Printer friendly
Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/14 :  01:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
You go on any download sites though and the realise the scene is still saturated with fast trance cheesers from new names which all sound the same and most of them never really sell well because they are all so similar.
I thought there were still a lot of good tracks on disc 3.
RECON AND DEMAND - HEART BLEEDS is like newer type uplifting hardcore sound also REMAND - SOMETHING GOTTA HOLD ON. It's new and still keeps the traditional happy vibe that everyone loves.
Yeah BRIGHT LIKE THE SUN - SY & UNKNOWN is great. Very few trance cheesers sound that good these days though.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/02/14 :  09:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
You go on any download sites though and the realise the scene is still saturated with fast trance cheesers from new names which all sound the same and most of them never really sell well because they are all so similar.
I thought there were still a lot of good tracks on disc 3.
RECON AND DEMAND - HEART BLEEDS is like newer type uplifting hardcore sound also REMAND - SOMETHING GOTTA HOLD ON. It's new and still keeps the traditional happy vibe that everyone loves.
Yeah BRIGHT LIKE THE SUN - SY & UNKNOWN is great. Very few trance cheesers sound that good these days though.

if you into the more melodic stuff, it's obvious CD1 and 2 aren't for us

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/02/15 :  10:12:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
interesting discussion. i love the input from everybody. this is why a site like this exists!! its a given fact with so much branching out we cant all agree... saying that, i really do love some of this "newer sounding" stuff. but not all of it. and i certainly don't come close to reaching the euphoric heights that real hardcore gives me. i like how some of the dj's are branching out. i have faith in their ability to keep the fans content. if they continue to take it in this direction too far, people will sure as hell let them know we don't like it, and they might listen... or not give a damn.

evolution of music is absolutely fascinating, and seeing it occur to my favorite genre of music is quite interesting. i'm not an oldschool fan by any means, but hardcore is most definitely my passion. for over a couple years now ive been avidly addicted. my first show was etd love in frisco with scott brown and hixxy. after that it was (and is) my mission to continue supporting the scene, seeing the people i love, with the music i love. i personally dont enjoy the older bonkers, but LOVE the harder uk hardocre sound. too each their own. we have a very diverse genre, with many different aspects that please many different people. reading all this and listening to the different opinions has shown me depth of this evolution. and i love it.

i would definitely say some hardcore ravers in the us are behind :p i saw darren styles for my first time this year in arizona, and hearing " save me" and "your my angel" was what ive been craving all these years.!!! i also heard "you and i" and some of the newer style and i loved it as well. of course its a different feel, and i didnt enjoy it quite as much.. i certainly wish i could of been on the scene like 10 years earlier haha. i wish we had the amount of hardcore the uk gets. it also took me awhile to find the good stuff here..its alot more underground. i recently saw dougal & gammer for my first time and i was a bit disappointed to be honest. i heard a few of the classics..but it wasnt what i expected from the hardcore legends sadly. im sad i maybe got here too late :/

those classics will always be there..and we can always play them..and we can always have that feeling..and resurrect it!! im going to keep buying tickets to these guys because i love hardcore to death... and it might be changing. but its still the best fkn vibes there are. even if these big names start to abandon us, i have faith in the hardcore fans to revive hardcore infinitely, rising from the ashes anew each time, like a glorious phoenix ;D i love the diversity. and i love us. sorry for the rant. just my 2 cents guys.. you know how it goes...

HTID!!!!!!!

HARRIBO
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
591 posts
HARRIBO has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/04/23 :  20:31:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HARRIBO's homepage  Reply with quote
so just got round to listening to this (really dont know what took me so long)

tbh its the biggest load of anal seepage i have ever heard. 90% of it isnt what i would class as hardcore at all. only tune i even remotely liked was bright like the sun and after listening i had to listen to gammers nostalgia tune to remind me that he can make a decent tune!

as of now ive just offered it on twitter to anyone for free (except for postage) as my collection may miss it but my conscience wont:)

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  00:04:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
the stereotype is Irony, not Sarcasm

I'd say more Americans don't know geography than irony. They did a survey here and I think 50% of people couldn't find France on a map.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  00:11:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
So I just read through this thread. And was mildly amused at the similarities and differences between this thread a recent one about gammer. People amuse me.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  07:54:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:i have faith in their ability to keep the fans content. if they continue to take it in this direction too far, people will sure as hell let them know we don't like it, and they might listen... or not give a damn.

that's what we are doing, but they are just brushing us off as haters

Lilley: This was the thread that started it all :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/04/24 07:57:24
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  09:11:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh God, not again...

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  12:40:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Lilley: This was the thread that started it all :P

The continuity was not lost on me.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  12:46:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
the stereotype is Irony, not Sarcasm

I'd say more Americans don't know geography than irony. They did a survey here and I think 50% of people couldn't find France on a map.

That's embarrassing.
They must have edited out people who got right answers, because that's simply unbelievable.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/04/24 :  17:45:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
yes, chasers war, whilst very very funny, is not to be taken seriously.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/25 :  00:33:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
That was about 3 years before the War, a show called CNNNN. Chaser Nonstop News Network. No one really knows what the last N stood for.

Edited by - Lilley on 2012/04/25 00:34:19
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/25 :  15:40:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
ROFL at map part! They see holes on Australia part thinking all the right answers are there XDDD

Arhiwall

Russia
26 posts
Posted - 2012/08/22 :  15:28:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Arhiwall's homepage  Reply with quote
I like this sound. Anyway, like "Open your e-aaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaa-yes", "Missing" and "Louder" by Petruccio and Modulate, "Mercy" by Styles. Earlier CXH Cd`s I dislike - there are plain pop music, sometimes bad. New sound is not quite speed-up electro. I hear it as the fusion of earlier happycore (all generations) and modern dnb - in the new fashion electro cover.

But directly speed-up house tracks, sometimes played in dj-sets, i dislike.

Edited by - Arhiwall on 2012/08/22 15:33:39
MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2012/08/22 :  18:25:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arhiwall:
Anyway, like "Open your e-aaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaa-yes",

Yeah same. I've really come to love that Open Your Eyes remix. That and Crack It Smack It and the second half of Rock The Club.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page