Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Entity taking his leave
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  16:24:22  Show profile Send a private message
From facebook:

"I'll try and keep this short-ish, and not turn it into something resembling an Oscar winner's acceptance speech.
Due to various reasons, I'm finding that I have less and less time and emotional energy to properly dedicate to writing music. As such, I have made the difficult decision to stop.
I'm very proud of my music and collaborations to-date, but if I'm honest, I don't think I'll be able to maintain the same standard going forward. So, rather than burn-out gradually, I think it's best to stop now, whilst on a high.
I've had a fantastic run, and achieved more than what I ever expected. Had anyone told me many years ago that I'd be on a Bonkers album, meet and work with my heroes, get decent Radio 1 support, mix an album with Slipmatt and then Jon Doe and DJ at phenomenal parties both across the UK and overseas etc. etc. - I'd have laughed until my arse literally dropped off.
The reason I'm actually making this "statement" (sounds too strong a word, but it'll do) is because I have a lot of people that I need to thank, who have all been instrumental in getting me off the ground and keeping me going for almost a decade.
First of all - much love goes to Hardcore Underground for giving me a home. To say that they're working their arses off to keep pushing the music is an understatement and a half. They're all amazing people and I enjoyed working with them. They've stuck with and supported me through both thick and thin.
Owen Hattrixx - Infinitely talented and a real gem. His technical prowess is just jaw-dropping. He's responsible for too many things to list!
Jon Doe (and Mrs. Doe of course!) - "Legend". I could go on for ages here, but in short he is basically responsible for me being here in the first place (ok, maybe my parents were, but you know what I mean), as well as pushing me, getting me exposure in a ridiculously short space of time. I owe an incredible amount of thanks to this man for all his help.
Promoters - both domestic and international - thank you all so much for having me play at some of the most mind-blowing parties that I've ever seen, let alone DJ at, and also for your hospitality. I've got so many memories that are "lifers". Except for Poland. That's just one big blur.
Sharkey - for giving me my first 12 incher
Other DJ's and producers - this is going to take forever so I'll skip it. You know who you are
Finally, to all those who have supported me in one way or another, who have listened/bought my tracks/albums, who have turned up to the dance-floor or listened on the radio. Also to the many *awesome* people I have met over the years. Massive, massive thanks.
I'm also going to be hanging up my headphones around about the end of the year. If any promoters are interested, just drop me a line. I may still pop up here and there in the future on the odd occasion to do a classics set or something. We'll see..
As for the album... I am chewing my knuckles that I even announced it. What's been completed will be released gradually on whatever releases HU decide. Still, there's HU: Live to look forward to (it's awesome btw). Plus, I'm leaving something special for last.....
F**k me, this post was longer than expected.

Much love,

Clive."

Alert moderator
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  16:40:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Hmmm, could just be another Sharkey / Thumpa ect..... making a massive statement about how he is leaving, get loads of bookings and then doing the opposite, good producer though so would be a shame if he actually did leave.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  16:56:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Ugh damn you I was about to post that lol

sad that there will be no entity album. Even if it was a 2 CD project with one cd of unmixed stuff new and old and one mix cd that would have been a nice way to end on a high note.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  17:08:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Shame. Talented as **** and a bloody nice bloke.

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  19:36:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
Thanks Stu for posting this as we don't do Faceache and wouldn't have found out 'til it was old news.

Bugger....

We'll miss you Clive and good luck with what ever comes next mate.

........ffs........ :(

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  20:02:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
shit thats dissapointment, really hope 'light of day' gets relased at some point. very talented guy such a shame he's going.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  20:40:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I'm disappointed that he's leaving, but he's a great bloke I had the pleasure of meeting and whose music has been amongst the best Hardcore has ever seen :)

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  05:30:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
I'm really not up to date with the latest hardcore scene or rather the tracks from the past 5 years but Entity's tracks always stood out for me. Tweak was a personal favourite and I loved every track he produced with Jon Doe. A rare breed in this day and age. I can appreciate his views on a lack of time, it does get harder and harder to find the time as we get older. I wish Clive all the best and I'm hopeful we'll see a bit more from him one day when life offers him a little pause and he the flame for producing reignites.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  07:37:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Gutted.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  08:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
this track was one of my personal faves

DJ Entity - Fallen Souls (Breakbeat Mix)

DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  09:38:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:

YES.

What a tune.

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  10:31:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
This is such a shame. Entity is such a talented producer who has made some brilliant, brilliant tracks in the past.

It's just a shame that over the last few years we've heard so little from him and his productions have been sparse to say the least.

The breakbeat stuff he was making with CLSM was out of this world.

I'll be sad to see him stop. However, It is rare that a producer gives up entirely. They always have that desire inside them to produce from time to time.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  10:45:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:

great fun to mix too

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  11:03:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

great fun to mix too

The intro is wicked and the breakdown sounds so so good

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  16:24:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Yeah is a shame, loved entitys stuff, always thought he would mix a hu before he actually did! and pity he won't release a album then, and I wonder what he means by "leaving something special to last"? any ideas? :p

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  17:32:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
Rudloe (both versions) was absolutely stunning, real hands in the air stomp about track. Will be a big miss

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page