Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Abolish the post count?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
K-Hole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,098 posts
K-Hole has donated money to the site K-Hole has attended 52 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  16:05:57  Show profile Send a private message
Just a suggestion, but it seems some people on here, just seem to be posting to get there post count up, just look in general discussion, chat room style conversation's going on, nothing like how it used to be.

Would getting rid of the post count stop people from spamming? if no one can see there post count, whats the point in making it bigger?

Remember its all about quality not quanity.

-----------------
irc.di.fm
#hardcore

K-Hole
Freeform Til I DIE!

Alert moderator

Edited by - K-Hole on 2004/06/17 16:07:49
Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  16:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
**** no!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  16:30:44  Show profile  Send a private message
Yep good idea there is more than a few people on here just posts absolutle stupid posts / topics to get there post count up.

I mean it seems that people are more into posting shit topics like "fav drink" "fav food" etc to get there post count up.

Get back the good old days ... Get back strychnine.

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
capone13 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  16:49:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
Dave mate, i'm not trying to get my post count up by posting "stupid posts" like you say I am. I feel since i've been here that I have posted a lot of worthwhile topics to get the posts I have at the moment. I don't give a f*ck how many posts I get, it just gives people the option to give their views.

The fave drinks thread seems to be pretty popular, so if it was stupid nobody would reply to it!!

DJ J-me

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  16:50:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
Well some of the newbies post stuff that is intresting to read IMO, eventhough it may be classified as spam. But theres alot of crap too.

Also i think its only a few that post to boost their post count, so its no point taking the post count off. There are other ways to deal with that. Silver can take the posts from one person, he has done it before and will do it again (if necessary).

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  18:00:47  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
Dave mate, i'm not trying to get my post count up by posting "stupid posts" like you say I am. I feel since i've been here that I have posted a lot of worthwhile topics to get the posts I have at the moment. I don't give a f*ck how many posts I get, it just gives people the option to give their views.

The fave drinks thread seems to be pretty popular, so if it was stupid nobody would reply to it!!

DJ J-me

I didnt say you. I know you have posted alot of usefull info on CD's etc which i respect cause it savings me looking for them so i can continue and be lazy. But other people have just posted crap topics to which instead of letting die they keeping replying so it keeps getting as an "Active Topic"

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  18:36:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
Well some of the newbies post stuff that is intresting to read IMO, eventhough it may be classified as spam. But theres alot of crap too.

Also i think its only a few that post to boost their post count, so its no point taking the post count off. There are other ways to deal with that. Silver can take the posts from one person, he has done it before and will do it again (if necessary).

Who did he do it too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  18:38:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smilee:
Who did he do it too?

I dont remember who it was that had -1000 posts
Also he took about 100 posts from Steve C coz of spamming.

Edited by - whispering on 2004/06/17 18:39:05
Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  21:48:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
It also happened to Northants D&B, but he has since changed his username several times.

"I'm not a prisoner, I'm a free man,
And my blood is my own,
I'm not a number, I'm a free man,
I'll live my life how I want to!"

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  21:54:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
i was thinking about this all - abuot the post counts, and if it is because people want to boost they're numbers just to get stars. then a simple answer could be... comprimise

basically - take away the post counts completly
and replace it with a star count of how long you have been a member - not how many posts you've made. that way, regulars/old timers will still have they're stars, and the only way for newbies to go up the food chain would be for them to stay, and posting wouldnt make any differnce...

just an idea

http://www.dj-triquatra.com
Uhh, negative, I am a meat popsicle

Shade0

United Kingdom
456 posts

2 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  22:17:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shade0's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i was thinking about this all - abuot the post counts, and if it is because people want to boost they're numbers just to get stars. then a simple answer could be... comprimise

basically - take away the post counts completly
and replace it with a star count of how long you have been a member - not how many posts you've made. that way, regulars/old timers will still have they're stars, and the only way for newbies to go up the food chain would be for them to stay, and posting wouldnt make any differnce...

just an idea

likie the idea, however, im sure some people have account that they've not used in ages, and have about 1 post, its not a fair way of tracking.. Possibly an activity count, i in the active users screen there is a time count. Why not collectively count that..

Chris.SHADE

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  22:24:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
hmm, i would think activeity count would have the same effect as a post count

Shade0

United Kingdom
456 posts

2 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  22:33:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shade0's homepage
to an extent maybe, if people stayed online i guess. In all honesty i dont think you can do much. Short of someone moderating the quality of your posts? Too much though.

Chris.SHADE

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  22:35:07  Show profile  Send a private message
Put it this way if silver stops the post count i can guarentee some people will stop posting.

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  22:42:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
LOL ,All the members would dissapear.

Shade0

United Kingdom
456 posts

2 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  22:56:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shade0's homepage
i think it would stop some of the dump postings yeah. What about nominating members for promotion through the ranks. Because some people make damn good contributions and they deserve their status

Chris.SHADE

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page