Total online 2066
 Radio listeners 153+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 So AudioJelly gone - is TrackItDown next?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2014/02/16 :  17:27:33  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage
Saw a few rumours floating around yesterday & then found this via a Google search.

http://blog.go-dove.com/2014/02/closing-soon-track-it-down-ltd-business.html

Looks like TID is currently up for sale at auction ending on Tuesday.

Alert moderator
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/02/16 :  18:03:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
That'd certainly be a blow.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/16 :  18:20:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Wow. Does this mean it would be a good idea to go ahead and make some purchases now? or wait until after auction to see what happens?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/02/16 :  21:57:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Wow. Does this mean it would be a good idea to go ahead and make some purchases now? or wait until after auction to see what happens?

buying now and the site goes down completly might net the artists 0 income, so unless you like thinking of yourself, only get the exclusives :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/16 :  22:40:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Well of course I'm only thinking of myself! Lol

but yes the exclusives is what I would only be going for. I don't wanna miss out like I missed out on serious sounds closing down, and possibly with some stuff from the hard beats store. Although I missed out on audiojelly, there was nothing that exclusive on that site I couldn't get anywhere else.

EDIT: Ugh this will take some time. What i remember disliking most about TID is you can't easily browse their back catalogues by labels like other sites. This might not even be worth the trouble lol.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/02/16 23:25:06
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/02/16 :  23:29:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
EDIT: Ugh this will take some time. What i remember disliking most about TID is you can't easily browse their back catalogues by labels like other sites. This might not even be worth the trouble lol.

Yea, it's one of the reasons I dislike TiD aswell. TiD did have a slighlty better media player than others (unless you have 2 or more tabs/windows open).

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  00:48:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
Any labels / artists / compilations that should be noted to "take while you can"? I don't really follow that sort of thing closely so I have no idea what's exclusive to TiD.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

DJ SCOTT DEVOTION

United Kingdom
390 posts
DJ SCOTT DEVOTION is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  01:22:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SCOTT DEVOTION's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

buying now and the site goes down completly might net the artists 0 income, so unless you like thinking of yourself, only get the exclusives :P

Agree, the artists/labels in hardcore make feck all anyway, so that would really kill them. I dont no how many units hardcore tracks sell now, maybe 300-400 downloads per track for an average label? So your talking petty cash amounts, but for labels it is important, so try support them if you value hardcore as they are not doing it for the money.

I find in dnb the sales are alot higher with tracks I sell, so returns are more to lose. Find it all very odd though with TID.

For your info, I have FREE stuff on my SC page and plenty more to go up shortly to, newer stuff that I had knocking about.

AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  02:18:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
Ive been told the average TID Hardcore #1 sells 100 copies, so the average track is probably like 30 to 40, not 300 to 400 ;)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  03:41:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Any labels / artists / compilations that should be noted to "take while you can"? I don't really follow that sort of thing closely so I have no idea what's exclusive to TiD.

So far I see Direct Hardcore Digital on there, and I don't see them available anywhere else.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  10:33:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SCOTT DEVOTION:
quote:
quote:

I dont no how many units hardcore tracks sell now, maybe 300-400 downloads per track for an average label?

No where near that. A couple of mine got to 40 with about 20 sales each. The labels wouldnt even pay out because 'they hadnt earnt enough'. Going physical was the best decision I could have made. Digital music has never had much momentum, and it certainly doesnt have a future.

I think the way music is released now means that Hardcore has become a genre that only sells music to other DJs. Casual fans dont buy it, and I think that's largely why its a genre that limits itself so much

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  10:59:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I dont no how many units hardcore tracks sell now, maybe 300-400 downloads per track for an average label?

No where near that. A couple of mine got to 40 with about 20 sales each. The labels wouldnt even pay out because 'they hadnt earnt enough'. Going physical was the best decision I could have made. Digital music has never had much momentum, and it certainly doesnt have a future.

I think the way music is released now means that Hardcore has become a genre that only sells music to other DJs. Casual fans dont buy it, and I think that's largely why its a genre that limits itself so much

We reached numbers like that (3-400 and more) with AWF.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  11:00:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton: Casual fans dont buy it, and I think that's largely why its a genre that limits itself so much

I'd like to see some research done into this...I find it very interesting! I just wonder how many people actually are buying the music to listen to casually, would be nice to see the demographics for the "scene"

am guessing it'd be hard to get a clear picture,

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  11:08:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
I think most casual listeners would rather pick up a mixed CD probably. That's what I'd rather listen to if I'm not mixing tunes tbh.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  11:53:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton: Casual fans dont buy it, and I think that's largely why its a genre that limits itself so much

I'd like to see some research done into this...I find it very interesting! I just wonder how many people actually are buying the music to listen to casually, would be nice to see the demographics for the "scene"

am guessing it'd be hard to get a clear picture,

I did a bit of research into digital labels and stuff for my dissertation, but I didn't go into any depth about it. I'd post the diss up now, but it's gone away for marking and I wouldn't want to jeopardize it or anything lol

But yeah, I think it'd be very interesting to look at the viability of digital stores and netlabels on a non-commercial level. There's lots analyzing the major's and lots about iTunes, but where netlabels are concerned, there's very little more than the individual assessments of label owners themselves

DJ SCOTT DEVOTION

United Kingdom
390 posts
DJ SCOTT DEVOTION is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/02/17 :  18:59:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SCOTT DEVOTION's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WOW, if thats near the figures then thats not good is it. I have some FREE tracks up on SC and yeah you could be right I have only had 50-60 downloads per track so far and they are free. I did always think with all the support tracks get with comments online that only a fraction of those people actually buy the tracks and that seems that way. Shame!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page