Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Has DJ Supreme retired from the scene?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Marksey34

United Kingdom
112 posts
Posted - 2014/04/22 :  23:41:49  Show profile Send a private message
Ramos & Supreme were the 2 DJ's who got me into the hardcore scene proper after their set at Rezerection 3 back in the mid 90's, and I've always been a fan of theirs ever since. But while Ramos is still going strong, Supreme seems to have dropped off the radar of late. Has he retired from the scene or something?

Alert moderator
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/04/22 :  23:51:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
He had a very public clash with Stormtrooper in 2009 and I haven't seen much from him since then. His name pops up, but normally when people remix his tracks. The clash with Stormtrooper kind of put him in a very bad light, but I doubt that's the reason for him going quiet.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  00:35:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I certainly hoped he retired. Like Elipton said, that feud definitely did not do him any favors, and honestly I haven't really heard much about Supreme since then.

I believe Ramos mentioned he was retiring after the whole Sy mess being was resurrected. His ramblings certainly did not make him look good at all. Oh well I don't feel I'll miss him much either.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  00:36:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
I've heard lots of negative stuff about Supreme over the years, what he is like as a person. I've never met him personally so I can't say myself, you know what folk are like though, if they don't like someone they often make them seem worse then they are. He could be a really nice guy.
Ramos said he was quitting DJing the other week, whether or not this was an idle, heat-of-the-moment comment I don't know.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Marksey34

United Kingdom
112 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  11:21:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Marksey34's homepage
I've never met Supreme either, although I used to speak to him from time to time via social media. I'm Scottish, and we spoke about how much he liked Scotland and how he enjoyed the times over the years when he and Ramos DJ'd in Scotland. He seemed like a really nice guy, but I suppose how they converse with ravers and fans is different to how they behave with fellow DJ's!

It's a shame if he has retired from the scene, because he has contributed to it hugely over the last 20 years. As for Ramos, well I hope he doesn't retire and keeps going strong - half the tunes in my collection I bought after hearing Ramos and he alone play them at various events. He's always had his own style and it would be a shame for the scene to lose that.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  13:19:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
I vaguely remember the Stormtrooper thing being discussed on USH. Can someone recap for a nosy fellow please? :)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  13:42:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I vaguely remember the Stormtrooper thing being discussed on USH. Can someone recap for a nosy fellow please? :)

There's a topic all about it somewhere here

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  14:10:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=44421

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  14:24:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Well met, sirs!

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  13:36:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage
I don't like to get too heavily involved in the debate on the argument. I just wanted to say its a shame Supreme has dropped out of the scene or so it seems. My first tape pack was Helter Skelter Imagination and the Supreme mix to me was legendary, got me hooked. I still cane that mix to this very day. I've managed to get hold of alot of his mixes from that time and tunes and they are top class. Also the same for Ramos, again I read all the stuff he wrote on Facebook on Unknowns status regarding Sy, but again, I hope he doesn't give it up. I'm. Not one to join camps on who's right and wrong, they are pioneers to me, Sy, Ramos and Supreme :-)

Marksey34

United Kingdom
112 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  20:06:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Marksey34's homepage
quote:
I don't like to get too heavily involved in the debate on the argument. I just wanted to say its a shame Supreme has dropped out of the scene or so it seems. My first tape pack was Helter Skelter Imagination and the Supreme mix to me was legendary, got me hooked. I still cane that mix to this very day. I've managed to get hold of alot of his mixes from that time and tunes and they are top class. Also the same for Ramos, again I read all the stuff he wrote on Facebook on Unknowns status regarding Sy, but again, I hope he doesn't give it up. I'm. Not one to join camps on who's right and wrong, they are pioneers to me, Sy, Ramos and Supreme :-)

My thoughts exactly. Whatever goes on and has gone on between the DJ's in regards to what they've done/haven't done, or said/haven't said, for us they are DJ's who we have followed for years, and we don't want to see them retire from the scene - especially for reasons such as this.

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  22:01:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
No he hasn't left the scene, he is producing again with mob and has got thc back up and running, had a few new bits out on it the last few months, so he is definitely back producing again and I guess he is just waiting for his bookings to fill up.

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  11:08:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage
Exactly Marksey, I can see they all have their own views and they stand their ground. I'll leave it to them though

Gazza, I'll have to check his new stuff out, must say though I'm a stickler for his old RSR stuff, would love to hear some new up to date remixes of some of his classics from back in the day! :-)

Edited by - SmashingTheSirens on 2014/04/25 11:09:32
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  14:35:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
I love all the old rsr bits aswell dude, I've asked Ramos if he will ever get the old stuff out digitally and he said he was working on it, like a year ago! Same with everyone and there old stuff, it never bloody happens vinylgroover said his old world of obsession label will be going digital and that was 5 months ago, plus hixxy was suppose to be getting the uk dance back cat out digitally as he owns the rights to the label but that never happened! At least we have a force and styles album in the pipeline.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  15:27:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
I love all the old rsr bits aswell dude, I've asked Ramos if he will ever get the old stuff out digitally and he said he was working on it, like a year ago! Same with everyone and there old stuff, it never bloody happens vinylgroover said his old world of obsession label will be going digital and that was 5 months ago, plus hixxy was suppose to be getting the uk dance back cat out digitally as he owns the rights to the label but that never happened! At least we have a force and styles album in the pipeline.

dude, just a few years ago vinylgroover told me he would never make his hhc digitally. so he has really changed

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/26 :  10:43:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
hixxy was suppose to be getting the uk dance back cat out digitally as he owns the rights to the label but that never happened!

Hixxy owns the rights to UK Dance? Interesting.

He's probably the person you least want in control of music you actually want to see released.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.35 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page