Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 1st hhc experience?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ladd

United States
74 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  12:06:40  Show profile Send a private message
just curious about where you all first heard hhc, or how you all got into it?

i was raving about seven or eight years ago here in tucson, az, and first heard it around 93 or 94 i think. instantly fell in luv with it!

calm water run deep,
turbulent waters run deeper.

Alert moderator
DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  15:02:03  Show profile  Send a private message
It all started for me with jungle, i started to get into it when it came onto the scene here. One day a friend of mine lent me a DJ Hype tape with some Dougal on the other side. I listened to it and instantly it hit me, since then i bought loads of HHC, started to go to raves and just lately DJing. I know for sure that i will stay in the scene till i die.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  17:03:22  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey, you partied in Tucson, cool! You know Matt McCoy? Or Fritz? How is the scene there now a days?

ladd

United States
74 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  18:32:35  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah, im definitely an old skool kandie kid. =o) matt mccoy actually left tucson awhile ago, but i think he came back and did a rave last april. he's awesome! hehe and my friend (dj psydel), is with the same group fritz is in. . . but fritz has just been doing the club thing lately i think.

tucson's rave scene USED to be great! but starting early 99 it blew up in popularity and the whole scene was flipped over. most of the old dj's (matt. . . dreamgirl) either quit all together or moved on to bigger cities. but i guess a trade off is that we've been getting really famous/mainstream groups that we wouldn't have gotten before. . . like atb, paul okenfold, etc.

so the scene is bigger, more mainstream now. . . ill probably always think that it was best in the beginning, but its not bad now. just a lot different =o)

have u ever been to an az party soren?

calm water run deep,
turbulent waters run deeper.

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  22:32:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
the first hhc i ever heard was some of the older blumchen stuff...a freind of mine had a cd and made me a copy. ive been hooked ever since!

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  09:16:11  Show profile  Send a private message
Cool Ladd, I have some other AZ questions, but I don't wanna fill the board with them so if you wanna, email me @

[email protected]

Mikie
Starting Member

Canada
4 posts
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  10:02:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mikie's homepage
close ot 4 years ago when Anabolic Frolic realesased his first of 5 Happy 2b Hardcore series.

Living up north in a rural town we didin't have a great selection on electronica or dance to begin with and Napster wasin't around... got intrested in the high beats and awesome vocals ..

thoguth I'd tyr out the rave scene for myself 2.5 years ago in Toronto.. and since then I
ve been a cnady kid.. well.. not as much as I was but I'll always will be on in my heart :)

Rotis

Sweden
129 posts
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  10:03:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rotis's homepage
I first started listening to Dune... Some months after I bought the dune records tI accidently surfed into happyhardcore.net.. and you know how happyhardcore.net was before (what happend to it BTW?). =)

Then I somehow got my hands on Happy Hardcore 7 from ID&T (great record.. one of the best!) and after that Happy Hardcore owned me.

*cheers*

Hardcore will never die!

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  10:50:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
A mate lent me DJ Sy's Club Kinetic VOl.III mix about 5/6 years ago. I've been hooked ever since!

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  11:52:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
A friend of mine use to buy every rap CD that ever came out back about 1990-1991, but living in Australia at the time to buy the rap CD's he had to goto a special import store in the city (Central Station records), anyway I like of liked one of the rap CD's that he had so I went with him to the store to check it out, I went in all found this really early dance stuff, like old breatbeaty stuff and cheesy commerical dance, then I found Ultrasonic and a few import complication CD's... dunno who they are by or what... something like that for me at least.

Fuzz

United States
62 posts
Posted - 2001/04/05 :  01:37:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fuzz's homepage
Living in Bumble**** USA, my first HHC experience was in '96-'97 with NIMH at a party up here. Never even knew the stuff existed before that, and didn't even know how to describe it to my friends (since I had no Idea what the styyle was called). Even for the longest time I thought that the set I had heard was played by another DJ.... eventually it got sorted out in my head and I was a HHC junky :P

-----------------------
"...For instance, if Pac-man affected kids growing up in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."
---------------------

"...For instance, if Pac-man affected kids growing up in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."
---------------------

jihiggs
Starting Member

United States
11 posts
Posted - 2001/04/09 :  02:26:25  Show profile  Send a private message
the first time i had heard happy i had never heard of a rave. it was happy2bhardcore ch. 1. i was amazed at how fast the music was, i thought i would go into a seziure! lol. the first rave i went to was put on by subsonic in some little club like place. i didnt know what to think of all the people wearing huge pants and hundereds of flourecent beads. jumping up and down to this insane music, strobe lights and lasers all over the room, what i was feeling has to be the closest thing to an acid trip you can get without actually dropping. simon apex played around 2 am i think, i had been chilling outside listening to some mellow breaks played by jimmy zimms. then my freind told me that simon was going to spin in a couple min. he started some song, i have no idea what it was and he started mcing himself. it was quite funny, he was VERY drunk hehehehe. the rest of the night was a blur, billy lane (b-side) played some of the hardest jungle i can remember ever hearing.

you show me... eternity

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/09 :  08:23:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
::giggles::
its always entertaining to watch a drunk simon try to mc
"HARRRRRRRDCORRRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!"
hahahaha!

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

Shinxy

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2001/04/09 :  18:39:07  Show profile  Send a private message
Hmm... when I was like 10 my friend had gone to Iran for the summer and had gone to some all ages clubs there. He got instantly hooked onto club music, turned us all onto it. Another friend of mine got into the harder stuff, and got the first Happy2BHardcore comp on tape. I listened to it, liked it, but was a little weirded out (was 10 at the time...) Both friends moved away, and I knew jack about techno, so I was pretty much saddled with pop and euro type comps. Cut to five years later, when I got broadband, listened to a ton of net radio and napster. Searching on napster one day, out of curiosity, I typed in Happy2BHardcore to see if I could find that blast from the past. What I discovered simultaneously blew my mind and got me wanting more. Which is where you find me now.

"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill."
-Robert Anton Wilson, "Werewolf Bridge"

IAmSanchio
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2001/04/10 :  07:48:03  Show profile  Send a private message
I Was Listenin 2 The Radio 1 Night Then On Comes Nakatomi - Children Of The Night was gr8 loved HH ever since.

Jason Waz Here But Now hes Gone hes Left This Post 2 carry On!

Kvetinka
Starting Member

Germany
15 posts
Posted - 2002/12/30 :  04:03:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kvetinka's homepage
I am from Germany and i began with Blümchen Herz an Herz. i could not wait to visit her live concerts in Germany. Then I was told by an American friend that this style is happycore.

Kvetinka

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tempest:
the first hhc i ever heard was some of the older blumchen stuff...a freind of mine had a cd and made me a copy. ive been hooked ever since!

-Steven Wright

Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page