would u reccoment numark,gemini or stanton?

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Seany umm ,what would be better out of these 4 packages

1:Stanton STR8 30 & DM950 (Direct Drive)

2:Numark TT 1650 & DM 950 (Direct Drive)

3:Stanton STR8 30 & SMX201 Mixer (Direct Drive)

4:Numark Battle Pack 2 (Direct Drive)

any advice?

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
weba_d I dont dj, im learning too I own a pioneer cdj and use a discman for deck 2 with a mixer. The reason is for me hardcore vinly around this area is as rare as a hardcore dj in Byron Bay so yeah unless i freight but to much $$.

I have used vinly a few times i like it but dont mind cdj as well you can do a much as vinly in differnet ways. Im wondering where the music is heading as far as cd or vinly, alot of big name dj's use cd.

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Comet
quote:
Originally posted by dj chiz:
yup,i dont wanna buy decks then they go out of fashion or people stop using them

Trust me.. they wont! ;)

__________ _ _ _
Hardcore 'till I die ..
Seany good! deckz it shall be

Happy Hardcore ForeVer
Seany but what decks out of those 4 at the top ,only want reply with the answer plz

Happy Hardcore ForeVer

Seany cmon please iv got till friday to decide what decks from the top of this page to pick! ,someone with great knowledge :) plz thanx

Happy Hardcore ForeVer

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page