Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Return of Twista Records
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  17:16:55  Show profile Send a private message
Just seen this on twitter:
@Twistarecords: Who would like some new Twista releases then? #twista2014

Got to assume this is squad-e going solo. Interesting, hope it matches the standard set all these years ago, was a great label although Re-con obviously had a huge part to play.

Alert moderator
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  18:55:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Interesting! Was a source of seriously good cheese for a few years. I wonder what roster of artists will be involved.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  19:11:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Not many labels stick to what made them good in the first place. Here's hoping...

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  19:26:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
If it's Squad-E going solo, then I doubt the quality will be good. The man used to be awesome but last couple of years not so much. I think the latest tune of his that I loved was Make You Love Me...

My SOUNDCLOUD

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  20:54:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
Twista was a bit inconsistant in it's releases. some tracks were just sped up scouse house tunes. As Scouse house has virtually dissapeared it will be interesting to see where the influences come from.

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  21:28:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage
Cool. I've been thinking that when Squad-E came back he would immediately head over to Futureworld.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  23:33:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
If it's Squad-E going solo, then I doubt the quality will be good. The man used to be awesome but last couple of years not so much. I think the latest tune of his that I loved was Make You Love Me...

Yes. I hope the break he's had has done him good. No matter what anyone thinks of him, there's no denying that he was a great producer when he first broke through. But I've never seen such a rapid decline in any other producer. Was unbelievable actually. There's talent in there somewhere.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/30 :  23:36:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by brodster:
Cool. I've been thinking that when Squad-E came back he would immediately head over to Futureworld.

I don't think it's as easy as just joining Futureworld. Based on his recent tunes I've got more chance of joining Futureworld and I've never even attempted to produce a hardcore tune.

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  08:36:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
I ised to love his stuff when he first joined tue scene. Those tracks he had on bonkers 15 still remain favorites of mine. He really did decline so quick and his stiff became terrible. The albun he brought out was shockingly bad. It will be good to see what he comes up with in the future. The last track i heard from him was a remix he did alongside fat steve and dave casteliano (not sure how its spelt lol)

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  09:47:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage
I heard Sy was joining the Twista stable

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  09:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
I heard Sy was joining the Twista stable

you troll you :P

Anyways, I dont think I own any Squad-E tracks willingly (outside combilations or other releases), so I can't say I really care much if he's back or not.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2014/07/01 10:00:37
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  11:00:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Am I the only person who didn't think Exposed was that bad?

danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  11:24:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage
If he's going to come back I seriously hope he doesn't make stuff like that Cut & Splice remix.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  14:23:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Am I the only person who didn't think Exposed was that bad?

From clips I heard I remember it not being that terrible. They all sounded like the same tracks really, no diversity at all.

DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2014/07/01 :  17:05:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:
If he's going to come back I seriously hope he doesn't make stuff like that Cut & Splice remix.

Haha THAT.

I'm not going to get my hopes up considering the majority of stuff in the UK scene isn't doing much for me at the moment but it'll be interesting. I was listening to Hardcore Til I Die 2 and 3 when I was getting into hardcore so I'll always like that stuff but I've always preferred Re-Con over Squad-E, although even his stuff has been disappointing recently.

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/07/12 :  09:43:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page