Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hecttech Chapter One Review
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mc Joyrider

United Kingdom
35 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  07:26:12  Show profile Send a private message
Have just recieved Hecttech Chapter One in the post and thought I would post a review for those who may be thinking of buying it!

The hardcore featured is very much in the style of Hardcore Heaven 1, great base lines and rap samples. If you were expecting a trance style RaverBaby-esque record you will be shocked, this is certainly the Harder side of Hardcore.
The Mix by robbie Long & Coyote is great, very 'mashed up' and fresh, great use of rap samples and scratching, like some of Sy's old mixes.
CD 2 with 'In Effect' is mixed well but lacks enough stand out tunes.
Overall if you are looking for a Bonkers alternative, definately go and buy this! Slick packaging, very gothic, only spoiled by the truly terrible Hecttech logo(you might want to sort that out boyz.) A nice mix of tunes (even though I would have liked more vocal tracks) and some great mixing! The whole CD feels raw and fresh-big up Hecttech!!!

The Downside:
1. No individual Track id's, this means if you love track 15 you will have to scane through the whole CD to get to it. Bonkers 2 and Off Yer Nut 2000(a series which never seems to get mentioned on this page) suffer from the same annoying problem.
2. The lack of vocal tunes, great to have a Hardcore mix of Set You Free (I only have the 1991 Tom Wilson Fantazia version on a mix tape) and Morning Light. A free more vocal tracks would have lifted the CD, I don't think the Blaze track Crazy little Fingers would have spoiled the Hard Edge and it would have lifted the CD as a whole.

What do others think of the CD?

Bounce the base, bounce the base across the dance floor, bounce the base just a little bit more!!!

Alert moderator
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  18:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
well for starters crazy little fingers is not on hecttech records - it's on masterwax, so what makes you think they'd put it on the hecttech album??? maybe you mean nimrod - shine a light????

in response to your negative view of the lack of vocal tunes: everyone plays vocal tunes. if you want vocal tunes - go buy a different cd. robbie long & coyote and in effect are playing their own unique style which is represented by hecttech records. this is a sound of hardcore that many people like to hear!!!!! why push it back to the norm?? the best thing about hardcore this year is that it's pushing out and diversifying - i say keep it up.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  18:32:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
The track listing was decided before Nimrod - Shine a light was completed so it didn't make it.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Mc Joyrider

United Kingdom
35 posts
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  06:38:38  Show profile  Send a private message
My Bad, in the original post I meant the Nimrod tune! As for being negative about the lack of vocal tunes, "MY PERSONAL OPINION" is that I would have liked more, if you disagree Pacman fair enough! If you read the review fully, I actually praised the album as being an alternative to the norm i.e. Bonkers. I love the style of the album, but I think vocals can fit in perfectly well with the Harder side of hardcore!

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  15:18:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
understood. well i apologise for attacking your opinion. i agree that vocals do go well with this type of hardcore, but hecttech doesn't have many vocally tracks (at least not recently) - besides 4'o'clock & shine a light, both of which were not out at the time.

but still i understand and respect your opinion.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page