Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Why is Happy Hardcore hated??
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
apc_azmodian_apc
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2002/01/25 :  08:05:49  Show profile Send a private message  Visit apc_azmodian_apc's homepage
Hi I'm new to the genre only about a year of truly understanding what it is. Before it was all techno. I have told people I know that I like happy hardcore and they instantly lose any respect they had for me why is this??? I also would like to know what a candy raver is? thnx peace out yall!

Ryan Thornton

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/01/25 :  09:10:08  Show profile  Send a private message
they loose respect for you because everyone (for the most part) are jaded stuck up wankers because they think their (whatever that may be) music is better than ours. I personally could give a rats' @$$ about these type of people because as we all know, hardcore is the best =P

Every where you go you are going to find people like this. Usually whenver I'll play you'll find people that love it, and people that despise and loathe it. Usually the people that loathe it never really give it a chance in the first place. I've always suggested to these people that they give it a listen, usually they will slof me off, but on occasion i'll get a few heads turned. I personally think that you shouldn't try and foce the idea of them listening to it, because then they will only talk more shit about you =P

Just let people be people, because one thing we are good at is war.

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
evangelion

United States
91 posts
Posted - 2002/01/26 :  21:46:21  Show profile  Send a private message
^^ Amen!

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/01/27 :  00:51:44  Show profile  Send a private message
Ur lucky in the US at least ur scene is growing here in the UK it seems to b small as ever tho Old skool is being played alot now,Sum1 mentioned it on anuva post but what needs to happen is teh big name sneed to start doing hardcore agen (happy hardcore) i.e slipmatt etc, plus helter skelter and teh such liek need to put on more events to kik start teh scene , it feels a bit stagnated even with all the new releases./ Peopel ove rhere seem to lose respect for hardcore cozit aint popular even tho there beloved hard house has more hardcore rips than anything, People also ove rhere se eit as "kids" music n think that when u start growing up u shud liek "seriosu" music liek house or trance n stuff, but as long as theres till events fcuke m i'll go n enjoy myself why they go to there clubs n stand @ the twatin bar all nite "putting out teh vibe" on the pull......n i'll jst av a fcukin gr8 time n laff @ em!

go too the flow where the E wil rush me ooooooohhh Rush me.....e rush me...go to the flow where the e will rush me..rush me nicely.

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2002/01/27 :  05:33:25  Show profile  Send a private message
its cos it aint popular...so ppl obviously cant like a different music 2 their friends...grrr! sumtimes its just not peoples kinda thing which is fair enuff, but sum people are so narrow minded they cant open up their eyes 2 sumthin different, oh well their loss...!:)

go 2 candykids.net if ya wanna c what a candy raver is! :P

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

Duckie
Starting Member

United States
5 posts
Posted - 2002/01/27 :  08:26:57  Show profile  Send a private message
I dont get it either..i luv happycore its fun and enerjetic..however we are finally starting to get some hardcore representation, i loooove hardcore- and happy hardcore the "happines" to it just makes it fun..ppl are so judgemental of music nowadays...geeze i remember when everyone hated jungle because it wasnt real "big" down here..but now the jungle scene is exploding..so its gonna take its time but i think eventually hardcore, and happyhardcore will explode in "the scene"...another thing ppl hate about it is that they associate it with candy-ravers, and automaically associate candy kids with e*tards..the drug problem at raves is not because of candy kids..people are going to take drugs wether they want to or not, not because they wear plastic beads..and its not only the candy kids getting messed up at parties..the big problem with the scene is the not understanding other types of music or ppl..and of course the hypocrts out there that need to blame someone or something for the "fall of the scene"..im sorry but the scene is very much alive for me, and as long as me and my friends are having a kick ass time the scene will always be alive-it is what you make of it..

I always wanted to be a procrastinator...

Keep it real, keep it happy, keep it hardcore..

AIM: Duckie12784

Keep it real, keep it happy, keep it hardcore..

AIM: Duckie12784

wal2k1
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/01/27 :  09:52:55  Show profile  Send a private message
I no it's the same everywhere people need to stop takin it so seriously and realise that if it gets your heart racing it's gotta be a good thing!
Rave on

A smith

infrared
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  13:42:08  Show profile  Send a private message
wal2k1 you speak my language - i confess i dont play hardcore and mainly listen to drum and bass but its like this nothin gets you heart racing like hardcore does nothing else comes close. the d&b vibe is argueably as good but just totally different more soulful probably, but beleive me as the old sayin goes harcore will never die, it's time has yet to come, especially if things are growin in the states somethin i was totally unaware of,

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  18:34:35  Show profile  Send a private message
For some people the music that they listen to makes them cool.. for whatever reasons. Those people are very scared to listen to new styles (or in this case old styles) and different music. I think if a certain style of music makes you feel great then it doesnt matter if your mates like it or the cool kids that hang out at the local [insert hangout place here] like it.

I have had bad experiences telling people that i like happy hardcore. Especially because everyone knows me in person as a nuskool breakbeat dj so as soon as i mention happy hard not only do they loose respect for me but also assume i couldnt possibly know anything or be an "authority" in the breaks scene.

Another reason being that some people tend to associate the cheesyness with being gay. I feel that even though some happy hardcore is incredibly cheesy its more than just happy vocals.. its the only style that can be fun/cheesy/stupid yet uplifting at the same time.
-Lusive

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy

Frompy
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2002/02/02 :  00:57:45  Show profile  Send a private message
I might have said this before, somewhere else, but I'll say it again. There are a lot of things that we strive for the "outsiders" of the ENTIRE electronica scene to understand, but first unity must be achieved within.

Oro?!

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/02/02 :  01:09:35  Show profile  Send a private message
very true.

and at the same time you dont really love music if you only (ONLY) like one particular style and that style only.

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

kayleigh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  04:06:22  Show profile  Send a private message
hey! i know im new on the scene but i totaly agree,wen i first moved to a new town i didnt know about happy hardcore(i was young and all) and i didnt like it ,a few of da lasses here thought i was wierd or suming cos i didnt know of it but i gave it a try and i liked it more and more!! now i cant get enough i luv to sing and would luv to do som work with dj's wen im older i guess wat im tryin to say is sumtimes its different in different places and different upbringings and backrounds like diff things i suppose!!but give it a try its not gonna bite ya is it if ya dont like you daont its that type of music i luv all kinds but this really gets me goin and racin!!
xxkayleighxx

kmbrown

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  04:30:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Yeah I dunno why everytime I mention HHC to someone around here they just laugh and try to take the pi*s and half the time if I say to them what is hardcore then they don't have a clue what it is but there also not interested in giving it a listen either. What s wrong with these people?

Sy.

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  04:39:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sy:
What s wrong with these people?

They suck and they deserve whatever crap they listen to, at least that's what I think
-Lixx

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  05:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
I think your right Lixx.
Your usually right on HappyHardcore.com's forum aren't you!!!!!!

Sy.

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  06:20:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
I think it's funny when I'll talk to a hardcore junglist who tells me they hate happy hardcore..and i tell them I love happy hardcore..and then to watch them laugh..but then i always have to shut them up and explain to them that there's PLENTY of happycore tracks with drum & bass samples in them, happycore and drum & bass are very closely related and fun to mix with...I've yet to have a self proclaimed hardcore junglist argue that fact with me...they ususally just shut up, and walk away..hehe :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page