Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 WHAT? WHY? What can we do???
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  01:02:42  Show profile Send a private message
what is happening?????
im getting really peeed off at all these "remixes" of classic happy hardcore tunes!!! whats the point? ive heard great tunes slowed down and turned to crap!!!! WHY?????
I heard once that they "had" to change them cos the proper versions were too strong to release?????? how do they know if they didnt release them?????
i recently bought a QFX album with all these classic tracklistings, when i listened to them, they were crap and slowed down and turned to trance??????
POINTLESS!!!!! Happy hardcore is what it is BECAUSE OF WHAT IT IS!!!!!! Changing it will do no-one any favours!!!
Anyway, on the bright side- me is heading off to a live rave tonight :) happy bloody days, the djs have been going since i started- they are true to their original style, like all djs here. So all i can say is a big up to all on here helping the scene and a massive thanks for keeping it going. RESPECT!!!

***Long live the days, when the children bounce to the sounds of happy hardcore*** Lets bounce!!!!!

freedom to all who believe!!

Alert moderator
o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  01:28:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
*dumps bucket of ICE over Mustapha*

calm down, remixes can be good or bad, depending on the person who hears them, everyone has there own opinion. sum like it, sum dont

and the point of remixing to me is, the person who chooses to remix the track really loves it and wants to be apart of it sumhow, leave their mark on the track

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  01:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message
i get what your saying mate, but why turn it into something its not???
ive a classic tune is a classic- let it be!!!! if they want to "be a part of it", why not play all the originals and be remembered for playing top of the range stuff??? alot better than being known for making a good tune crap dont you think? and remixes are good...but only if its being transformed into happy hardcore. Im being shitty and i know everyone has their tastes but happy hardcore IS happy hardcore and no-one wants that to change......If a great tune is made- play it!!!! dont turn it into crap just so you can say "i made that tune......worse"????
Ive been hearing loads of "remixes" of happy hardcore....and, the "remixes" have removed the tune which was ORIGINALLY HAPPY HARDCORE and turned it to trance.....in this sence, "remixing" is NOT good, no no no no WAY!!!!

*oh an thanks for coolin' me down a bit...**
**shivers from ice**

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  01:58:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
Well its the listeners that decide if its krap or not.

Music evoloves over time, people try new things, happykore wouldnt be what it is today if it hadnt changed, i dont know that but im sure its prob true.

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  02:23:52  Show profile  Send a private message
it is the listeners that decide if its crap or not....and last time i checked, i was listening?!?!? i may be the only one out of millions who think what i do, but i just want to get my point across...!!!

And happy hardcore hasnt changed, which is why it is so unique...and IF it HAS changed, than it has changed ever-so-slightly.....BUT!!! its still happy hardcore!!!! not trance!!! which is what these "remixes" are coming so so close to.

Everyone has their opinion, this is mine, which is why i posted it up. Any one agree? or disagree?

Long live happy hardcore and may all who are involved, live HAPPY!!!!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  03:25:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage
I have to agree with mustapha here, but not entirely.
I noticed quiet a lot of german happy hardcore being remixed into trance, like dune - can't stop raving, mark 'oh - tears don't lie, das modul etc etc.
It is happening quiet a lot, if it remixed by themselves or not, it is happening too much.
Why can't they make some new ones of their own...you know, be original.
I prefer the rmxs stay in the genre itself not some other, I hear this "can't stop raving" and suddenly I can't feel the groove of it, cause it was HHC and better, now it's just crap...and somehow I feel that they think they made it better.....and yes mustapha it is pissin me off a lot too.

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  03:47:55  Show profile  Send a private message
thank you!
at least its not only me that realises whats being done.
Could this be the start to the end of happy hardcore??????
I bloody hope not!!!!!
Keep on Bouncin'.....

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  07:24:33  Show profile  Send a private message
People are pretty much free to remix whatever they want. (copyright infringments and stuff granted). Different styles/genres of electronic music have always influenced each other...there has been happycore remixes of trance tracks, and trance remixs of happycore tracks. If u don;t like a genre of music, don't supposrt it, (ie don;t buy the material). If u don;t like what a certain producer is doing in a genre, don't buy that artists records. That simple.
And happycore is far from comming to an end if anything, it's just getting stronger!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  08:19:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
Alot of the big happyhard tunes are remixes of popular songs though, so take that into account. Also, they cater to different tastes. So such a variety of songs shoudl be praised, regaurdless if you like the version or not, that producer has sunk their time and money in to make it happen and we're lucky to have those poeple in the scene

"It's all good..."

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  08:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
and how many tracks thats were originally trance songs, now happy hardcore songs?!

damn, let them have a few without getting your panties in a bunch

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  12:23:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
BLOODY TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!
Flip n fill (good artists) ripped off shooting star (brilliant song) into their own version (SHITE!) and Sonz of a loop da loop era - far out has recently been mixed and papau new guinea also. Trance artists are a bunch of twats, ripping off tunes that already exist into so called "masterpieces" which they apparently created themselves!! Just with the help of happy hardcore into their cheap style.

-Robbie Jay

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  14:12:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
^^ far out was also just remixed ina n old skool style by altrn8, which is dope :) its also got two nu breaks style remixes on it, great record :)

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  15:15:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
and how many tracks thats were originally trance songs, now happy hardcore songs?!

I totally agree. I bet people on a Trance forum are having the same discussion about Trance being remixed into HHC lol :)

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  17:36:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage
Wow....true, thats why I wasn't entirely agreeing with mustapha, it is pissing me off, but I don't listen to it, just open my ears to the stuff I wanna hear.
And it is far for being the end of HHC...don't think there is an end to it either.

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/07/06 :  06:56:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Bucket of crap sammyo! The point of remixing happyhardcore songs so far has been to break them down into a crap happymeal style digestable for the stupid masses and to make money. Trance is ass as far as style credibility goes but it sells like hotcakes cause its acceptable to commercial markets. If happyhardcore do rips of trance songs however, it seems no different than the classic oldskool rips of pop songs from the 80s. Hardcore is underground, trance is commercial. That is what makes the difference in this quagmire

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/07 :  01:33:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Heist:
Bucket of crap sammyo! The point of remixing happyhardcore songs so far has been to break them down into a crap happymeal style digestable for the stupid masses and to make money.
www.mp3.com/djheist

Fair point, but without that "crap happymeal style digestable for the stupid masses " there would be no hardcore, cos there'd be no plants to press vinyl, no distributors to get it to you, and certainly no electronic instruments developed/manufactured to create it.

So I for one, am glad it's there.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page