Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Should I bother finishing this song?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
nrXic

Canada
117 posts
Posted - 2002/09/08 :  02:29:09  Show profile Send a private message  Visit nrXic's homepage
Hey there, I dunno if this happens to any other producers but I was working on a few tracks, and I get stuck in the middle because the song isn't THAT great.

And lately I've been listening to Next Gen/BB clips in anticipation for their new CD coming out in a few days...and yeah they are on another level!

Anyways here is the track in ogg format (ogg vorbis compression, yes the mp3 killer :) , if you have winamp 2.8 or 3 it will play).

http://www.members.shaw.ca/nrxic/misc/latest.ogg

Definately far from finished (it's repetitive and stuff), just playing with an idea really, but it seems like generic fast eurodance. :P

Tell me what you think. Part of me likes it, part of me thinks that it's pretty blah.

I got another one, this track is something me and Contraption (Xentar) started a LONG time ago, and we kinda stopped.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/nrxic/misc/reasonrxic.ogg

I like the song...but in comparison to the newest stuff coming out...it's so different, and I don't know if people will dig it.

www.mp3.com/nrxic

Alert moderator
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/09/08 :  06:34:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
it's not bad. i like your piano part. i'd like to make some humble suggestions if i may:

* put in some more bass, more kick drum, take some volume out of the treble parts.
* drop out your main synth line for a bit, leave it for the climaxes.
* add in a 4-beat hhc style break beat underneath, it will chop up the sound abit making it sound less eurodancey.
* put in a fatter, 8-beat breakbeat in somewhere.
* don't have the chord changes going all the time, like stay on the first chord for a bit. (especially when you cut back to bass line & drums or whatever)
*have a solid (long notes) chord line at a lower volume, under your main synth line (it will give the sound more depth)
* maybe try some sort of melodic line at some point. or maybe just a vocal sample?

i think all it needs is a bit more variety.
it's really hard for smaller producers to match the standard of sound that's coming out of the NG/BB, Evolution (or any of the bigger labels for that matter). my advice would be to spend a (long) while just tuning & tweaking all your sounds to exactly how you want them, including all your drum sounds etc etc.

good luck. (and welcome to hhc.com!!)

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/09/08 :  17:30:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Not bad, the sythns are the best part, I would drop the piano in the first part or re-do it somehow... You need to listen to newer hardcore the tunes sound a little old... anyway my 2 cents

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

nrXic

Canada
117 posts
Posted - 2002/09/13 :  15:42:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nrXic's homepage
Thanks for the advice guys! I really think your input will really help! I'll post updates in this thread as work progresses. :)

www.mp3.com/nrxic

"From the mean streets of Calgary, Alberta, Canada!" - Jericho
http://www.myspace.com/nrxic

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page