Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 uplifting Vs. bouncey
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
thecrazyg

Australia
451 posts
thecrazyg has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  12:40:08  Show profile Send a private message
I have noticed that alot of the new hardcore (particularly stuff that hixxy etc plays) is not really happy hardcore at all.

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the difference in feeling from what i mentioned before which is like uplifting trancey stuff, compared to the happy/bouncey stuff?

In a way i think that although these upligfting sounds arent angry (obviously) they are not happyhardcore. Happyhardcore to me is about bouncing and joy, not being picked up from lows by uplifting sounds but just bouncing uncontrollably.

Another is that the vocals are not happy enough anymore . . . they are more like pop vocals. Happyhardcore used to have a defined sound and I would like to see the directions change a bit to take up more bounce and less trance! (obviously people like this trancey uplifting stuff . . i like it too actually! It just isn't happy hardcore to me)

what does everyone else here reckon?

ANybody wanna donate some cash to the "Turntables for Gav fund?" ~ If you don't, you could be to blame for the demise of happy hardcore!

Alert moderator
Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  14:29:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
haha ,Happy Hardcore has been gone for quite a while ,But with some producers still making good old stuff ,Like The Raw Elements label ,Indiscriminate ,KF etc.

Its not meant to Really meant to be Happy hardcore...Just hardcore...

PS: Some people call Breeze and Styles's stuff the new happy hardcore ,but it isnt really :\ .Dont think it will come back because it Wont ,except for producers like me....hahaha ,Just kidding .

PS2:Its pretty hard to explain over this ,I'd rather slap you for thinking the stuff released today was "Happy" Hardcore...Heh.

"Its An Oral Show ,We have Oral fixations"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Seany on 2004/01/01 14:33:16
DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  15:19:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage
welcome to the world of freeform

well I, I will, I will hardcore

hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  19:38:34  Show profile  Send a private message
just a little thing from me now... HOW can this site justify being called Happyhardcore.com when all you lot talk about is the new stuff (nu-hardcore) and bonkers 8 to 12...

if this site was a happyhardcore website we would all be talking about albums like Bonkers 1 to 3 and Thunderdome 8 to 15
and Happy2BHardcore oldies.

I myself prefur the 95/96 sound! and i WISH it came back but it's no hope coz when that Hixxy gets in his wretched studio - you know what's on his mind "I'll think I'll do some trance infuenced tunes coz that's what everone likes" wrong hixxy! i don't like it!

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  19:39:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
We dont just talk about new stuff .Silver has said he would have www.hardcore.com. If he could ,but for other reasons he cant. heh

KinokoBoy

United States
465 posts
KinokoBoy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  23:18:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit KinokoBoy's homepage
The nu stuff is way better than the old stuff!!!

Bring Hardcore to Upstate New York!!!!

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  01:43:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
Next Joke .

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  06:36:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
hey, just as long as its hardcore! :)

"bring the hardest paddle you can find, and get ready to be spanked, you dirty dirty pigs.....yes yes?"

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  11:06:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
Everything grows, everything changes. If you don't like what's out there then get off your ass and make a track yourself. However I don't believe bouncy is gone. New Quosh is very, very bouncy; as are some Evo's and at least one track on Camel. (Drift is bouncy as ****!)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  14:45:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
HappyHardcore.com aint just Happy Hardcore music... we are all forms of hardcore and have always been that way.

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  15:03:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
And ent that lovely

----------------------------------------------------------

Find all my mixes at www.intenseradio.co.uk

Frank

pre

United Kingdom
127 posts
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  18:07:28  Show profile  Send a private message
i agree that the new stuff is better than the old,but a reason for so many different opinions is that there are more labels offering a wider range of style..i tend too think of it all as 'hardcore breakbeat' myself...pre

phazer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  18:50:36  Show profile  Send a private message
I think that we should remember that had it not been for producers like Hixxy creating what he did when he did then we wouldn't have much of a scene to discuss. Back in 96/97 and 98 it was absolutely shocking a lot of the time, 98 was even worse, and the birth of raverbaby gave it a new direction with early promos at he beginning of 2000 roughly. I love the freeform sound as well. however people should really check out what kniteforce are doing www.kniteforce.co.uk with artists like Pancea fusing DnB with hardcore to bring what i am calling Drumcore. This is the future- mashing up all styles in a mix. Watch out for a drumcore set in Bristol around feb and come have a listen if u are interested

((_-¬ N E ONE GOT N E VERAS??? LAAAAVLY! ¬-_))

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  19:03:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
Shocking.....I think not!...

number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2004/01/02 :  19:12:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hooverlover:
coz when that Hixxy gets in his wretched studio - you know what's on his mind "I'll think I'll do some trance infuenced tunes coz that's what everone likes" wrong hixxy! i don't like it!

Christ I'm just about to defend Hixxy, whats the world coming to.....

Hixxy has been a fan of Trance for quite a while I think you'll find, he doesn't make it like this cause people like it, he makes it like this because he likes it! Have you heard a Hixxy Trance set? ****ing blinding by the way 8)

-------------------------
Living on my planet is so easy, there is peace, there is love and there is Ecstacy :D

www.leeds-cruise.co.uk - Cruising is not a crime, owning a Nova should be....

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page