Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/28 :  12:38:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acey:
I seem to have started a 'hardcore' debate. *Slaps knee*

But yeah, you're all right, the first few albums obviously the best!

For me personally I thought after around 6, that's when you noticed a change..

I agree. I would gladly sit down and listen to to the entirety of any CXH album between 1 and 6, possibly 7 too, but after that it's a no-go.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/10/28 :  22:36:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Acey:
Wasn't THAT keen on CXH9..

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CXH and have done for years.. and Darren Styles, Breeze, Hixxy, Gammer Re-Con etc.. are all bloody fantastic.

Of course compilation '(series's?) may gradually start evolving into something new on some level..
But I personally felt it was quite drum & bassy & dubsteppy.. (Which I don't really like anyway) mainly on Breeze's mix. Was disappointed so badly.

I then began reading on the official facebook page of the album that many, many people felt the exacty same way. Styles did say on an video that he felt it's gone as far as it can and wanted to grow it. But I paid for hardcore, NOT wub wub wubstep.

Most the albums were out in December time, so hopefully the new album will be out in the next couple months.

Cheers!

Don't worry bro. No-one here particularly cared for CXH9, I don't think.

The correct order is 4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 7, 8, 9. If anyone disagrees, they're wrong.

Nope WRONG again! The correct order is 2, 1, 4, and the rest of the shit I don't care what order it's in.

That is controversial, my friend!

Edit: But you know the right top 3. That much is indisputable fact.

let me change it around the top 3 is DEFINITELY #2, #4 and then #1. #2 perfected the series and added what was missing from the first.#4 righted all that was wrong with the 3rd one and brought the series back to what we all wanted from it. And #1 because it was the first and showed the series a lot of promise.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  07:32:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought 3 was up there as well - Hixxys mix especially. At the time it wasn't as great as the two before (or the one after) it, but with the benefit of hindsight looking back it was actually really good in comparison with what lay ahead. Certainly worthy of 4th place in my estimation.
Volume 2 was my favourite purely because of the excellent Darren Styles cd. I didn't really pay much attention to the other two mixes bar the odd tune.

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  09:02:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I thought 3 was up there as well - Hixxys mix especially. At the time it wasn't as great as the two before (or the one after) it, but with the benefit of hindsight looking back it was actually really good in comparison with what lay ahead. Certainly worthy of 4th place in my estimation.
Volume 2 was my favourite purely because of the excellent Darren Styles cd. I didn't really pay much attention to the other two mixes bar the odd tune.

I agree on 3. Hixxys mix was pretty good and had awesome tracks.

Freaks by hixxy, sy & unknown is on my top 3 tracks that wish would get release. Such an amazing tune!

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  13:32:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
quote:

I agree on 3. Hixxys mix was pretty good and had awesome tracks.

Freaks by hixxy, sy & unknown is on my top 3 tracks that wish would get release. Such an amazing tune!

Not forgetting the awesome and also unreleased 'take me with you' by hixxy.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  20:27:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Take me with you is a belter. I asked hixxy a while back about it he said it was going to be a free download but that's never materialised. I'm doing the tour event in Glasgow in 3 week's so will chin them all on whats happening with the last installment.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  20:42:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Take me with you is a belter. I asked hixxy a while back about it he said it was going to be a free download but that's never materialised. I'm doing the tour event in Glasgow in 3 week's so will chin them all on whats happening with the last installment.

I think hixxy just says the first thing that comes to his head when he's asked about releases of his tunes. I'll volunteer myself to suck off a hobo if he ever puts take me with you up for free download.
Do you have a link to flyer for that event by the way?

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  20:54:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
CLXHs 1-6 mostly featured >3 minute tunes so the mixes were smoother and, in turn, the albums showcased the music of the time better.

7-9 had much shorter tracks and so the mixes (ironically) were pretty pants.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/10/31 :  06:57:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Aye a think your right a have chinned him several times to his face about stuff & always get the answer you want that never ever happens haha

Janster

Canada
64 posts
Janster has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  07:42:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Janster's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

The correct order is 4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 7, 8, 9. If anyone disagrees, they're wrong.

I just want to say that I loved CXH9 and 7 is my favourite.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  15:36:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janster:
quote:

I just want to say that I loved CXH9 and 7 is my favourite.

Fair enough. To each their own!

I don't think 7 was a bad album at all. In fact, I liked a lot of tracks on there. It was the last CXH to represent the sound of hardcore I really enjoy.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  17:52:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Still not looking great for a release this is it?

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  18:07:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

what does dj breeze even do right now? ....anything?

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  19:14:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

He's actually quite active at the moment, especially in comparison with Hixxy for example. What were you expecting him to be doing?

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/24 :  22:06:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

He's actually quite active at the moment, especially in comparison with Hixxy for example. What were you expecting him to be doing?

running a proper label?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page