Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 New Numarks
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  16:12:55  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
The new Numark TTX1's. If any one has tried them out, are they any good or are they junk? My wanna-be DJ friend says they are better than the 1200's. I'm not really listening to him though because he thinks Funk Master Flex won the DMC world championship in 76. :\ That really kind of makes me sad that he thinks that lol.

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

Alert moderator
o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  16:17:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
yea ive seen them wow, the look like futuristic turntable tanks, dont know if they are as good as techs, hope sumone knows :)

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dragalian

United States
306 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  17:12:34  Show profile  Send a private message
I've seen them, I even went to the website to check them out. They look pretty impressive, but 1200's will always rule over any other turntable. I would like to try them out for a change though.

http://www.amoryproductions.com

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  17:24:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
Wow. I'm at that site ( I just got around to checkin it out ) The whole thing changes. That is cool. Im gonna buy me some. Even If they aren't better then 1200's I got some 1200's :)

BTW:
for all who don't know the site it is,
http://www.ttx1.com

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

Dragalian

United States
306 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  17:42:57  Show profile  Send a private message
Haha, you can sell me your 1200's, I'm gettin' tired of my PT-2000's.

http://www.amoryproductions.com

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  18:41:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
^^^ Don't think so I'm gonna start usin 4 decks like bad boy bill

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  19:31:04  Show profile  Send a private message
Well they certainly look sexy as hell to me
but then again i know all of nothing about it ;)

In the distant future i'd like to get muhself some decks, n at the very least make a hobby of things, and as amazing as 1200's sound... their also pricey
sooo at present i'm looking at some of the other numarks as alternatives
(no reason to, as i say... any actual purchase is the distant distant future)
but they look quality *shrugs* :)

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  19:34:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
they look awesome, and I don't know if I would be so quick to judge them against the technics being better. People get in a mode and established, just because techs have been THE standard for so long, doens't mean they can't be outdone. but i would like to see the numarks go the distance before i would buy them. doesn't they have a massive pitch range that might cause problems later?

"It's all good..."

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  19:44:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
Numark TTX1 Pro Direct-Drive Turntable

Numark Industries is proud to introduce the world's ultimate turntable: the TTX1. The result of extensive research into turntable design and market demands, the new TTX1 deftly combines unmatched torque, incredible precision and the world's first interchangeable tonearm design for enhanced performance in a variety of applications - making the TTX1 the new standard in premium turntables.

PERFORMANCE
Introducing the world's most responsive high-torque motor. Because fast and powerful torque is first and foremost for professional DJs, the TTX1 employs an all-new direct-drive-high-torque DC motor with multi-directional operation. Thanks to this powerful motor's open design and ability to continuously monitor over 800 points of rotational resolution-versus less than 300 in competitive models-the TTX1 simply outperforms every other turntable on the market, in terms of both torque and precision.

The industry's only two-component motor capable of delivering a competition crushing torque of over 3.7kg/cm (3.2 lb/in)
Reacts instantaneously to your hand while providing the utmost in stability
Brushless DC motor with open construction
PRECISION
Precise aluminum die-cast tonearm assembly. The TTX1 features the world's first interchangeable tonearm system, which allows straight and S-shaped tonearms to be easily interchanged to suit the desired style of mixing. The turntable comes with both straight and S-shaped tonearms.

Enables you to change from straight-arm to "S" shaped with no tools required
Manufactured under the tightest tolerances for extremely precise operation
Adapts to a variety of situations, regardless of DJ style or musical preferences
Designed to respond to the changing needs of any DJ, anytime, anywhere
CUSTOMIZABLE
Interchangeable pitch fader cartridge & button cartridge. Flexibility is afforded by interchangeable Pitch Fader and Button cartridges, providing optimum control whether the turntable is placed horizontally or vertically. In minutes the Pitch Fader can be removed from the conventional horizontal position for vertical setups. The TTX1 even senses the position of the pitch fader and updates the display orientation for maximum readability.

World's first truly multi-directional turntable, signaling a new era in customizability
Advanced technology senses position of cartridges and automatically updates the display orientation for optimal readability
CONSTRUCTION
Built to shut out exterior noise and vibration. The TTX1's performance is bolstered by a confidence-inspiring "Solid-Core" steel top and rubber base construction, which fights vibration and unwanted noise. Taken together, these features and industry-leading construction make the TTX1 the world's finest turntable, bar none.

USABILITY
The world's only multi-directional multi-functional display. A blue illuminated display provides clear Pitch, RPM, BPM and motor settings, while a super bright white LED with continuous strobe emphasizes the precision of the motor controller system. Selectable Pitch Range is +/-10, 20 and 50%, RPM is selectable between 33, 45 and 78; and a Key Lock feature allows DJs to change the music's tempo without changing its key. Instant Reverse control and continuously adjustable platter start and brake times permit a variety of turntable effects.

Onboard BPM counter (the display of BPM readout is optional)
Instantly variable pitch ranges - as high as 50% - using only one pitch fader
Key lock audio processing maintains pitch while the tempo is increased

some pics :)

takin from http://www.prodjstore.com/numarkttx1.asp

Edited by - djmonoxide on 2002/07/02 19:49:58
o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  19:53:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
ahhh it burns my eyes!!

looks really good!!!

hmmm

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  12:18:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
damn that's pretty...

question is, does the pitch last? and how pinpoint can it get? also i'm not liking that horizontal pitch, but the tempo control is sweeeet

"It's all good..."

Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  13:03:05  Show profile  Send a private message
Last Friday I played my first official house (not house music) party and the tables they had there were the Numark TT1625's. They were very impressive and had excelent tork. They were brand new and didn't have but a few hours of play time on them so I'm not sure how they will do in the long run, but if someone is financially strapped and wanted a good set of tables I suggest the newer Numarks. I found the box set of what I played on for $299.99...2 TT1625, Numark mixer DM950, and headphones. I personally think that is a great deal figuring you can't get one 1200 for the price of 2 tables and a mixer.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  15:30:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
quote:
a Key Lock feature allows DJs to change the music's tempo without changing its key

drooooooooooooooolllllssssssssss

finally!!!!!

aaaaahh the pitch control can be swapped with the buttons to change it from horizontal to vertical. very stylish.

how do they compare to the new vestax?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Edited by - pacman on 2002/07/03 15:37:11
djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  17:12:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ise:
damn that's pretty...

question is, does the pitch last? and how pinpoint can it get? also i'm not liking that horizontal pitch, but the tempo control is sweeeet

"It's all good..."

you can change that how ever you like the pick is the turntable in battle mode. you can change tonearm and the way the pitch goes.
as pacman said "drooooooooooooooolllllssssssssss" lol

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  19:49:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
can you physically move it, or do you rotate the table to make the pitch veritcal?

"It's all good..."

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/03 :  23:16:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
yeah you can physically move it. if you look at the picture, the pitch fader comes out and can "swap" with the buttons. it does this so if you're scratching you can turn the table sideways so the tone arm is not in your way. neat huh?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.16 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page