Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 New Freeform: Audio Warfare & Dante - Drug Real
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2011/01/18 :  09:50:46  Show profile Send a private message
HappyHardcore.com collab business. ;) This had been in the works over a year now but is finally done. :D

http://soundcloud.com/audio-warfare/audio-warfare-dante-drug-real-128kbps-clip

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on the final version.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2011/01/18 09:51:36
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2011/01/18 :  10:04:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I like it. What's not to like? Driving kick, trancy riff's and acid lines.

The only thing I'm not sold on is the hopping/doubled up bass, I think it clogs up the middle of the track a bit. Saying that though, without the extra notes it might sound a bit emptier and you'd have to fill it up with something else...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2011/01/18 :  10:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Cheers mate and thanks for the feedback! Might be able to make the extra bass notes shorter or quieter too keep the effect but fix that problem. Will have a little play. :)

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2011/01/18 10:47:11
redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/01/18 :  12:25:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage
Yeah I really like this! Nice chilling breakdown with a cool voice effect that is very fitting with the style your are going for.
When it kicks in....brilliant :) Reminds me of the freeform from a few years ago. Nice acid line too, subtle but really cool.

I would say its a successful collab

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2011/01/18 :  15:29:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
Yeh, that's a noticeable improvement over the earlier version and a slight tidy up of the Bassline as suggested would sort it right out.

It's also a very good example of how stuttering notes in a riff should sound. Well done fellas.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Edited by - Ionosphere on 2011/01/18 15:30:03
Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2011/01/19 :  08:35:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
cheers ;D

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/01/19 :  08:56:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
well this just makes me want some acid blotters :P

nice track guys, very clean and professional sounding :3

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2011/01/21 :  09:32:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
haha nice one mate. ;)

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/01/21 :  21:26:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
Yeah I really like this! Nice chilling breakdown with a cool voice effect that is very fitting with the style your are going for.
When it kicks in....brilliant :) Reminds me of the freeform from a few years ago. Nice acid line too, subtle but really cool.

I would say its a successful collab

I'd sign that without doubt, but I am not sure, if you better should remove the high hats completely off the main melody, although they are not as noisy as in other songs. It's great to use them at intro, outro and raising parts, but unlike in Trance it sounds unnecessary, except for some tracks.

But for sure, it has very nice melodies for breakdown and main part.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/01/21 :  21:44:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Hi hats help to drive the track along, if you remove them then the track wouldn't have as much energy.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2011/01/21 :  23:50:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Hi hats help to drive the track along, if you remove them then the track wouldn't have as much energy.

I have been listening to following two CD's at the last weeks: Hardcore Nation: Next Generation & XClusive Happy Hardcore. Quite bunch of tracks that hit my taste, but some facts I have noticed so far.
I maybe have to correct myself. A lot of tracks use high hats, but in kind of different styles. Some of the tracks have high hats, being used just like in Trance: bass drum, high hats, bass drum, high hats ("uzuzuzuzuzuzuzuz-..."). That sounds relly great for a song like "Brain Blessed Feat. Kelly Southall - Epiphanty (Ponder Remix)", after it switches from Breakbeat to the 4/4 bass drum and does work for intros, outros and raising parts. But this is what I was thinking of, when it comes to the main melody of "Drug Real".

Other tracks seem to combine the high hats and the bass drum like "Weaver & Andy L - Tell Me". It sounds more Hardcore to me, because it doesn't contain a kind of copied beat of another genre. It seems to me that the synthesizer sounds do remain in the main focus more this way and "Drug Real" definetly has its strenght on its main melody. Why disturbe it by other sonds? An alternative might be to add the high hats later on.

To come to my conclusion, you somehow have to try out which usage of high hats is necessary for your track. Find out, which version hammers best way. You probably have to use different versions and choose, which one sounds like the best way.
And like I already said in another thread, there are more possibilities of using percussion instruments for production.

It is quite difficult to describe possible follow-ups only using your imagination and having lacks of skills in producing and/or mixing.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/01/22 :  00:05:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
The difference between Tell Me & Drug Real is that Weaver used a closed hi hat playing on the same note as the kick, he did use an open hi hat on the off beat bass but the volume on the ohh is quite subtle so it's not as predominant as in other tracks. Drug Real has a very clear sounding open hi hat but no closed hi hat. I can see what you mean by the usage of the ohh regarding the melody though, a lot of producers will have the kick, bass, closed hat & melody play for a few bars before introducing the open hat, when the ohh comes in then the track really starts to take that energetic driving effect.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2011/01/22 :  01:17:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
The difference between Tell Me & Drug Real is that Weaver used a closed hi hat playing on the same note as the kick, he did use an open hi hat on the off beat bass but the volume on the ohh is quite subtle so it's not as predominant as in other tracks. Drug Real has a very clear sounding open hi hat but no closed hi hat.
I can see what you mean by the usage of the ohh regarding the melody though, a lot of producers will have the kick, bass, closed hat & melody play for a few bars before introducing the open hat, when the ohh comes in then the track really starts to take that energetic driving effect.

Pretty good summary, of what I tried to explain.
My start was really false to express this. Probably I really need to get a taste of what these Happy tunes would sound without any hi-hats or minimal hi-hats. Might be something important is missing, I don't know!

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/01/22 :  01:23:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I need to make a correction regarding Drug Real, listening on my headphones now I can hear a very subtle low volume closed hat I think.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page