Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 lakota
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
bristolboy05 has attended 12 events
Posted - 2007/07/07 :  21:02:02  Show profile Send a private message
isit true dat lakota in bristol is shuttin down, ive herd a shit load of roumers but i dont no if its true or not.
aparently oxygen said dey aint takin nomore bookin after december, wich is shit cuz wheres delerium , oxygen and out da box gonna be now.

der is still castro's ta go 2 but it aint as good as lakota.

Alert moderator
DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/07/07 :  23:00:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
Sadly it seems it is, it's due to the fact that so many of the 'Retarded ravers' coming smashed out of their faces on Whizz, Charley, Bass ect that you end up ruining the toilets and on some occasions the Equipment. Also not to mention the fact that the club has had so many raids on it and fines due to Undercovers finding the A listed mess some people leave.
Being a regular DJ/Raver at this club i can say it's only them ravers that have there selfs to blame.

The cost of having the damage's repaired has brought the club to a % Fall in cash.

No doubt Delirium, Oxygen ect will be moving to maby Harry's or even to bristol, i've no information on that as they are only roumers. (any more info would be great to hear)

Cheers, Pure.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
Posted - 2007/07/08 :  16:55:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bristolboy05's homepage
yh but the last time i went was about 3 weeks ago n they got security walkin bout da place takin the drugz off ppl, i was in the toilet n he took a g off me just as i done a key lol.

der aint no fights down der or anyfin and yh fair enough the toilets are shit but u only go in there for a piss.

they just got new lightin and system put in inall so i dont fink its the matter of cash, fink hw much money dey make on 15 quid a peice and ur garentied about 1000 ravers in there on almost every event.
any1 got more info ?

Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Compulsion is verified hardcore artist Compulsion has attended 4 events
Posted - 2007/07/08 :  22:18:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:
Sadly it seems it is, it's due to the fact that so many of the 'Retarded ravers' coming smashed out of their faces on Whizz, Charley, Bass ect that you end up ruining the toilets and on some occasions the Equipment. Also not to mention the fact that the club has had so many raids on it and fines due to Undercovers finding the A listed mess some people leave.
Being a regular DJ/Raver at this club i can say it's only them ravers that have there selfs to blame.

The cost of having the damage's repaired has brought the club to a % Fall in cash.

No doubt Delirium, Oxygen ect will be moving to maby Harry's or even to bristol, i've no information on that as they are only roumers. (any more info would be great to hear)

Cheers, Pure.

I have no idea what your on about!

Ive been resident at the club for 7 years and I dont know who you are or why you are posting about this? it's possible closure has nothing to do with anything pre-mentioned by you!

As far as I know it has never been "raided" but the police have had to enter twice (that I remember) due to violence & they were very much isolated issues that were dealt with very quickly.

Drugs do not come into it and the system was a seperate issue (which might I add has been totally changed and is now a monster!) how do the ravers mess up a sound system? That comment makes no sence.

You say you are a regular DJ here, well ive never heard of you so im pretty sure you dont know all (if any) of the facts so please stop adding fuel to the fire.

And what do you mean by this comment "'Retarded ravers - i can say it's only them ravers that have there selfs to blame"? The clubs possible closure has NOTHING to do with ravers, & how can you call the people that you say you regually play out to retards? thats a horrid thing to say about anyone let alone the people that pay your wages and have put you where you are (if in fact you are a DJ) ? Stop speculating on things that you obviously have no idea about, it does nothing but confuse things and start silly rumours.

The area where lakota is (stokes croft) is undergoing massive re-generation due to the new shopping quater of the city, this is why certain buildings are closing, it has NOTHING to do with anything you have mentioned.

There has been no official words on the matter from lakota so for now, just get to the rave's held there and enjoy what time you do have left at this wicked venue!

:D

Paul C.

Ps - Dont forget The ashton court after party @ Lakota this saturday! seeya there !

Edited by - Compulsion on 2007/07/08 22:35:26
DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/07/08 :  22:53:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
Indeed, seems im wrong i apologies.

I'm a usually at wonky eye (lack of events since late 06'ish), Tho half of the event goers at Wonkey eye come from my local town it's no surprise that knowing most of the people in my age group from school i know what they do ect, that what i said above is a Chinese whisper sorry i didn't make that clear.

As for the retarded raver comment, i stand by it tho its aimed at the drug takers.

It seems to me that if you need a drug to make the night that much better and the music that much better, find a new style of music that does it naturally, I haven't used a drug nor do i plan to use a drug to make the night better, those who decided to take them can feel free to i don't care they like it they do it, i think it's stupid as many of the members on this site know.

Edited by - DJ-Pure on 2007/07/08 23:04:16
Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Posted - 2007/07/09 :  08:53:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage
No worries man, Just thought id clear it up and nip the rumour mill in the bud ;)

Say hello to the WonkeyEye peep's, not seen them in a while!

:D

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/07/09 :  18:15:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
No, i think we're going down now to be honest mate, Spuddy (if you know him) has left and Adger has run it to forms of 'Trouble' lol with the police, so have to see what happens.

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/07/16 :  06:22:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:

Err, isnt lakota in bristol?

jimbob squarepants

United Kingdom
476 posts

246 hardcore releases
jimbob squarepants has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/07/16 :  18:37:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimbob squarepants's homepage
havent been there for a while.

remember seeing scott brown & brisk b2b "the hardest set of their lives"

the mc ****ing ruined it.wouldnt shut up for 2 minutes

bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
Posted - 2007/08/04 :  20:37:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bristolboy05's homepage
orbit1 m8 u made dat floor bounce in lakota, ur set was stompin !!!
i fink dat was at (uproar - hard to da core 2)
all the events are being held at trinity road in easton, lol in a ****in church.
dts crazy shit takin drugz in gods house lyke.

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  00:23:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage
haha thanks man! I loved Bristol! I can't wait till I go back :)

That trinity road venue looks pretty cool, I heard it used to be an Arts centre?

Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  07:50:58  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage
Yeah it still is an art's center - big recording studio up there aswell from what im told!

It's not a church (altho it's disguised as one) it's a community center, awsome venue! Cant wait to see it decked out and full of ravers :D

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/08/07 :  18:40:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
Big up to St Pauls in Bristol

bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
Posted - 2007/08/08 :  14:18:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bristolboy05's homepage
saint pauls haha, big up da hartcliffe crew. reppin' bristol !!! lol

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/08/08 :  16:01:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bristolboy05:
saint pauls haha, big up da hartcliffe crew. reppin' bristol !!! lol

My mum used to live there a few years ago.

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/08/13 :  22:35:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
Great contribution to the conversation there, Above quote answer = Typo*

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page