Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 New Orleans Bust
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  23:37:29  Show profile Send a private message
This is mostly just for US ppls since the result wont effect anyone else, but here's the story:

A few months ago a party in New Orleans got busted and the promoters got arrested for throwing the party. They got arrested under the new "Crack House" law (Yes that's what it's called). It states essentially that if you provide a venue with the pre-hand knowledge that there will be drugs at the venue that you as a promoter are then responsible for the dealing that occurs at the venue. Hence if the cops find drugs at a party it becomes the promoter that is responsible for dealing them and he/she can get arrested.

Now this makes no sense and stomps all over our rights, but hey the governments of the world don't really care about the ppl in the world so whatever. This goes to trial in a few months and if the promoters are found guilty it will set a precidence for all the DA's and cops around the US to raid every rave, find drugs, arrest all the promoters, and shut down raves by throwing all the promoters in jail for "dealing".

Now this sucks, and the ACLU is working on getting a good defense together and getting this thrown out as a violation of the constitution. They are gathering specific examples of "profiliing" and mass discrimination on part of the cops and DEA against ravers/raves and I think the odds of these ppl actually being found guilty is about 1%. But watch out!!! Cause it looks like to government is not giving up that easliy ^_^

Alert moderator
DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/07 :  07:57:07  Show profile  Send a private message
The police in this country (UK) has decided to crack down on drug use in clubs etc. For a change they are concentrating on the big commercial clubs and not underground raves (cool), lets see how long that lasts. Well last week the police did an undercover op i the club and found that it was easy to obtain drugs and closed the club instantly, ( the club has only been goin just over a year). I just hope our government doesnt use that new US law.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/07 :  11:18:57  Show profile  Send a private message
I live in Boston and there are NO raves in Boston any more. So now they are starting to go after the clubs here also. It's pretty stinky!!! Here what they did was decide that water bottles and glow sticks=Ecstacy so the clubs are all still open but they have all banned water bottles and glow sticks. I actually got yelled at by a bouncer for breaking out glow sticks at a techno club, it was lame. And now if you want water you pay your 3-5 bucks and they get the bottle and dump half of it into an 8 oz cup and give you the cup. It sucks. But I am kinda lucky cause none of the clubs here are any good so I just travel to other places and go to raves ^_^

Have they made the Glow stick/water bottle/Ecstacy connection in Europe or any where else?

ladd

United States
74 posts
Posted - 2001/04/12 :  10:03:37  Show profile  Send a private message
tucson has escaped really restrictive laws so far. . . altho a rave last year was supposed to be held at the County Fair Grounds, and at the last moment, the country said that the party could not be thrown. since there were some huge names coming, the promoters moved it out to the desert, but i think it flopped cuz the closest place they could find was like WAY far away. so the promoters sued the county for not giving them enough notice, and i think its still in court (altho it probably won't go anywhere).

i think the county did it in response to all the publicity after that national news program aired the "evil raves in phx" story. right after that, cops made a huge presence in az raves for awhile, but from what i can tell its dying down a lot. it helps too that promoters here are trying their best to cooperate with the county to make sure everyone is happy.

odayakana mizu no nagare wa ****i.

Edited by - ladd on 12 Apr 2001 10:06:54

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/12 :  22:17:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Ladd: the same thing happened at a party I played at in Australia. The venue was the town hall but 1 day before the party the city said no you can't use it and gave them a different venue. The following week the promotor sued the city and won!

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/05/01 :  23:32:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

Ladd: the same thing happened at a party I played at in Australia. The venue was the town hall but 1 day before the party the city said no you can't use it and gave them a different venue. The following week the promotor sued the city and won!

How much money did they get in compensation?

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/01 :  23:48:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
No idea on money figures.

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page