Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Da Presidunt!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  03:17:00  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Y'all be my bitches..

Jokes asides, why do they bother voting if it's the electorial vote that counts. or did I missunderstand something?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator

Edited by - Samination on 2012/11/07 03:17:16
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  03:59:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
It's a winner-take-all type of style. Usually a candidate who wins the electoral college also wins the popular vote, but there have been two exceptions. One of them sadly being the race between Al Gore and George Bush. And we all know how that went.

But right now a few minutes until 10PM Central US time, President Obama is currently behind in the popular vote by about 1-2 million votes, but he is projected to win the electoral vote. Oh how the Republicans will be devastated if that happened lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Josephson_Junction
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  04:03:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Josephson_Junction's homepage
Electoral votes are representative of the majority of the voters for each state e.g. if the majority of voters in a state vote Democratic, then all of that state's electors (in the electoral college) must put forth a vote for the Democratic nominee (this is also why certain states have an extremely large impact compared to others, why one state can single-handedly sway an election towards the other direction, etc.) . So to answer your question, it is worth bothering to vote. EDIT: latininxtc beat me to it.

I personally voted for the Green Party (Jill Stein) after school today. I'm just going to boil my reasoning for that down to "the current situation is crap."

Edited by - Josephson_Junction on 2012/11/07 04:05:02
TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  05:08:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage
The electoral college system is complete shit, but it's supported by the two party system people continue to allow.

quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
I personally voted for the Green Party (Jill Stein) after school today. I'm just going to boil my reasoning for that down to "the current situation is crap."

I thought I was going to be the only one on this site that did vote Green.

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  06:26:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
I read an article on CNN that the people in Hawaii often go to vote when the winner is announced.

Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  07:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
Thankfully, the better candidate won (imo).

PS: Good on you guys voting green, not because I vote green myself, but because that two party system is a little ridiculous.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  10:40:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Being British I couldnt give a damm...

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  13:37:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
it's all a load of shit if you ask me watched a little bit on sky news last night almost fell asleep

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  14:17:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Josephson: even if a candidate got 100% of the voter's votes, the electorial college could still dont give a damn and vote the other candidate(s). Like it happened with Al Gore vs GWB Jr, what good does votes do if the electorial college decides the winner. It should be a compination of both. Or is it really?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  14:19:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
it's all a load of shit if you ask me watched a little bit on sky news last night almost fell asleep

Well of course you think it's shit you're not from the US so the decision doesn't affect you directly anyways. Hell I don't even keep up with your politics I thought tony blair was still your PM

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  15:31:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Well of course you think it's shit you're not from the US so the decision doesn't affect you directly anyways. Hell I don't even keep up with your politics I thought tony blair was still your PM

he's not?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  15:52:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
he is..isn't he?

Edited by - Triquatra on 2012/11/07 15:53:00
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  16:08:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I have no idea lol. I thought that Cameron bloke was the Prime Minister now. **** knows, i hate politics.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  17:06:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I have no idea lol. I thought that Cameron bloke was the Prime Minister now. **** knows, i hate politics.

you forgot about his lib dem sidekick lol you know the one who sits quietly in the background wishing people would take him seriously lmao

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  17:08:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:

you forgot about his lib dem sidekick lol you know the one who sits quietly in the background wishing people would take him seriously lmao

You lost me at 'lib dem'.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2012/11/07 :  18:29:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

I keep up with US politics, by watching Colbert Report :p

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page