Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 scottish independance
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  09:17:17  Show profile Send a private message
what are everyone's thoughts on this??

personally i don't really think it's a good idea i mean sure it would be nice to be an independant country and all but does scotland really "need" independance? why can't we just have more powers in scottish government it just seems like too much hassle imho just keep scotland part of the united kingdom but with no interference from those stupid little english toffs down in london (no offence to any othe englishman on here btw just the knobs that run the country)

i would say around 90% of scots don't and have never classed themselves as british and never will i've never but i still have english friends and sometimes go on holiday to blackpool etc

there are a few things i hate that may not seem like too big of a deal to other people but one is the "british" national anthem is god save the queen which is also the english national anthem that to me says to people outside the uk that the whole island is england (one of the worst examples i can think of is 5 years ago i went to france and got friendly with a bulgarian girl and i told her i was from scotland and she said "oh where about in england is that")

another thing is whenever i go down south nobody can understand a word i say (AND HARDLY ANY SHOPS SELL IRN BRU!!!!!) some people can understand me but the majority can't that pisses me of a little they should teach scottish words in every school in england imo save us all the hassle of repeating ourselve or talking differently that kinda bugs me aswell having to change the way i talk

one thing that i still find funny is if i'm talking to one of my mates in scots we get people giving us funny looks at times (kinda like when a puppy tilts it's head when you ask it a question)

i don't have a clue if any of this made sense but i'm bored and have nothing to do

Alert moderator
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  09:42:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I'm also against it, I dont see what benefit we would get from it and as the old saying goes 'If its not broken, don't try to fix it'. Although some people may disagree about it not being broken they should ask themselves how scotland being independent will make a difference to this.
Also I don't like Alex Salmond and wouldn't want him to be in complete charge of the country. They are trying to lower the voting age so that 16 year olds can vote on this one which I don't think is a very good thing as a lot of them will just think independance is a great idea having just watched braveheart or something and they won't really know what the proper consequences are. For example if we left the UK there is a big chance that we would have to change currency to the euro which as everyone knows is ****ed at the moment. But never mind ....FREEEEEEDOM!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  09:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
alex salmond is a knob lol i just don't see what good can come of being independant surely being part of the uk is better than going it alone there was talk of scotland keeping the pound after becoming independant but i just don't see how it could work

thats another thing that pisses me off about the english you refuse to accept scottish money!!!! that gets on my nerves lol i go to a shop for a bottle of juice and they won't fecking take my money so i usually have to ask someone for change and give them the scottish note and hope they don't realise lol

Edited by - The Dopeman on 2013/03/05 21:16:11
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  10:02:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
most places where I live accept scottish money - but then I'm only about 30mins away from the border :P

whilst I was in the states I came across people who were violently opposed to what they thought was the UK's stronghold on northern ireland - they didn't quite understand that the reason NI are still part of the UK is that there are many there who WANT to be part of the UK still...unaware that most people in the UK weren't bothered if NI stayed or left. Its rather down to the people who live there. Same folk were adamant they were Irish even though they were 100% born and bred in America and had never even set foot in ireland.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2013/03/05 10:12:42
The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  10:25:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
tbh there are far more benifits for scotland if they stay part of the uk than if we were to go it alone we should have more powers tho that seems like the best option for everyone i pray that alex salmond dnt get his way because if it means me going another 9 months without any money (i had to go for a medical about my dyspraxia to prove i was entitled to income support and they ****ed me over by 1 point and the doctor that done the test admitted she didn't know what dyspraxia was) then i'll hunt the prick down and make him pay lol

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  10:52:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
You had any post yet dopeman?

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  11:14:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
oh shit a forgot about that yep got ot yesterday thanks again for giving it

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  11:16:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
No problem sir, enjoy!

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  20:54:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
I wonder what the U. K. will do without the scottish petrol pounds income and the delicious whiskey.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  21:21:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
No problem sir, enjoy!

oh i shall...only one slight problem i ripped sharkey's cd but inner sanctum only ripped to 50% and i'm rippin the cd in wav format (to keep the quality as high as possible so i can merge it into one whole mix for when i play GT5) could anyone possibly upload that track in wav format (i would use one of the other cd's but there in glasgow in a box in my sisters attic lol)

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/06 :  10:54:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
Ultimately it would make everyone involved weaker and less prosperous. The only people who will gain anything substantive from this are the SNP. People talk about the North Sea oil revenue, but most years that doesn't even cancel out the public sector cash pumped north from the rest of the UK into Scotland anyway.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2013/03/06 :  11:09:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
The silver edition CDs are identical to all the other Bonkers 3 cds - so if you have already ripped your copy of the original bonkers 3 that would do it.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/06 :  19:05:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Well tbh i'm not praticuarly bothered about scotlands bid for independence, i'm more concerned about irish independence, which for me is a must! And i beleive it eventualy will happen

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2013/03/06 :  22:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
Scottish independence is a disaster waiting to happen.

At the moment we have a greasy first minister busy trying to paint Braveheart and Disney's Brave as factual educational movies rather than cold hard facts.

He says we will keep the pound, if we separate then that's not our choice, if Scotland want to join Europe they won't take us unless we are on the Euro.

Salmond thinks he owns the North Sea and he is going to cash in on that, that is in no way been decided.

What happens to the Army, the NHS, My UK Passport, schooling, road tax, UK Driving License??

If they want me to vote on any of this then Salmond and his crew need to start informing us and informing us properly on how it is going to work or it will be a flat no from me.

He has already been caught out telling lies, making rubbish up etc. Facts, we need FACTS!!!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/06 :  23:19:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Well tbh i'm not praticuarly bothered about scotlands bid for independence, i'm more concerned about irish independence, which for me is a must! And i beleive it eventualy will happen

Eh? You mean a United Ireland? I doubt it, not when even a large proportion of Catholics in Nothern Ireland would prefer to stay part of the UK. It's probably less likely now than it's ever been.

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2013/03/07 :  00:54:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage
Scotland wouldn't be able to survive on a global stage if they were independent. If anything their independence would be around an assortment of trade agreements with Britain that the independence would be essentially nill.

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page