Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Buy and sell
 WANTED: Starchild vinyl
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
4kvt
Starting Member

Canada
3 posts
Posted - 2012/05/22 :  12:50:43  Show profile Send a private message
Hey folks!

I am trying to track down the self-titled Starchild vinyl on Fluid Records from '96. I know a lot of you are getting rid of your old school collections, so does anyone have a copy they are willing to spare? I will pay very handsomely for it, especially if it is good condition.

http://www.discogs.com/Starchild-Sta...release/331643

Much appreciated!

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/05/23 :  01:10:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Your link is only half a link, I might have it actually.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/05/23 :  05:03:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
that's because how poorly this forum reacts to unconverted hyperlinks :P
http://www.discogs.com/release/331643

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/05/23 :  07:37:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
www.discogs.com/release/331643

No forum can convert an incomplete / incorrect URL into a real one

is not a complete URL, more than likely some other forum software shortened it as there are ...' in the URL.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/05/23 :  15:55:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
www.discogs.com/release/331643

No forum can convert an incomplete / incorrect URL into a real one

is not a complete URL, more than likely some other forum software shortened it as there are ...' in the URL.

That depends on if it's allowed or not. The lazy way is to allow the script to parse the URL automaticly (which I demonstrated once before that it ****s everything up), and the correct way is to use [ url ] [ / url ] around it

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

4kvt
Starting Member

Canada
3 posts
Posted - 2012/05/23 :  19:15:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 4kvt's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Your link is only half a link, I might have it actually.

http://www.discogs.com/Starchild-Starchild/release/331643 is the link. Please get back to me if you do have it

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/05/24 :  00:51:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:

That depends on if it's allowed or not. The lazy way is to allow the script to parse the URL automaticly (which I demonstrated once before that it ****s everything up), and the correct way is to use [ url ] [ / url ] around it

The URL was pasted short, we don't shorten URLs (at time of posting).

If you can tell me how to turn a word that is pasted as "Starchild-Sta...release" into "Starchild-Starchild/release", if you can tell me how to do that I'll let you run the site... because there is no magic that can turn an incomplete word pasted to the site into a full complete word :)

With that said

@4kvt: Sorry I don't have this tune.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2012/05/24 :  06:06:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
I have the CD that has all their tunes :P Not selling it though.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/05/24 :  10:25:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 4kvt:
Hey folks!

I am trying to track down the self-titled Starchild vinyl on Fluid Records from '96. I know a lot of you are getting rid of your old school collections, so does anyone have a copy they are willing to spare? I will pay very handsomely for it, especially if it is good condition.

Much appreciated!

I very much doubt anyone on this forum has it. It's one of those rare Euro tunes that everyone wants but no one wants to sell. It's interesting that while there were probably a lot more pressings of this stuff than UK stuff, it still ultimately becomes far rarer. Habegale - I Want Your Mind (Alt 2 Mix) comes to mind, what a tune!

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/05/24 10:29:57
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/05/24 :  18:50:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
I have the CD that has all their tunes :P Not selling it though.

No problem at all. Just tell me your living address and stay away for a few days...

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/05/25 :  00:45:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I know al storm was did a remix but it was never released because they backed out of a deal or something like that back in 2000.

4kvt
Starting Member

Canada
3 posts
Posted - 2012/05/25 :  20:00:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 4kvt's homepage
Thanks for all the input folks. I guess my search will continue...

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/09/29 :  18:36:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
Yea, Starchild is super hard to find. I actually contacted Danko the producer years ago in hopes of finding a copy of it on 12" . Even he doesn't have any of them. He spends his time taste testing different Nordic beers now. Kind of a neat career change. But yes, Good luck finding Starchild. I saw it once for sale for 350 Euros... and I still probably should have bought it.

Hard2GET is right, there are so many more pressings of these Euro tunes but they become so rare. Habegale is a good reference although the 12" has been popping up more and more these days ( I have two copies now ) and it is an amazing tune. I've been looking for a copy of 4 tune Fairytales album - Fantasies for ever. someone was going to sell it to me for a thousand dollars. Baaahh. what a joke. but still. it's much like Starchild, good luck to us all !

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page