Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 first WIP
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2014/03/19 :  02:04:19  Show profile Send a private message
Hey guys!
After about, say, 6-8 years of fiddling around, I've FINALLY uploaded something I've made. I get stuck constantly making minor tweaks and not actually laying out a track, but now at least I think I have something I'm not embarrassed by.

Any suggestions? I can't say I know what to do with this.

Alert moderator
Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/03/22 :  21:09:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage
I REALLY like how this sounds. Your breakdowns are beautiful and your build ups are simple but effective. This sounds pretty polished already for a first WIP. Nice job. :)

A constructive criticism I can make is when dropping into a chorus section, don't toss in all your percussion right from the beginning. Basically, try adding in other parts of the percussion bit by bit. It's a small change but it'll help to keep the choruses from sounding monotonous and keep it interesting for the listener. It's up to your own personal preference, but a pretty standard layout for it is to drop into the chorus with just the kick and bass, or kick, ride, and bass, or those three with a unique percussion that isn't a hat, clap or snare. 16 beats into the chorus, add the snare/clap, 16 beats after that add the hat, then 32 beats after that, add in things like hat loops or shakers, and basically have all percussion going for the 2nd phrase of the chorus. It's all up to your personal taste, but I think it could help. :) Great work so far!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2014/03/23 :  00:59:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage
I like that idea a lot actually. Thanks!

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page