Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 N00b needs some help......
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
PEPE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  11:24:15  Show profile Send a private message

Hi everyone, I was lookin around the other day and i came across this
http://www.planetdj.com/expanded_detail.tpl?cart=10240793781946110&sku=FIRST%20MIX%203.0&option=HOTSELLS i was wonderin what you all could tell me about it, I'm only 13 and I have never done anythin like this before.

Thanx

"Can you feel the fire burn as it takes control of you? There is no way you can turn there is nothin you can do.Your heart will never be free as it takes you high above, so baby come with me we can fly on the Power of Love"

Alert moderator

Edited by - PEPE on 2002/06/14 11:31:05
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  11:34:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
it cant be good.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  12:12:29  Show profile  Send a private message
PEPE, If you are serious about DJ'ing, I would suggest better turntables, something with direct drive and not belt drive (I prefer Technics). But if you aren't sure DJ'ing is something that you are going to stick with, then I'd get the package you are talking of. I have played on tables that are not great performers (the beats slip and you have to babysit your mix)and it can be very discouraging to a new DJ. With any DJ equipment the standard is quality first. You want your equipment to sound good, preform well and to your standards, while having fun mixing. Look around and find a good deal for the right price...you can always learn on these and upgrade later. Also play on diffrent tables as often as you can so that you can get the feel of diffrent brands. Some people don't like to play on certin tables, while others will only play on a certin brand. Now, the mixer...from personal exsperiance (others might disagree)...my first mixer was a Gemini Scratch Master...it has no bells and whistles, very basic. Having mixed on a basic mixer made me concentrate on my mixing skills and not on tweaking the sound to cover a bad mix. Since then I have upgraded to a Vestax PMC-07PRO. Headphones...I started with a pair of headphones that were about 10 years old and were made for listening to your stereo, since then I have also upgraded to SONY MDRV700DJ. I hope this little bit of info helps you out some. -Pandora

Dragalian

United States
306 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  14:46:28  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm just curious PEPE, do you have a job?

PANTS!!!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  15:40:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I like Numark TT's, they are good decks for a good price imo.

PEPE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/06/15 :  02:25:26  Show profile  Send a private message
Thanx everyone, 'specialy you Pandora but I still need more info
lol that looks cool....

"Can you feel the fire burn as it takes control of you? There is no way you can turn there is nothin you can do.Your heart will never be free as it takes you high above, so baby come with me we can fly on the Power of Love"

Edited by - PEPE on 2002/06/15 02:35:50

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page