Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: UK & Ireland
 Hardcore Underground Tour (4 attended)
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  01:45:43  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
[4 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Hardcore Underground Tour
Starts: May 31st, 2013
City/Region: England

Despite Hardcore Underground relocating to London, Northampton has continued to gain a
healthy interest in the UK Hardcore scene in recent years.
Now, Infexion - one of the leading promoters in the area, joins forces with HU to bring yet
another top notch line-up to town and help push forward the ethos that all forms of Hardcore
can exist together under one roof - THIS IS A RAVE!

LINE-UP:

---> GAMMER
---> FRACUS & DARWIN
---> DJ KURT B2B MARC SMITH
---> AL STORM B2B EUPHONY
---> CLSM B2B ENTITY
---> THUMPA B2B OBIE
---> TYL3R
---> SHAX
---> KID:KORE B2B JAMES K

MCs: Sharkey - Obie - Mayhem - Macca - Age-O - Reynolds - Pressure

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@ CLUB MOMO, ABINGTON ST, NORTHAMPTON, NN1 2BH, 9PM-6AM (tbc)

Ticket info:
100 x Early Bird Tickets: 10 - on sale from Monday 25th March!

More details soon...

Alert moderator
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2013/03/26 :  21:55:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage

Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/03/26 :  22:35:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
Bloody Norah, that's a good line-up. I've already semi-committed to an event in London for that night. Mmmmmm.

Never been to Northampton. I might go for it. I'll think about it.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  12:05:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
I'M IN.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  18:15:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
Ace see you there! 3-4am Thumpa & Obie with MC Sharkey!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/06/04 :  11:26:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
Great little night! Some quality tunage and a really, really good vibe.

Marc Smith's last hour was HUGE.

Edit: And it was nice to meet Dan from the forums as well! I was a bit pissed, so, sorry if I was shit company. :-/

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2013/06/04 11:27:54
Serenity
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Serenity has attended 4 events
Posted - 2013/06/05 :  01:07:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Serenity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I was a bit pissed, so, sorry if I was shit company. :-/

Do you really think anyone who is on these forums would be surprised by that when meeting you?! Glad it was a great night - Marc Smith never disappoints when he's over here.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/06/05 :  02:05:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I was a bit pissed, so, sorry if I was shit company. :-/

Do you really think anyone who is on these forums would be surprised by that when meeting you?! Glad it was a great night - Marc Smith never disappoints when he's over here.

Ok, by pissed do you mean drunk? or mad? I'm guessing it's drunk seeing as how that is what british slang translates to.

And when was the last time Marc was on this side of the world? I know there was interest in booking him in NY earlier this year but those plans did not happen. And I tried to get him booked around the same time here in Houston and sent inquiries to the TN scene but those did not go through.

Serenity
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Serenity has attended 4 events
Posted - 2013/06/05 :  02:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Serenity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
And when was the last time Marc was on this side of the world? I know there was interest in booking him in NY earlier this year but those plans did not happen. And I tried to get him booked around the same time here in Houston and sent inquiries to the TN scene but those did not go through.

I am not sure the last time honestly, because it had been a while since I could really attend events. He's been in Toronto fairly often. The last time I saw him was in NYC in like 2008 but that night is a bit of a blur from the amount of alcohol consumed. I really enjoyed his set on the Rough Tempo show recently though.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/06/05 :  04:46:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
quote:

I am not sure the last time honestly, because it had been a while since I could really attend events. He's been in Toronto fairly often. The last time I saw him was in NYC in like 2008 but that night is a bit of a blur from the amount of alcohol consumed. I really enjoyed his set on the Rough Tempo show recently though.

He is such a severely underrated DJ. The man is so skilled and it's so exciting to see him live. I know that many people may not agree with me, but him along with Gammer and S3RL are more than just DJs, they're pretty much performers. S3RL's DJing skills may not be rated so high, but seeing him up stage is great because he's so full of energy he's all over the place. Marc Smith is the same way, and on top of that an incredible DJ.

The US really needs to make a better effort in booking him. Really do love the guy and he's a great person overall.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/06/18 :  11:36:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Do you really think anyone who is on these forums would be surprised by that when meeting you?!

Ha ha! No, I don't think they'd be surprised. But that doesn't mean it's not worth apologising for! :-) I wasn't actually THAT bad. Just a bit energetic and excitable.

quote:
He is such a severely underrated DJ.

Yeah man. I'd never really heard/seen him play much before. Totally fcuking blew my mind, that last hour. Was nuts. There couldn't have been more than ten people on the dancefloor, and there was no stage - just like a table with decks on it. Was really, really intimate. He posted on facebook the next day saying he felt it was a really special last hour with a small crowd going mental. Was a great experience!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/06/18 :  11:43:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Just a bit energetic and excitable.

How could that ever be bad?
quote:
there was no stage - just like a table with decks on it.

The way it should be!

Also Marc Smith's production skills are under rated. He's actually far more skilled than average.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/06/18 :  14:48:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:

Also Marc Smith's production skills are under rated. He's actually far more skilled than average.

Very true, but he doesn't release as much as everyone would hope. I remember Jon telling me Marc is so very critical of his own work, which is why Notorious by Nature took longer than expected to see a release.

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page