Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Now That's What I Call Bouncy Techno Vol.1
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DavieONeill

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  10:26:14  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DavieONeill's homepage
This isn't really Happy Hardcore but I'm sure some of you will enjoy it anyway!

01. Scott Brown v Paul Elstak - Feel The Music
02. Neurotek - Crowd Control
03. Scott Brown Live Your Life
04. Bertocucci Feranzano - XTC Love
05. Bass Generator - The Event
06. Bass-X - Hardcore Creators
07. Active Force - Head Like a Pacman
08. Hyperact - My Best Friend
09. Davie Forbes - Play Like a Tiger
10. DJ E-Rick & Tactic - Bring The Noise
11. DJ Weirdo & DJ Sim - Go Get Busy (Hardcore Edit)
12. Paul Elstak - Life is Like a Dance (Body Lotion Remix)
13. Scott Brown - Dum Dooby Dum
14. The Scotchman - Happy Vibes
15. Pilldriver - Pitch-Hiker

Zippyshare: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/48748397/file.html

Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/david-oneill/now-thats-what-i-call-bouncy-techno-vol-1/

Alert moderator

Edited by - DavieONeill on 2012/09/18 10:32:46
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,484 posts
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  11:34:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
I think I have heard every single on of them lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DavieONeill

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  13:02:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DavieONeill's homepage
Congratulations Smoogie, you're now officially a Bouncy Techno Guru!

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  13:17:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I think I have heard every single on of them lol

does that matter...it's bouncy techno lol

let the headbanging commence!!!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  16:05:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
awesome, i'll have a bit of this!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  16:06:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
....and tbh, I suppose it is just happy hardcore really.

Euforix

Denmark
30 posts
Posted - 2012/09/19 :  13:10:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Euforix's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
....and tbh, I suppose it is just happy hardcore really.

Exactly. Don't know where do these guys get the "techno" there?!!!

DavieONeill

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2012/09/19 :  16:11:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DavieONeill's homepage
The term "Bouncy Techno" was commonly used in Scotland in the early / mid 90s, and to us at least, there was a big difference musically in comparison to the Happy Hardcore coming from England. I definitely wouldn't call this a Happy Hardcore mix but I guess it's up to the individual to interpret.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/09/19 :  17:58:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
happy hardcore is pretty much watered down bouncy techno because before happy hardcore what the english called hardcore really wasn't that hard then us scots came along and as usual showed them how it's done...they then copied our style but made it more happy than bouncy an put a lot more vocals in the tracks and more happy/uplifting melodies (DJ Dougal is a good example of what i mean) imho the english dnt really have a clue how to make HARD hardcore they never have and never will...thats what i think anyway others may feel different

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/09/19 :  20:21:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
happy hardcore is pretty much watered down bouncy techno because before happy hardcore what the english called hardcore really wasn't that hard then us scots came along and as usual showed them how it's done...they then copied our style but made it more happy than bouncy an put a lot more vocals in the tracks and more happy/uplifting melodies (DJ Dougal is a good example of what i mean) imho the english dnt really have a clue how to make HARD hardcore they never have and never will...thats what i think anyway others may feel different

Quite a bold statement there. The Dutch could say the same to the Scottish.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/09/19 20:21:59
Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/09/19 :  21:15:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage
I'm sure the Belleville 3 would look at bouncy techno, and think 'what the hell has this to do with techno?' And they'd be right.
You Scots have a lot to answer for, ruining perfectly good proper breakbeat hardcore with your stupid distorted kick drums. First time I heard a tape with that kick drum sound I thought the tape was dodgy or the dj had got his levels massively off.
And didn't the dutch steal from the likes of Dougal and Luna-C in the first place?
Just saying.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/09/19 :  22:14:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
Harder and softer Happy Harcore have existed side by side. There is no right or wrong: it's Hardcore!

Anyway I like this fast and hard mix.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/09/20 :  01:41:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
I'm sure the Belleville 3 would look at bouncy techno, and think 'what the hell has this to do with techno?' And they'd be right.
You Scots have a lot to answer for, ruining perfectly good proper breakbeat hardcore with your stupid distorted kick drums. First time I heard a tape with that kick drum sound I thought the tape was dodgy or the dj had got his levels massively off.
And didn't the dutch steal from the likes of Dougal and Luna-C in the first place?
Just saying.

lol left it blank last nite (was a bit pissed)

see thats what you think...i think differently the fact is the scots know what hardcore should sound like so do the dutch...the english try and fail dnt get me wrong the english style is hard but it's not hard enough lol

Edited by - The Dopeman on 2012/09/20 09:06:29
Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/09/20 :  16:11:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage
lol, I was just being drunk and argumentative. Don't mind a bit of this from time to time to be honest. Better than most uk hardcore.
I stand by the fact that it's not much to do with actual techno though. And the first time I heard that kick drum sound on a tape, I did think the tape was ****ed. lol.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/09/20 :  18:18:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
Just saying.

lol left it blank last nite (was a bit pissed)

see thats what you think...i think differently the fact is the scots know what hardcore should sound like so do the dutch...the english try and fail dnt get me wrong the english style is hard but it's not hard enough lol

That doesn't mean it fails. It just fails at being what you want it to be.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page