Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Need help getting gear
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DeeJay EJ
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  05:27:53  Show profile Send a private message
Ok I will be buying some tables here soon and I need some help in deciding what to get. A friend of mine has directed me to http://www.hollywooddj.com and has told me to get one of their turntable packeges. Now I have been looking and I would like some of you guys to let me know what one are good for my first set. I do have a budget but I can break it. Keep in mind that I dont want anything to extravagent because these are going to be my first set but I want something reliable and good. Thanks guys.

~~Only that what you BELIVE is TRUE will be made true~~

Alert moderator
Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  15:32:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
Depends on what kind of decks you're looking for!

Here's my basic rundown on what you may want...
For about 400 quid (I believe) numark sells its battlepak package, which comes with two (decent) direct drive decks, a surprisingly good DM-905 mixer (my only real complaint is the resistance from the crossfader, otherwise it's actually quite a good starting mixer, if you're looking for something without like, insane features.)

Altogether this is pretty much everything you need (minus speakers)... for the cost it's surprisingly good, although don't expect to really seriously scratch on them (if that's what you plan on doing.)

Next step up would be the stanton str8-60s, although you'd also need to purchase a mixer with these (numark dm1002x is nice mid-range choice, I've bought it and have no complaints [For the record, my setup is a DM1002X, Technics SL1200M3D and a Numark Pro TT-2]) That'll run you about 500-600 quid total (depending where you buy and what kinda deals you get) but is substantially better than the numark package and even has those crazy little dots around the platter (and the sexy blue lighting!)

Other than that, there's gemini (which I know very little about so I'm going to stay out of this) although I hear gemini makes some half-decent decks.

Again, I mean, this stuff isn't really serious equipment, and if you got the cash to blow I'd recommend 1200m3ds with a vestax PCV-series techno mixer (the classic or the new one are well good - my dream setup ;P) but it's also a matter of personal preference and experience. I've heard rane makes some well wicked mixers too, but I've had limited experience with them and know they run at a high price.

Well, that's about all I can contribute... sorry I'm not any more helpful.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  09:32:46  Show profile  Send a private message
i know hard to find records (uk company but ships to the world) is doing numark tt-200's ans a 1001x mixer for £500 $764, this looks a great deal to be, shipping would be less then £20 probably, you might want to consider saving some money for vinyls and maby carts though, the other pack mentiond is good, and you can get them withj powerd speakers if needed. personally i would look at numark only in start up packages as i feel they now make the best tables and mixers for the money asked

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  10:27:25  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
whats' the budget firstly, and how much can you "break" it by?

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2002/11/17 :  06:24:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
Hmm, Ejay seems to have disappeared. It's all good.

His name disturbs me because it reminds me of that horrendous 'techno EJay'... heh.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page