Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Clicking when recording mixes!!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/07/14 :  16:15:20  Show profile Send a private message
As the title says, i've been having problems recording mixes for some while now and as you can imagine it's immensly frustrating.

I really cant put my finger on the problem. Sometimes when I record its completely clean and fine, other times it clicks a little and is noticable on breakdowns and then sometimes its a full on fuzzing noise which just cancels out the music.

The worst thing is it just appears random. I restart my computer everytime before recording and it still works sometimes and other times doesnt.

I'm recording through my soundcard which is an E-MU 1212m PCIe and have 4gb of RAM.

I use software called MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab to record but I have the same problems regardless of the program I use.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing the problem?

Cheers in advance.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Claxton on 2012/07/14 16:16:46
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/07/14 :  18:00:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I was going to say that if you have an onboard sound card or something like that then the first thing to do would be to buy a better one, but you already have something decent. The only thing i can think of is that the sound card is faulty. I can't think of any reason why that would happen if everything is set up right. But then I'm not an expert. Might be worth asking E-MU themselves.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/07/14 18:01:47
Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/07/14 :  18:09:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
i have the same problem, are the drivers up to date? which OS are you using... im guessing win 7

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/07/14 :  18:53:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
try updating your drivers

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/07/14 :  20:21:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
dont try to record over (below?) -3dB

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/07/15 :  11:36:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Thanks for the response guys.

I'm using Win7 64bit.

I'm updating the driver now to what I think is a newer version so will see if that helps.

I always record well within optimal levels. When its fuzzy you can barely hear the music so I don't think that it's a quality issue.

If this driver update doesnt work I will get in touch with E-MU.

Shades does your problem just seem completely random? and works fine some of the time? What soundcard you using?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/07/15 :  12:29:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
do you hear it while recording or after recording?

I used to have problems with stuttering, so i when i got a USB-turntable, that problem got solved. This problem seems to happen when I have alot of programs running, or when the computer started to get old(er).
My newest computer can record with it's internal soundcard so i dont have that problem anymore.

By the way, what settings do you have on Windows? Have you checked so no other inputs are active (and especially stereo mix input)?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/07/15 12:36:47
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/07/15 :  18:57:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
do you hear it while recording or after recording?

I used to have problems with stuttering, so i when i got a USB-turntable, that problem got solved. This problem seems to happen when I have alot of programs running, or when the computer started to get old(er).
My newest computer can record with it's internal soundcard so i dont have that problem anymore.

By the way, what settings do you have on Windows? Have you checked so no other inputs are active (and especially stereo mix input)?

It's after recording when I listen back.

Everything else is disabled so only the E-MU is activated. I always resart my computer before hand so no other programs are running. It's a high spec computer anyway so it shouldn't have any issues.

hmmm. It's a strange one, I already had the newest driver too. It's the fact it works sometimes and not others when i've eliminated all the possible variables which is stumping me.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/07/15 :  19:34:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Shades does your problem just seem completely random? and works fine some of the time? What soundcard you using?

yup random as hell, i'm using an m-audio 24/96, so im thinking it's the software rather than the soundcard, then again the soundcard is as old as hixxy lol but the drivers seem to work ok.

magix is fairly old now as is cool edit pro which i use,
should invest in a new audio editor really which is compatible with win7.....

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page