RAVE NEWS
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  09:32:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage  Reply with quote
No its about freedom for ****s sake.

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

Alert moderator Go to top of page
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  11:15:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ you keep chanting that, mate, and see if it achieves anything.

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  06:10:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
If the scene is destroyed in the process of fighting the war on drugs, then they'll shrug their shoulders and get on with their lives. Many would actually applaud it.

More like MOST would applaud it. I agree with most of what's been said, ravers are killing the scene themselves. Every time you see a raver on TV they are all ***** up and saying some non-sensical garbage and then they puke in a trash can. Yay, way to make the scene look good. And what about all the people that take extreme downers like K and G and then pass out and become another anti-rave statistic. Most people I see leaving a party all "OD'd" are kids on K. Use common sense and don't take a bunch of downers at a party.

And then there's pills. Kids should really get organized and start dealing/taking pills outside of parties if they wanna roll. Then when cops are in the party trying to bust people and buy pills they can't. You don't have to get rid of drugs, you just have to make it so everyone and their mom can't walk into a party and buy 50 pills within 2 minutes of asking around. We are an easy target, that's why we get targeted. You think cops wanna spend a lot of time and effort setting up a drug bust months in advance when they can just walk into a rave, ask a few people for drugs, and then bust the same amount of people and collect the same amount of drugs with 1/100th the effort? I went to a party this weekend and got asked if I wanted pills at least 3 times in the first hour by total strangers and I could have been a cop (short "normal" hair, normal build, older than 25).

If you wanna "win" the game you have to start playing by the rules and stop being so damn blatent about your drug use. The rave scene needs a representative and some financial backing. We are so disorganized it's silly. EX: Remember that post about the Pro-Rave protest in Washington DC about 2 weeks ago? Well we were trying to appeal to congress, but unfortunately congress was in NYC doing some 9/11 thing that day. So you have 200 candy kids on the lawn with glowsticks shouting to people that are out of state. It sponsored great articles like "Ravers: The Lights Are On But Nobody's Home"... good one.

If you wanna win the war for raves you need lawyers, sad but true. 99% of ravers will shout up and down all day long about how fecked up the government is, but there's no way in hell they'd go donate $5 to EMDEF.org. $40 for a party? Sure. $20-$60 for pills a nite? Sure. $5 to actually support the music (It's all about the music right?)? Hell no.

Or who writes letters their state reps and congressmen? I used to pre-print letters against all the crap anti-rave/anti-techno bills with the statement "Wanna save the scene?" on the front. And all people would have to do is sign them and mail them to the enclosed address. I'd take them to raves and to the local vinyl store and they'd just sit there, no one gave a crap. People would read them and then just leave them so I gave up. Stop acting like you care and start taking action.

Someone (that's honest and charismatic) should start a Rave Defense group and everyone that went to a rave (everytime) should be forced to donate $1 to the fund. You'd collect hundreds of millions of dollars per year at basically no cost to the individuals and then when crap like the Racine Wisconsin incident happens you could just crush the local courts with dozens of high priced lawyers and laugh in their face and win. If ravers could show that their not just a bunch disorganized drugged up "candy kids" and we could put up a serious, organized, financial fight the government would move onto easier targets.

/end rant

Sorry, when I get going.... And of course this is all just my opinion and as I've stated many times before I am an idiot and you should feel free to correct me or ignore me as you please. OK, back to work for me.

EDIT: PS: Why is it that everytime I take a while posting a message only the first 20 words or so come out when I post it and I have to go back and re-post. Oh well, at least I didn't lose the post this time :D

EDIT2: Here's a excerpt from the article about that Racine Wisconsin incident:

"Daniel Thomas, 26, of Kansasville said Monday that based on other rave parties he attended, he expected there would be drug activity at this one."

Yeah, nice dude! Thanks! :/

Edited by - Soren on 2002/11/15 06:32:18
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  12:17:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ agreed on every count.

It's sad to see that ravers seem pathologically incapable of presenting a united front on anything, even on the well-being of their scene - maybe it's an unwanted by-product of the diversity that we're all so proud of. It sorta throws a wet-blanket on the validity of the "rave as a social movement/culture" conception.

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/11/18 :  04:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Heh, I'm surprised somone read all the way thru that. Even more surprised somone replied. Ravers seem to avoid serious topics like the plague, not that I can blame them or think that's bad. Thinking about serious stuff sucks! :D

"I'm more hardcore; on the floor; dance s'more. Real ravin'; get busy; now you know the score!"

"I don't care if it rains or freezes, Long as I have my plastic Jesus Riding on the dashboard of my car.

Going 90, it ain't scary cause I've got the virgin Mary; sitting on the dashboard of my car."

Edited by - Soren on 2002/11/18 05:00:18
number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/11/18 :  10:03:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
^^ you keep chanting that, mate, and see if it achieves anything.

Heh. Fair enough let the government trample all over us.

America land of the free!!!!

lol.

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page