Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/04/14 :  20:09:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
How unfortunate to see a hardcore DJ supporting Bernie.

While I'm rooting for Hillary to get the democratic nomination and the presidency, I also think her and Bernie are a far better choice for a president than the inbred retarded candidates on the Republican side that you support. Trump is universally hated in congress on both the democrats and the republican side. If for some ungodly reason he wins the nomination, he won't get anything done in congress, especially since the house and the senate is poised to be taken back by the Democrats just like in 2008.

And Ted Cruz isn't any better. He's also alienated his fellow republicans in congress, especially after the one responsible for the government shutdown that should have never happened. And while Ted Cruz likes to claim he's "small government," he'll be using that small government to tell what women can and cannot do to their bodies, who people can marry, and what they can do in their own bedroom, like he spent doing here in Texas. You probably don't remember this, but Cruz waged a war on sex in the 2000s, making sure that both the sodomy law and the ban on dildos and vibrators remained. He lost both of those battles, as well as the appeal.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/04/14 :  20:43:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

While I'm rooting for Hillary to get the democratic nomination and the presidency, I also think her and Bernie are a far better choice for a president than the inbred retarded candidates on the Republican side that you support. Trump is universally hated in congress on both the democrats and the republican side. If for some ungodly reason he wins the nomination, he won't get anything done in congress, especially since the house and the senate is poised to be taken back by the Democrats just like in 2008.

And Ted Cruz isn't any better. He's also alienated his fellow republicans in congress, especially after the one responsible for the government shutdown that should have never happened. And while Ted Cruz likes to claim he's "small government," he'll be using that small government to tell what women can and cannot do to their bodies, who people can marry, and what they can do in their own bedroom, like he spent doing here in Texas. You probably don't remember this, but Cruz waged a war on sex in the 2000s, making sure that both the sodomy law and the ban on dildos and vibrators remained. He lost both of those battles, as well as the appeal.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas

You're just the nastiest person, aren't you, and I'm not the only one on here who has pointed it out. Always nasty insults, usually swearing, and there's just no point of view but yours. Typical liberal.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2016/04/14 20:58:54
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/04/14 :  21:43:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're just the nastiest person, aren't you, and I'm not the only one on here who has pointed it out. Always nasty insults, usually swearing, and there's just no point of view but yours. Typical liberal.

Typical ill-informed uneducated Trump supporter. Unable to argue with any of the statements I made so he has to go for the character assassination.

If you want your point of view to be made, how about you come on here and post your views in more detail rather the ridiculous slogans that Trump uses to attract the "poorly educated" such as yourself. And if you didn't know, he did say he loved the poorly educated so I can see why you're on board with him!

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Posted - 2016/04/14 :  23:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Regardless of my actual thoughts, not once did I say I support Trump (though he is preferred to a nut like Bernie).

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2016/04/14 23:38:13
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/04/16 :  18:51:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

i did not know all ravers were not liberal!
conservatives sure as **** don't agree with illegal rave parties haha. ( or raves in general ) . i can't agree with people that deny me my freedoms; certainly. ( Let's not get started about voting for candidate that deny OTHERS their freedom ;) )
and i take offense to calling hillary or her supporters " liberal "! i think hillary clinton is as conservative as they come!
she has never been a liberal ; and never will be! her supporters are old fashioned democrats; that today are just closet republicans imo. the only true liberal in this race in Sanders; undoubtedly.

Trump and hillary are buddies as far as i am concerned ; just different methods of preferred control.
though this is why i love politics guys; looks how it brings Americans together!!

hahahahaha

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Posted - 2016/04/16 :  19:16:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
I see no reason that ravers must be leftist (to use a perhaps more accurate term), though I don't know if I can really describe myself as a raver. It's just music and a party atmosphere. There's no reason this must have anything to do with politics.

I'm curious about the statement that the right wing opposes raves. I can easily see this view being truth by common knowledge, but I wonder if it really true in general. I'm curious if most people would really want to "take action" or if they would only be casual dissenters with no interest in banning them. I grew up in a right-wing suburb of Houston and I go to a right-wing university (Texas A&M) and I have seen my fair share of conservatives engaging in illegal partying.

On the issue of one side taking away a person's freedoms, my conclusion is that left or right is not about pro-freedom or anti-freedom, but that picking one side means choosing with freedoms you want acknowledged and what freedoms you want taken away.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2016/04/16 19:25:42
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/04/16 :  22:50:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
On the issue of one side taking away a person's freedoms, my conclusion is that left or right is not about pro-freedom or anti-freedom, but that picking one side means choosing with freedoms you want acknowledged and what freedoms you want taken away.

Very well said!

Freedom means so many different things to people in different parts of the world too, I moved to the states as I turned 18, one moment I was drinking legally at a rave in the UK...the next I wasn't allowed to drink for another 3 years!

I think it might be the "trendy" thing to do to assume that one side are more against illegal raves than the other - I think the difference in opinion is more to do with age rather than political persuasion.

older lefties/righty's are against it; there are uncontrolled drugs and it screws up the environment when the ravers don't clear up afterwards.

younger lefties/rightys don't give a shit; we're young.

well I was young, **** off!

seriously though.
Now that dance music has finally infiltrated the USA properly, albeit 400 years after the rest of us, you'll now have a generation who are growing up "getting" it and fresh blood into the system will start to 'move' things along on both sides of the political spectrum.

