Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ Scott Brown - Angel Eyes
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  21:41:35  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage

This makes me cringe so hard. Read the comments, I don't know if they're serious but come on... "Original is indeed by Brisk & Ham. this is the DJ Hixxy Remix. Very good song :D"

Same goes for all the popular tunes that apparently "DJ Hixxy" has made. We should make "DJ Hixxy - I See The Light" as the response to everything in the Track ID sub forum.

Why is it this happens so much in hardcore, all the mislabeling?

My SOUNDCLOUD

Alert moderator
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  22:24:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
When I first got into hardcore, hixxy was the main DJ that everyone talked about. His mixes on bonkers were legendary. I guess he was so popular that some idiots just thought he was behind every major anthem that appeared on his mixes. 24/7 and shooting star are his best two tunes imo :-D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  23:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Like every shit bootleg with a chipmunked vocal was DJ Rankin, and every parody song was Weird Al.
A mate I used to work with had that See The Light on his phone, and just wouldn't accept it wasn't Hixxy, as that's what it said on the file. I pointed out the reasons it was labelled thus, explained that I had every Bonkers to date, including this mix, told him I'd been into this music since the mid 90s and am very qualified to set the record straight, as it were, but the fat pillock were having none of it.
One that still winds me up to this day is when people think Don't Worry Be Happy was by Bob Marley, because of the videos on Youtube. The fucking set of absolute fisters. Posting the video up on the Facebook, with a little love heart symbol and 'Bob Marley'. They need the butt end of a rifle slamming into the back of the skull.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  01:08:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
You should see the for license / legal threat emails I get because "happyhardcore" is an artist and I created all those songs :)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  02:43:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
it's not a farfetched mistake. The idiot who uploaded it might not have known that this even came from scott Brown's Bonkers 11 mix, which is the reason he got credit for the track.

But yes this is annoying. When n*p*t*r was around, there were a lot of trance tracks labeled as DJ liquid, and for about a year, maybe longer, I thought many of these songs were by dj liquid lol. I later find out they're by Kosmonova, Quicksilver, etc.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  07:56:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
My fave hixxy track is 'makin me wanna dance' closely followed by 'i wanna be a hippy'

Then boomstick.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  10:35:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
and I still like "Happy Hardcore - Shooting Star" from Happy2bhHardcore!!

I wouldnt suprise most of the names came from back when you couldnt have too long names on the MP3, and the shit CDDB support most audio cd-ripper programs had. Hixxy was the album artist and that's it!

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2014/08/07 10:36:36
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  17:12:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
This happens alot lol. For a bunch of hardcore noobs, every single track is made by s3rl...

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  19:48:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
You should see the for license / legal threat emails I get because "happyhardcore" is an artist and I created all those songs :)

Haha really!? Amazing!

I haven't seen this happen in trance, though. Like Tiesto isn't credited for every popular trance tune ever. :P

My SOUNDCLOUD

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  07:09:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I would think it's mostly because Hardcore has never been a genre where you release albums as "Various Artists" or unmixed. Most have always had names like "mixed by DJ blabla" or Happy2bHardcore. So tracks always end up having the DJ's name, or just the genre because of the limitations of MP3 or CD rippers.

And ofcourse it has happened in trance aswell. Hypnotika.org (old address, might not work anymore) had alot of asian dj's like DJ Liquid, DJ Epic and DJ Mystic, who never supplied proper tracklists for their albums (for the scare or copyright or not, but considering DJ Liquid stole a a whole chunk of a mix by Gary.D, no wonder he did like that).

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  21:05:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
You're spot-on there Samination! after buying a few 'Techno/Trance' Cds overseas in SE Asia, all those tunes you could never find the right artist or correct name even, as they misspell things and there are so many 2 min tracks that put Anabolic Frolic's H2BHC series to shame! i guess they were remade by DJ's who just wanted to promote their own clubs.

I've had this CD, labelled Hardcore Techno but it was just a bunch of Hard Trance tunes with names like "Jan wayne" Because the night etc..

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I would think it's mostly because Hardcore has never been a genre where you release albums as "Various Artists" or unmixed. Most have always had names like "mixed by DJ blabla" or Happy2bHardcore. So tracks always end up having the DJ's name, or just the genre because of the limitations of MP3 or CD rippers.

And ofcourse it has happened in trance aswell. Hypnotika.org (old address, might not work anymore) had alot of asian dj's like DJ Liquid, DJ Epic and DJ Mystic, who never supplied proper tracklists for their albums (for the scare or copyright or not, but considering DJ Liquid stole a a whole chunk of a mix by Gary.D, no wonder he did like that).

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page