Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  11:52:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
RAVEE DAY BABAY!!!!!!!!! Let's drop the Nandos chat yea!!! More important issues at hand.

Anyone planning on having a pre rave meet for a couple?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  11:53:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
**** you guys and your manly mouths.

Medium is quite enough for me!

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  11:54:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
RAVEE DAY BABAY!!!!!!!!! Let's drop the Nandos chat yea!!! More important issues at hand.

Never!

I don't have more important issues to discuss because I won't be there. :(

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  12:51:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Definitely mate. What time you going to be there?

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  13:16:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Definitely mate. What time you going to be there?

I'm thinking that probably set off around 4pm which will mean I arrive 6.30pm. I'll Facebook you my number!!

Maja
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Maja has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  14:10:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maja's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes! Hope you are all good and as ridiculously excited as I am.

Very much looking forward to this. I am going by myself, getting the train up from Taunton later on. Would be great to meet some of you guys, drinking by yourself is never a good look.....

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  14:16:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
No idea how I'll find anyone but hope to somehow find someone who knows someone else...or something :)

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  19:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
We're in the Tudor Rose pub right next to the venue if anyone fancies coming for a couple.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/05/31 :  06:39:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Just got in now, will post a bit of a review later but I'm satisfied despite some obviously unavoidable technical issues ;(

HU are the best!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  02:25:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
So yeah, have had some sleep and woken up with massive tinnitus which is definitely the sign of a loud soundsystem.

There's been a few negative opinions shared about a) the state of the toilets (by someone who sounds like they'd be better served by a bottle service club with plush leather sofas) and b) some unavoidable power issues in the main room. This has all been addressed succinctly by Fracus @ https://www.facebook.com/events/673806359329553/permalink/720584917985030/

I didn't really see what the problem was with the venue, to me it was perfect, plenty of space to move around, an interesting layout and plenty of bars. The sets on the night were awesome, there was, as promised, loads of new material from all of the album sets. I have a pretty hazy memory about tracks so I can't really say too much but there were some seriously heavy tracks including some harder stuff and breakbeat hardcore from Fracus, Darwin & Entity. An amazing vocal track that I hadn't heard during Scott Brown & Al Storms set too. If I recall that set ended with F&D's 'End on a Hard Note' which had me properly stomping. The old skool room also had some wicked sets, the vibe in there was all good times, it wasn't really very busy throughout the night (except at one point, for reasons I'll get to) which was disappointing but to be honest I think this can be explained by the quality of the acts in the main room. I still spent a decent amount of time separate from my group just dancing and singing like an idiot on my own (a theme for most of the event) in there. Highlights of that room have got to be Robbie Long, Dougal, Slam & whoever it was that was playing early 2000's hardcore (Guessing it was D-Lyte but I could be wrong)

There was a period where the power cut out in the main room (you might've read that if you clicked the link) and did so a couple of times which screwed up the Lethal Theory/Powerstomp set in the main room, I think it got restarted a couple of times but it was a real testament to everyones determination that they approached it professionally and got everyone stomping again with no problem. I left at about 5AM so I'm not sure how this affected subsequent sets in the main room but I would assume either Thumpa or Klubfiller didn't play. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). There was an issue with a dodgy CDJ (?) and skipping CDs too during Fracus, Darwin & Entity which was again, disappointing but again it was handled well and Reece seemed to take it with particularly good humour. The amount of new stuff there was to hear more than made up for it, did I hear a new take on the F&D remix of Lift Me Up from the Kniteforce 20/20 project? Was an amazing set and I'm excited to hopefully see some of these tracks forthcoming. Those technical issues aside the sound was really excellent and could be felt through the floor, even Gammer, who I've previously slated for not supporting or being aloof left this on his facebook earlier -

"I have to tip my hat to the Hardcore Underground boys That show was so much fun! it's the first time since I can remember that I've played on a sound system in this country that is...like... Any good at all! And it wasn't just good, it was great! You could really 'feel' the music, this led to an atmosphere that was knob out. Was a great chance to play loads of new music
Seriously can we all just use that sound company from now on? Lest we be cursed with more mid-range tinny mess"

Other things I liked about the night - Getting ID'd by Fracus & CDJay, the fact that the artists were around outside chatting to people, getting a signed copy of HU5 for a bargain price. I also (briefly) met Darts (of KraftyRadio & Deal or No Deal fame) & _Jay_ (of forum posting, general nice guy fame), I apologise I wasn't more chatty but maybe we can chat at another event sometime.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  17:18:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Some pictures from the night!!

Me with Darren Styles

DMS with obscene things written on his back

Jay & Pravin

Torpex & Jay

Pravin, Me & DMS

Pre rave Jagers!! Too much for some ;)

Edited by - Claxton on 2014/06/01 17:21:01
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  18:18:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
someone needs to resize their pics!

And Darren looks absolutely spooked, but then again that's not far from the face reaction he gave with me haha.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  18:19:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Someone needs to resize their puney screen ;)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  18:43:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Absolute legends one and all!

Review coming soon

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  19:22:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
Had an absolute blast!

Got there just in time for Robbie Long, which was an absolutely amazing set. After that there wasn't a set i didn't enjoy. The best of them for me was Al Storm and Scott Brown, and Dougal in room 2.

Was absolutely gutted when the problems in the main room started happening, i chat to Prospect quite a lot and you could just see how gutted he was. Once they got it back on track it was a good set.

Overall it was a pleasure to be at the event. All of our group loved it. Big shouts to all the Hardcore Underground team!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page