Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 recording into the computer
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/27 :  16:25:43  Show profile Send a private message
I cant seem to figure out how to record a set straight onto my computer... its real frustrating...

I have my tables hooked into a reciever, and the reciever hooked into the computer, and i have Roxio easy cd creator 5 to record it... but in the dropdown menu to select what source you want to record from, it only lists the little microphone that is built into my monitor... its pissin me off

any help?

"We'll always be together, forever for it seems. We'll always be together in electric dreams. "

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/27 :  16:36:14  Show profile  Send a private message
get soundforge from somewhere like kazaa,then get a crack for it. if the worst comes to the worst then i've got them here but it's over 20mb in size.

surely you've got a little yellow speaker on the system tray? (the bit next to the clock) double click that,then go to options\properties\adjust volume for recording then set it to line in,plug the mixer from the record output to the line in on your soundcard and voila

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/27 :  16:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
thanks, lemme try that:)

"We'll always be together, forever for it seems. We'll always be together in electric dreams. "

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/27 :  17:06:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
what does sound forge do... can i record it without DLing that?

edit::
i got it to work, thanks for the help:)

Edited by - kg4 on 2002/04/27 17:12:50
djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/05/12 :  09:56:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
Ok here is my problem. HOW DO YOU PLUG YOUR TURNTABLES INTO YOUR COMPUTER? I would really like to know I just bought a copy of electronic musican and it said webcasting made easy. Ya right more like Webcasting made harder then it really is. Plus it doesn't tell you how to hook up your turntables. Some Help?

A little Happy never hurt anybody!

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/12 :  10:30:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
well.... first you need one of those cords that go from the 2(or 3) audio/visual jacks (they are red,yellow and white) into one plug, that plugs into the "sound in" jack in the back of your computer.

you plug in the colored plugs into your mixer... where it has the sound out (or whatever its called on yours), and then you take the plug at the end of the cord and put it into the sound in jack on the back of your computer

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  07:06:47  Show profile  Send a private message
Ditto on that. You need to read the specs on your sound card and figure out where the "ins" are located and what kind of ins your card has. then you need to go get cable converters to convert the RCA/XLR or whatever outs your mixer has to the "in" on your sound card :)

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/05/14 :  19:19:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
TY VERY MUCH! Where can I get one of these cables and about how much how they go for?

Love Monkey

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  02:03:41  Show profile  Send a private message
they're not difficult to come by. Try a few random electrical shops.

In the words of Ali G: "Give a man a compilation tape and he'll dance for a night. Teach a man to scratch, and he'll be dancing for generations!"

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  05:20:40  Show profile  Send a private message
Umm.. well first you need to figure out what cables your turntables and soundcard use. I assume your mixer has standard RCA outs right? Or are you just trying to plug a turntable directly into the soundcard? And what soundcard do you have? Let me know that and ill let you knwo what U need to buy and where to buy it :)

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  18:55:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
Ya I got RCA hook ups on my mixer. Can I just plug one of these cables into my microphone jack on my computer? So soren what do I need? :)

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/16 :  03:57:59  Show profile  Send a private message
ouch,stay away from the microphone input!!! most soundcards have a 20db boost on the mic input and if you plug the decks into that then you'll fry the soundcard. (i should know,i plugged the decks into the mic socket,turned off 20db then the pc crashed,after rebooting,me turning off 20db didn't register as default so when i played a tune i fried the mic input )

plug it in to the line in on your pc,record out on the mixer. the cable you need is a 3.5mm stereo jack into left and right rca sockets.

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Edited by - DJ Mouse on 2002/05/16 04:00:23
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/16 :  11:27:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
ps - the line-in should be right above the jack that your speakers on your computer plug into

kraz-e-kat
Starting Member

United States
9 posts
Posted - 2002/05/19 :  15:24:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kraz-e-kat's homepage
i use syntrillium software COOL EDIT PRO..its great, and easy. and also, when you make a mix that's say 60 minutes long, its easy to place markers and divide it into tracks to burn on a cd. lots of editing options also.

check out on kazaa or grokster or sumtin'

http://katpad.moonfruit.com

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  13:25:19  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey, sorry I didn't respond too fast, I was on vacation in New York. As mouse said you probably don't wanna use the Mic input. You should have a regular input though. Do you have a SoundBlaster? If so do you see 4 colored jacks on the back of it? :)

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/05/31 :  14:16:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
MY COMP SUCKS! I am going to buy a new one then figure all this out :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page