Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 old skool breakcore
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/11/02 :  16:43:41  Show profile Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
hello peoples....i went on a bit of a downloading spree, and got all these mixes by some guy called 'ck' anyway, its the most lush breakcore. a bit b4 my time, talking 92 to 96 here and i was wondering if any of you could recommend some good tracks of that old breakcore styleee so i could go nab them on 12" then bust them out

fanks in advance

Alert moderator
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/11/02 :  22:15:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
ooo i found heaps of cool stuff on JAL, United Dance and Remix Records all is good, apart from my bank ballance =(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/11/03 :  01:53:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
by some guy called 'ck' anyway

LOL i know him :P
Oh, and don't forget Kniteforce & Hectic, those are also brilliant labels for Old Skool HHC :)

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/11/03 :  03:08:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
ahahaha really, tell him, his 96' mix is like the only thing ive been playing the past few days.

corr blimey, can that man scratch....

and sweet thanks

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/11/03 :  03:51:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
corr blimey, can that man scratch....

Yeah almost as good as Sy :)

DJ cK
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2002/11/04 :  13:57:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ cK's homepage
Someone just pointed this thread out to me - cheers for the positive feedback!

I'm guessing you found them on www.choons.net - if not, that's where you should be !

http://choons.net/mp3/livemix_12_10_02.mp3 is the last oldskool (93-95) breaks mix I've actually recorded, must excuse the dodgy shoutouts during that one as it was a live stream!

If there's anything you want me to ID off there, or a tracklist you want, then by all means just ask.

SuperHenke

Sweden
285 posts
SuperHenke has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/04 :  15:21:09  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by DJ cK:
Someone just pointed this thread out to me

*wonders who that could be* ;p

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/11/04 :  16:05:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
yeah found them from http://www.choons.net/mp3/

and ive IDed most of the stuff...gotta love the start of the 96' mix with dj energy - wam bam, your scratching adds a third dimension to that song.

somtimes scratching can sound pov and detract from the overall feel of a mix, but no way with you...always a pleasure to listen to.

few tracks you could help me out with tho:

remix of that 80s classic "died in your arms tonight" gotta nab me that on 12"

and omg the best song on the mix the breakdown of it starts 21:40 through the 96' mix...and it has a chick saying something...no idea what, she says "oh" lots...thats like all i can make out. its the track that mixes into sy & demo - sensation

also gotta get me that track thats on 42 min into the 94' mix...i must confess some bedroom dancing went on first time i heard that :P

thanks once again...time to download that other mix now

DJ cK
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2002/11/05 :  01:33:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ cK's homepage
If you have a look on www.choons.net itself, in the mixes section, there's full tracklists for all of those mixes I believe!

The Died In Your Arms is one of the remixes on the Go Mental Gold release, either the Dread In Your Arms mix or the Rhythm Station mix (can't remember which one offhand).

Scratchin', well, I don't believe in just scratching for the sake of it, only to complement the music really! :)

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/11/05 :  01:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
ahah your 17 too...class, the joys of things you can find if you actually visit a site ;)

if you ever come to aus, come here..and pay :D

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page