Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Mix 014
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/07/09 :  10:57:04  Show profile Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Hi Gang,

A couple of lads in the office have been pestering me for a new mix (they're just getting into hardcore, and can't tell that my djing is sh*t) so I uploaded one this morning, after recording it last night.

I'm not after feedback, because no one ever gives it on here. It was my first time mixing in over three months as well, so it's not the best. Just whacking it here in case anyone's having a slow Friday and could do with an hour of uplifting tunage.

Track list is on SoundCloud too, so you can turn your nose up at it before you even press play.

http://soundcloud.com/jaymie-1/mix-014

Ta

Jay

Alert moderator
MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/07/09 :  14:17:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage
This is an interesting tracklist! :)

I loled @ the con te partiro bootleg remix thing by Sc@r :P

It feels to me that your EQing could use a little more finesse, and that includes better control of your gain volumes as well. You seem to have the cueing and beatmatching aspects down very well though, so why do you say your djing is so shit?

Overall, I think a mix like this would deserve to be advertised with a bit more confidence than what you are showing ;D

What do you mix with? CDJs or software?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2010/07/09 :  14:30:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
its awesome, man! i love it!

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/07/09 :  14:38:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Virtually the opposite of my style of music but mixing was spot on from what little I heard.

And yeah, what MAtRiCKs said, give it a little more of a confident advertisement, you've got solid mixing skills so why not "big yourself up".

MAtRiCKs pointed out that you need work on the EQ and gain. I think he's right. Just listened to the rest of the mix and the gains certainly need sorting out. The difference in volume between tracks isn't that bad but it's noticeable (send your finished mixes to me if you want too, I'll level then out consistently for you). EQ wise, it sounded like you where working from different quality encoded mp3's. Some sounded 320 and others 192. Try to get all tracks the same rate if you can because the higher encoded tracks will really show up the poor quality of the lower encoded tracks when mixed together.

You've got nice mixing skills you just need to work on your overall product as a DJ. It's not the first mix of yours I've heard too, keep it up matey and work on the subtleties.

Edited by - Mortis on 2010/07/09 23:46:43
JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/07/13 :  11:34:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Ha. The irony!

The first mix that I don't say "Please, please leave feedback if you can spare the time" - and people go and do it.

Firstly, thanks a lot for listening in the first place. And I hope, to whatever degree, you enjoyed it.

The tracklist, MAtRiCKs, is entirely random. I was literally just picking a track as and when I needed one, and picking them on the basis of "Have my two mates at work heard this one before? No, OK, let's use it". So, there was no real structure to it all. Didn't really intend for anyone other than a few people to hear it, to be honest.

Ha ha, Epiphany, I think it is. I like that track!

As for equipment, I've got some CDJ-800 MK2s, and a DJM-400.

Mortis. Thanks for the words man. Much appreciated. As for the 320 v 192 issue - arr! It's the bane of my life. I purchase absolutely everything in 320, but they clearly, clearly are not all of that quality. It's really, really irritating.

If you've got any specific tips to help, I'd lap them up in an instant.

Cheers again.

And sorry for the late reply. I've been on a massive weekend bender in Colchester for a mate's birthday.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.96 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page