Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 World Cup 2014
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/06/04 :  23:36:02  Show profile Send a private message

The World Cup is nearly here!

So what teams are we backing? I imagine there're a few England fans here! Some United States fans, some dream-crushing Germans, some cheating Argentines, some repetitive Portugese!

Let's be 'avin ya! What teams are you following, what players are you rooting and what do you make of draws and results :) I hope we can chat about it all here :)

I'll start off by saying I hate Rooney, and I hope that he's dropped once and for all.

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/05 :  01:18:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Well England, US, and Germany definitely won't win. Germany always comes to the World Cups as a favorite to win, but they do what they do best, choke.

I hear Spain and France have been looking good.

What I will be most excited about this World Cup is seeing all the mess that is currently happening with the preparations, as well as upcoming protests, strikes, and even potential security issues during the games. Crime is extremely high in many Brazilian cities, and it looks like the players are being told to restrict their downtime to only heavily touristed areas, or face potential mugging or even kidnapping. Hell some of the stadiums aren't even ready, which means they won't have time to do a test run to determine if the seating is fully capable of sustaining the weight of the crowd.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazil-last-minute-rush-ready-world-cup-153539955--finance.html

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/05 :  06:49:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I'll be backing the team who's playing England :-D

Na, not really fussed to be honest. As long as the games are good il enjoy watching whoever. Don't have any predictions as I don't pay much attention to international football. Brazil must be in with a shout though.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  03:12:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I'm shocked at the lack of responses to this topic. You brits are the ones obsessed with this sport I would have expected a lot of feedback!

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  07:22:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Belgium

don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  16:36:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage
i dont care that much about soccer. will watch the finals and semi maybe, thats all. if i had to pick a favorite i wud say brazil.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  16:42:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I haven't even started to get excited about it yet which is a bit strange for me.

There are loads of teams looking pretty good this time round so I'm hoping for a really good tournament.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  17:38:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I don't care about troubles they're having. I only really care about on the pitch events.

I think England look decent. Certainly better in shape than Italy.

Love a good bit of football! Going to be awesome! Hopefully the USA and the filthy Argentines get humiliated

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  21:58:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I don't care about troubles they're having. I only really care about on the pitch events.

I think England look decent. Certainly better in shape than Italy.

Love a good bit of football! Going to be awesome! Hopefully the USA and the filthy Argentines get humiliated

lol don't worry USA always delivers disappointment. I love how the people here rally up just every 4 years for soccer and once the World Cup is gone they forget it even exists. Just like the Olympic games. I don't actually keep up with soccer internationally or nationally all that well, but I know well enough that the USA will never be a serious contender internationally because we just don't back up our program like other nations do.

I'll only be interested in watching the semi-finals and the finals, as well as their opening ceremony. Should be interesting to see what they do for that.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  07:01:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
I've seen too many world cups to get excited before hand....
thing is..... i always end up getting excited, only to be kicked in the guts when they can't string 2 passes together

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  08:59:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
I think we're in with a decent shout of winning it this time......what's that? Scotland aren't even in it!? Then I won't be watching. *spits dummy out*

In all seriousness though, really forward to it. Four years is a long wait so I always make a real effort to watch as much as possible, its a quick month!

Also, now living in England, I will be backing England. A risky thing for a Scot living in Scotland to do but I think I'll be safe in Devon. We're all British after all (well for now anyway) I honestly want to see them do well.

Surely we can create some sort of forum game to go with the competition?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  09:58:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
sweepstake?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  15:53:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
sweepstake?

That's what I was thinking, but how would it work I wonder....

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  16:28:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
I'll be safe in Devon.

Only if you stay away from R AAAAAApples

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  18:30:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
sweepstake?

You mean like a fantasy sports league for the World Cup?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/06/08 :  07:21:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Hoooow abooooout we are all drawn a few teams (decided by fifa rankings & how many people enter) & the person with the winning team has one hardcore related present sent to them from the others involved?

ie hardcore albums, vinyls, sweaty hi viz jackets & the like. The winner can then parade themselves in a picture showing what he/she (most definitely he) has received.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/06/08 07:23:21

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page