Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/07/14 :  15:55:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

The Riddum is actually pretty keeewell until the drop.

So is skydiving without a parachute.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/07/16 :  07:00:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

LOL. Good one.

You're bitter as fcuk these days, Dean. Love it.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/07/16 :  10:34:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I like it when no one complains when Douglas does it

I do, gets right on my tits!

I have to disagree, we can't have every track going main riff in build up to main riff on the drop, dont get me wrong I love those tracks but appreciate the diversity of when someone tries something different

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/07/18 :  07:13:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

There's minimal and there's minimal. The FutureWorld-esque minimal stuff is just devoid of any atmosphere or feeling (I'm talking about the actual point of the "drop" here, not the surrounding track). Douglas' minimal-style drops are better presented and have a bit of depth. I do get a bit frustrated with them on occasion when I feel a monster, momentum-filled drop would have been better - but there is really no comparison between his stuff and the other minimal stuff we're discussing.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/07/18 :  09:37:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

There's minimal and there's minimal. The FutureWorld-esque minimal stuff is just devoid of any atmosphere or feeling (I'm talking about the actual point of the "drop" here, not the surrounding track). Douglas' minimal-style drops are better presented and have a bit of depth. I do get a bit frustrated with them on occasion when I feel a monster, momentum-filled drop would have been better - but there is really no comparison between his stuff and the other minimal stuff we're discussing.

What Jay said

But in a barely understandable Yorkshire accent.

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/07/20 :  20:33:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
TYL3R - Yin Yang
+
Breeze & Modulate - Bang 2 Me Nasty (VIP Mix)

got played on the Tomorrowland Mainstage today.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/07/20 :  22:58:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
TYL3R - Yin Yang
+
Breeze & Modulate - Bang 2 Me Nasty (VIP Mix)

got played on the Tomorrowland Mainstage today.

Any feedback/reaction news on that mate?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/08/05 :  11:28:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Seems like most people on this site like their Hardcore one way, cheesy and trancey.
I personally really like alot of the artists and tunage on FutureWorld. While it may not be the cup of tea of people on this site. Breezes label does have a very solid following, constant Hardcore chart top places for his label are proof that a lot of people like what the label is offering.

Why alot of Hardcore people like FutureWorld, is because it's producers are doing something different and more forward thinking than alot of other producers in the scene.
Will also bring alot of new fans to UK Hardcore music because it stays clear from the whole gatecrasher candy raver dummy sucking tely tuby tag that makes people laugh at hardcore and call it gay.
Futureworld gives Hardcore more credibility like it had in the 90s.
I am not against all trance influenced Hardcore (still really dig Scott Brown) but the whole S3rl dummy sucking shit can't disappear soon enough if you ask alot of people.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2014/08/05 11:36:23
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/08/05 :  14:46:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Why alot of Hardcore people like FutureWorld, is because it's producers are doing something different and more forward thinking than alot of other producers in the scene.

No, it's simply popular because it's heavily influenced by what's popular at the time - not because it's trying something new and different because trust me, it's anything but new and different. It simply copies everything that is popular in the mainstream genres, boost the BPM to 170 and adds a hardcore beat then calls it a day. A lot of people fell in love with hardcore when it was trancier cause they loved THAT sound - if it then turns into something vastly different, it isn't what they fell in love with and chances are high they will not like the new stuff.

Compare it to a Big Mac - say 10 years ago you tried your first Big Mac and it was great, you loved it and had one every week. Then a few years later, McDonald's changed it to taste like the Double Cheese Bacon burger they have at Burger King. Wouldn't you be disappointed? You might like that new Big Mac, but it isn't a Big Mac anymore.

My SOUNDCLOUD

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/09/13 :  15:27:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Longer clip on the HU podcast. I really, really like it. Great high-energy initial drop. 17m20s onwards.

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/hupodcast09

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/09/13 :  15:54:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Can't believe I never commented on this topic. Oh well better late than ever!

I actually liked the original clip when this topic was first created, but it did sound a bit boring. When it was featured on the HU podcast, I instantly loved it! Perhaps Breeze did make some slight changes to it, or it just sounded much better sped up.

I was surprisingly shocked that Breeze went back to making this stuff, considering that he pretty much said he hated it. I guess he wanted to remain relevant to the scene at the expense of his own productions. I didn't mind his DnB stuff, I just think if he was going to start promoting it, he'd need to switch genres because he wouldn't get far sticking around the hardcore scene, unless he made a drastic move to the HU label where they can help him cultivate it to a more hardcore breaks sound. That wasn't ever going to happen though lol

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/09/13 :  16:02:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

The Riddum is actually pretty keeewell until the drop.

And you're right that drop is fucking terrible. Totally ruined what could have been. Sort of reminds me of Fracus and Darwin's Landed. That drop still haunts me.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/09/13 :  16:59:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Can't believe I never commented on this topic. Oh well better late than ever!

I actually liked the original clip when this topic was first created, but it did sound a bit boring. When it was featured on the HU podcast, I instantly loved it! Perhaps Breeze did make some slight changes to it, or it just sounded much better sped up.

I was surprisingly shocked that Breeze went back to making this stuff, considering that he pretty much said he hated it. I guess he wanted to remain relevant to the scene at the expense of his own productions. I didn't mind his DnB stuff, I just think if he was going to start promoting it, he'd need to switch genres because he wouldn't get far sticking around the hardcore scene, unless he made a drastic move to the HU label where they can help him cultivate it to a more hardcore breaks sound. That wasn't ever going to happen though lol

pretty funny if he claimed he hates vocal hardcore or whatever ; for a good minute he was still labeling all his tracks UK HARDCORE. looks like he gets it now...

my buddy has a message from gammer saying he doesnt like playing or producing uplifting uk hardcore anymore, so thats why we get to hear trap and big house at raves we pay to hear hardcore. lol

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/09/13 :  17:36:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Regarding Breeze and Gammer, I didn't realise that they (allegedly) don't even like UK hardcore anymore.

I thought they were just trying to make a mainstream cash grab out of a dying scene by "modernising" it.

Either way, **** them both. Breeze hasn't been involved in a truly great track since Sometimes and I've been growing tired of Gammer for years now.

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/09/13 17:42:04
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/09/13 :  17:47:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

No, it's simply popular because it's heavily influenced by what's popular at the time - not because it's trying something new and different because trust me, it's anything but new and different. It simply copies everything that is popular in the mainstream genres, boost the BPM to 170 and adds a hardcore beat then calls it a day. A lot of people fell in love with hardcore when it was trancier cause they loved THAT sound - if it then turns into something vastly different, it isn't what they fell in love with and chances are high they will not like the new stuff.

Compare it to a Big Mac - say 10 years ago you tried your first Big Mac and it was great, you loved it and had one every week. Then a few years later, McDonald's changed it to taste like the Double Cheese Bacon burger they have at Burger King. Wouldn't you be disappointed? You might like that new Big Mac, but it isn't a Big Mac anymore.

I don't like Big Macs but I do love hardcore.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page