How did this get onto illegal raves?? All the options suck, best of luck finding the least suckiest one; same for us too.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  02:55:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
If it's illegal, both sides should be against it (unless they have plans to change the law).

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  04:40:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Now that dance music has finally infiltrated the USA properly...

You might be giving more credit than is due. Most people I come across don't have any more exposure to electronic music than whatever gets put in Top 40. Then, as I learned through my DJ club, the remainder don't know much other than rap or all of this 128 house/electro stuff. It doesn't even matter for those who do know and like other styles such as trance or hardcore, because it isn't considered accessible enough and it is never played out at any of our events.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  06:39:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

i did not know all ravers were not liberal!
conservatives sure as **** don't agree with illegal rave parties haha. ( or raves in general ) . i can't agree with people that deny me my freedoms; certainly. ( Let's not get started about voting for candidate that deny OTHERS their freedom ;) )

Most of the Americans who use this forum, or hell ravers in general, are far too young to remember the RAVE act, or the version that passed which is the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act. It came about in the early 2000s because the drug issue at raves was becoming too widespread as raves were gaining more popularity. Parents demanded that the government do something, and they passed this after the 3rd time in 2003 as an additional provision to the PROTECT Act. The RAVE Act basically holds the people running the events responsible for the sale, use and distribution of drugs at their event. Here's the exact description
https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-congress/senate-bill/226/

BTW, if you notice the name of the person that sponsored the bill, it's our vice president, a Democrat. The bill was also co-sponsored by various other politicians, mostly Democrats. So Democrats are mostly responsible for the bill that is loathed by so many US event organizers in the rave community. It's the reason why most events will not admit anyone with backpacks, excessive accessories like jewelry and whatnot, no opened packages of cigarettes, and you have to be patted down. It pretty much killed the rave scene in many areas of the US, and here in Houston it killed the after hours scene since so many places were raided, and for good reason.

The RAVE Act came into play again when raves and large music festivals, like EDC, were gaining popularity again, and of course the death of that girl at the last EDC in LA. There was even a rave in LA that had Darren Styles and S3RL playing that was shut down due to what happened at EDC. So as much as we would like to blame the Republicans on keeping raves strict, it's really the Democrats that were responsible for passing the RAVE Act.

And no don't assume every raver is a liberal, because they're not. It all comes down to your upbringing and where you grew up. Yes you'll more than likely have ravers here in Texas leaning more on the conservative side, since this is a mostly conservative state. When I was in Nashville to see Kevin Energy my friends and I met one of the most feminine male kandy kid ravers we've ever seen. We were shocked when we friended him on facebook on how uber conservative and straight he was lol

And let's be real, people in the US who consider themselves a raver (I'm not one I just attend a select few raves) aren't exactly the most politically informed bunch. They don't vote, and when they do they only vote during a presidential year and would never vote during mid-term or mayoral elections. And a lot of them are attracted to slogan candidates who say nothing but simplistic ideas that would appeal to them without any depth on how they're going to accomplish anything, Trump being the biggest one this election year.

quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

and i take offense to calling hillary or her supporters " liberal "! i think hillary clinton is as conservative as they come!
she has never been a liberal ; and never will be! her supporters are old fashioned democrats; that today are just closet republicans imo. the only true liberal in this race in Sanders; undoubtedly.

Trump and hillary are buddies as far as i am concerned ; just different methods of preferred control.

If you think Hillary is a conservative, then you seriously need to take a political science course, or maybe even retake high school government. Just because Hillary doesn't abide by the exact same policies as Bernie Sanders doesn't mean she's not a liberal. There are different levels of liberalism, just like there are different levels of conservatism.

But one thing she is certainly that Bernie Sanders is not is a Democrat. She's been one for years, since 1968, which was the time a lot of people started switching parties due to the civil rights movement. Old southern democrats, nicknamed dixiecrats, switched to the republican party because they opposed the civil rights movement. Hillary switched from Republican to Democrat because she supported the civil rights movement and opposed the Vietnam war.

Bernie may support a lot of the ideals of a Democrat, but he's only been aligned with the party for about a year now, and it's only because he knows he can never win as an independent. If you go to his website you'll see various areas that still identify him as an Independent and not a Democrat. And Hillary is raising a hell of a lot more money that will not only benefit her, but the entire democratic party for this upcoming election year, whereas Bernie's campaign money will mostly benefit himself and not the party as a whole.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2016/04/17 06:45:07
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  09:00:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If it's illegal, both sides should be against it (unless they have plans to change the law).

Aye, but there is the third option - being the sex worker option, where we all look the other way! :D

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  15:53:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Aye, but there is the third option - being the sex worker option, where we all look the other way! :D

That's not entirely illegal! It's all about how you phrase it. You say you're an escort and you're selling your time, it's legal. If you say you're a prostitute and offering sex for money, it's illegal.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  17:06:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
trust you to be well versed in the legalities around that ;)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  17:45:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
trust you to be well versed in the legalities around that ;)

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2016/04/17 :  20:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
LOL!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page