Printer friendly
Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  08:54:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
anyone know anywhere to download any powerstomp sets?

DOWNLOAD not stream

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  09:10:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
search for joey riot or dj kurt on soundcloud or mixcloud, they might have some sets there

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  09:39:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex BassJunkie:
I think it all goes down as Hardcore, but with the huge difference between the hard bouncy 'Powerstomp' sound and the electro/dubstep Futureworld sound, i think a distinctive name for both needed to be made to distinguish them from one another.

I only called my recent few tracks Powerstomp because they don't really fit into any other sub-genre within UK Hardcore, they are mostly a product of the influence i got from 2000-2005 Reverse Bass Hardstyle, and also with Kurt and Joey pushing a similar sound, i thought it would be a good idea to start making a bit more of it (as it never really went down well a few years back, but i had so much fun making it!).

Really enjoying the tracks that you've been making recently that are like this.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  09:46:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
I think it all goes down as Hardcore, but with the huge difference between the hard bouncy 'Powerstomp' sound and the electro/dubstep Futureworld sound, i think a distinctive name for both needed to be made to distinguish them from one another.

I only called my recent few tracks Powerstomp because they don't really fit into any other sub-genre within UK Hardcore, they are mostly a product of the influence i got from 2000-2005 Reverse Bass Hardstyle, and also with Kurt and Joey pushing a similar sound, i thought it would be a good idea to start making a bit more of it (as it never really went down well a few years back, but i had so much fun making it!).

specially Heisenberg made me go WOW, everytime i imagine that it would have been even more awesome to use "I AM.. THE. ONE. WHO. STOMPS" instead of "KNOCKS" :))

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  10:05:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
specially Heisenberg made me go WOW, everytime i imagine that it would have been even more awesome to use "I AM.. THE. ONE. WHO. STOMPS" instead of "KNOCKS" :))

Down Low is the Powerstomp one that I like.

Also really like Daydream, but that's more of a conventional/melodic UK Hardcore tune.

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  10:10:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
search for joey riot or dj kurt on soundcloud or mixcloud, they might have some sets there

obviously I've done this as I.posted a joey riot mix on page 2

I also said DOWNLOAD not stream :)

Alex BassJunkie

Mexico
27 posts
Posted - 2013/05/17 :  16:51:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex BassJunkie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Thanks man i'm glad people are liking it, there's gonna be a lot more on the way and maybe some experimental stuff also :)

https://www.facebook.com/alex.bassjunkie

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  15:21:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage  Reply with quote
I never really paid much attention to it when it first started taking over, as it did seem that everyone was jumping on the bandwagon with it, omg, powerstomp powerrangers powernap powerlift eweer eweer powerstomp powerstomp powerstomp, all about the powerstomp!!!!!!
but i did listen to some last week and i like it, especially kurts remix of the collective - kick it, that is by far my favourite track ive heard so far when it comes to powerstomp, in fact, id go as far as to say its my favourite track of the year so far.

dj-kurt

United Kingdom
57 posts
dj-kurt is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2013/07/12 :  14:56:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit dj-kurt's homepage  Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCMGuVOeYg

dj-kurt

United Kingdom
57 posts
dj-kurt is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2013/07/12 :  14:58:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit dj-kurt's homepage  Reply with quote
Just putting the stomp back into Hardcore music it should be. Hence the name :)

Darts
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 posts
Darts has attended 34 events
Posted - 2013/07/12 :  15:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Darts's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dj-kurt:
Just putting the stomp back into Hardcore music it should be.

amen to that!

DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  14:34:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage  Reply with quote
In my mind it's HAPPY Hardcore! Pretty much all genres have sub genres so nothing new.

At the end of the day if it makes u wana swing ya pants then all good!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  15:06:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore had stomp? I thought it had those distorted kicks dutch happy had

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
634 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2013/07/16 :  01:31:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
Def has put energy back into raves!

Also good to see new producers also getting into it as well.

This ones been getting lots of reaction n good feedback on the floor from Eufeion & Patch

https://www.trackitdown.net/track/eufeion-and-patch/power-shock-original-mix/hardcore/5982415.html

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2013/07/16 :  20:26:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Just come across this remake of a classic!! Wouldn't call it full on powerstomp mind. But it's Kurt.

https://soundcloud.com/djkurt/forever-autumn-dj-kurt-feat

Edited by - Claxton on 2013/07/16 20:27:31

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page